[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be raised my entire life to be nice and treat everyone with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: index.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>Be raised my entire life to be nice and treat everyone with respect
>Go out in the real world
>Most people are assholes and people rarely respect each other unless they have something to gain

I wish my parents raised me with truth, instead of false fairy tales of a perfect world where everyone is nice and respects each other, maybe then I'd have ended up having more in-common than the average human.
>>
>>29722516
Yeh I kind of feel the same way in my life. My dad really fucked up and turned into a cuck and I am now just starting to realize how bad it fucked me up.
>>
>>29722516
What are you talking about? Being polite usually gives you an advantage if other people are assholes. Some examples from my life include:
>better service at restaurants
>more lenient return policies at stores
>more flexible schedule at work than coworkers
>the DMV lady let me retake my picture
>>
>>29722585
This

There is no reason to not be polite.
>>
>>29722585
This, you just have to know when to switch it up and become aggressive if need be
>>
>>29722565
It's really shit isn't it?

Being utterly unprepared for the reality of society and human interaction.

It really took the smile off my face and killed my optimism.
>>
>>29722516
It's just idealism. There's a hope that one day, enough people will teach their kids to be nice that they'll all remain nice when they're adults and the world will be a better place.

Maybe that would work if there weren't several other generations already ahead of them. If you raised them good and then sent them out into a world where they are the only generation, maybe it would work.
>>
>>29722585
>Most people are assholes and people rarely respect each other unless they have something to gain

He covered that.
>>
>>29722638
>Maybe that would work if there weren't several other generations already ahead of them. If you raised them good and then sent them out into a world where they are the only generation, maybe it would work.

You have a good point. My parent definitely raised me in a make believe fairy world that does not exist. If the world actually operated that way it would be fine... unfortunately the real world is fucking ruthless and learning that the hard way is not easy.
>>
Dunno senpai, everyone where I work is really nice to me even though I'm a complete fuckup. Even most of the customers are really nice- I've had a few bad interactions, but not nearly as bad as other people seem to have it based on retail threads.

Can you give examples of how people are assholes to you?
>>
>>29722623
Quit blaming your parents for how much of a fuck up you are. My parents were raging cynics and I'm still incapable of being the asshole this world needs a person to be.

Admit it, anon, you're just a broken piece of shit.
>>
>>29722667
>what is every human action ever
Pro tip: altruism doesn't actually exist. The only difference between behavior is short term and long term gain.
>>
>>29722617
This is the only time I've used aggression properly....

>buy bulk bag dog food
>take bag home
>open it
>realize date has expired
>take it back to store
>manager says ive opened it so cant refund
>i tell him i just bought it literally 20min ago and its expired
>tells me its just dog food they can eat expired nothing will happen

^That set me off and I got really aggressive (without yelling) and just said a bunch of shit about how ive bought from their store for the last few years and that it's their problem that they've had expired stock on the shelf and that i feel that i deserve a refund. My tone was very aggressive and dominant.

After that he said "Okay, you're right, I apologize". Then he refunded me, and I went and bought another bag (checked the date this time lol)

Shook his hand and left, I still buy from there, and the guy always gives me discounts every time I go in.

This is literally the one and only time my aggression has paid off successfully. I wish I could harness this power and apply it to in other aspects of my life. It was like I used an ultimate ability or something, never spoke that clearly and aggressively before in my life.
>>
>>29722781
It does, but random normies won't show it to you because you're a sperg.

Just become a normie and make a few normie friendS. You'll find a few who give with no expectation of return. I do it occasionally, but not often.

>Inb4 normie leave my board REEEEEEEE
>>
>>29722781
That's dumb, anon. Have you never held a door open for someone? Have you never fed an animal? Have you never quickly helped someone who was struggling?

There are lots of good things that people do with no expectation of return. Don't try to excuse people being cunts.
>>
>>29722949
I think you are missing the entire point of what OP is saying.
>>
>>29722806
Are you Asian? Just asking ^^
>>
>>29722949
I'm the anon you who was posting in defense of politeness. I hold doors open for people all the time, among other things, and it does benefit me in the long run because it helps build up my reputation as a good person.
>>
>>29723228
How would it build your reputation? People aren't going to recognise you, most of the time. You'll hold doors for people you'll only ever see once in your entire life.
>>
>>29723329
Not always. Sometimes it's for friends. Sometimes it's for family. But the important part is that you get into the habit of doing it. Because even though I'm a very bitter person on the inside who wants people to fuck off, I still hold doors open with a smile even on bad days because it's a reflex at this point. If I don't build those habits then eventually my bitter personality will show through and if it's at a time when I'm, say, trying to impress a girl, then I'm (not) screwed.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.