[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /r9k/ play Overwatch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
File: zo8wbmvlptcuicvi8udi[1].jpg (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
zo8wbmvlptcuicvi8udi[1].jpg
1 MB, 1600x900
Does /r9k/ play Overwatch?
>>
>>29722444
I do, Pharah is best.
>>
played open beta and got bored after a few hours

too easy, too many shitty players, no one speaks english (played on european servers) and it's just a meme game aimed at normals/casuals
>>
Played it during beta with friends, roadhog and zarya were pretty fun.
>>
>>29722444
No, I'm fucking broke. I wish I could though, it would be nice to play a popular game with other people.
>>
File: dva1.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
dva1.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
>>29722444
i lov it
>>
File: 1465948633552.jpg (674 KB, 1280x1236) Image search: [Google]
1465948633552.jpg
674 KB, 1280x1236
I do. Play the shit out of D.Va, Mercy, and Winston. competitive play is shit, everyone is just an ultra try hard and the game punishes you like crazy for losing just a single game.

I went back to quick play pretty fast.
>>
File: 12123041.jpg (35 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
12123041.jpg
35 KB, 615x409
I'm /literally cancer/ on Overwatch.

>play Mei
>Block teammates from going through doors with ice wall multiple times
>freeze enemy turrets but just walk past them, tell team that it's safe anyway
>never use ultimate on more than one enemy at a time
>make ice wall under teammates, sending them flying
>Create wall at only exit while D. Va's suit is about to explode, cry-freeze so that I'm the only survivor
>cryo-freeze in front of the payload so it doesn't move
>all of this was in a single match
>mfw it was a ranked match too
>>
File: 14234234674.jpg (48 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
14234234674.jpg
48 KB, 600x338
No but I love the butts and know all of the girls
>>
>>29722498
>no one speaks english (played on european servers)
Fucking this. The same problem as CS:GO.
>>
File: 1434477187172.jpg (56 KB, 663x511) Image search: [Google]
1434477187172.jpg
56 KB, 663x511
>>29722627
>doesn't move
That shit just kinda slid me along with it.

But I at least try with her.
>mfw blocking off one of the enemy's doors when defending
>mfw they're forced to go through another one that's full of turrets and shit
>>
How does it compare to tf2?
>>
>>29722498
>played open beta and got bored after a few hours

Pretty much same here. Played closed beta and got bored.

The thing that really did it for me was the way the game is balanced and the inferences on how they were balancing. The game is super fucking casual and cheese and they are going to treat it like a competitive e-sport despite the fact that the competition is going to be absolute shit.
>>
>>29722842
Total garbage.

Originael
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 422x249) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 422x249
Yes in level 181 competitive level 52

I have 20 hours with 6 characters
>>
>>29722842
Vanilla TF2 is better than OW.
>>
I only play against bots because I don't want other people to yell at me
>>
it's alright but painfully repetitive, it doesn't help that competitive is exactly the same as quick play either, at least csgo comp and casual are like two different games.

once you've played all the heroes and seen all the maps then there's not really much else to it.
>>
>>29723316
Me too man. I've only had a couple of games in multiplayer and I just picked Lucio and stand near some people.
>>
>>29723316
>>29723545
just play it, nobody yells because it's casual as fuck, even in 'competitive' everyone just stays silent and barely says anything
>>
>>29723604
I just wish we could choose servers, like in TF2 I spent all my time on a server that only did koth_harvest and I knew everyone there.
>>
>tfw dropped from 43 to 38

why am i so bad at this game..
>>
What's the appeal guys?
Everyone is talking about it. I was at a friend's house watching him play it recently and it looks shit.
>>
>>29723655
community servers were the shit, i can't go back to tf2 though even though i want to sometimes, i hit the jackpot when skins came out, sold one for a great amount of money and uninstalled, don't wanna play if i have to play without my weapon
>>
>>29723731
There is no appeal, just hype. I'd never even heard of Overwatch until it came out and now I can't get away from it. I didn't see ANY anticipation for it pre release.
>>
No I like games that actually take skill.
>>
I did but it got boring very quickly.

>>29722842
It just makes me miss original TF2 so much.

The eyecandy is nice, the characters fun but it's such a bland and by the numbers game.
Probably going to uninstall it.
>>
>>29723779
I heard people raving about it and saw stuff all over normiebook but I didn't bother to look into it.
First time seeing it was at my friend's house and I was underwhelmed to say the least.
>>
It's a ton of fun unless you are playing with random stuff and not friends. If you play with random people they will suck. There will be at least one extreme try hard who believes he will one day become a pro and move to Korea, some new casual who doesn't know how to play, and maybe one decent guy if you're lucky. I want to play ranked, but I did one match and had to stop.
>>
>>29722444
I do but I'm still waiting for that dva buff so I can main my waifu.
>>
>>29725184
She doesn't need a buff.
>>
>>29725221
Even the devs agree that she needs one and it's already been confirmed she'll be getting one.
>>
>>29725274
Oh. Who else is? Who is getting nerfed?
>>
>>29725373
Hopefully Hanzo gets a small nerd. He can get his ultimate way too fast. I played a game where a guy got around 10 ultimates and it was ridiculous.
>>
>>29725373
No one else confirmed yet unless you count tjorborn getting nerfed on console.
>>
Yes but I find the whole thing frustrating.
Constantly reminded I am friendless and alone against a bunch of friends having fun while the salty player on my team is just waiting to blame me.

Majority of my time is Lucio/Winston/Zarya because everyone is a cunt.
>>
File: Drake_And_Josh.jpg (272 KB, 840x600) Image search: [Google]
Drake_And_Josh.jpg
272 KB, 840x600
Bland, casual, shallow. 22 characters but most of them can only do one thing. Little skill required to preform. Few gamemodes, no server options, few maps.

Tf2 puts overwatch in perspective. It can't compare.
>>
>>29725464
You could make the games have the same quality of graphics

And it would be TF2 which I would believe had come out in 2016, not Overwatch.
>>
>>29725464
I prefer it because the madatory healslut roles and roles which don't get the spotlight are at least a little varied.
Making those roles remotely enjoyable goes along way for me
>>
>>29725622
Mercy is still by far the best one.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.