[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
okay /r9k/ Ive been here for like 6 months, and i am drunk enough
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1387312620697.jpg (410 KB, 1089x1154) Image search: [Google]
1387312620697.jpg
410 KB, 1089x1154
okay /r9k/
Ive been here for like 6 months, and i am drunk enough to think of this question.

how many of you visit this board unironically? Like how many of you actually believe that women are the source of all your negative emotions.?
>>
>>29722251

Not the target audience, but I'll answer anyway.

I don't believe that women are the source of all of my negative emotions.

I do believe that modern women are complete and total trash.
>>
>>29722251
Noone blames ALL of their problems on women.
It's just that aside from lack of succes with women, robot's lives aren't that bad as they think, hence the overwhelming complaining about women.
[Spoiler]Still have no respect for cunts tho[/spoiler]
>>
>>29722282
What do you label as modern women?
Like what traits does she have to have to fit that description?
>>
File: 1464694663044.png (244 KB, 1200x4168) Image search: [Google]
1464694663044.png
244 KB, 1200x4168
>>29722483

>Not a virgin
>Career focused
>Lacking in any sort of traditional femininity
>Hedonistic, post-60s revolution style of thinking
>"Doesn't want children" meme
>spiritual but not religious

Literally the average woman today.
>>
File: 7247483.jpg (41 KB, 500x293) Image search: [Google]
7247483.jpg
41 KB, 500x293
>>29722598
I havent met a single women who 100% fits that description actually.

The thing i hate the most is how shallow they are about things. I guess im just boring.
Like if i tell her that space probe "Juno" is about to fly by jupiter and its actually a pretty big deal considering how big the gas giant actually is and with all the radiation fields around it, shes just not gonna give enough attention to actually allow me to get a decent conversation out of it. All they care is who is hooking up with who.
Sucks.
>>
i dont think women are the sole problem in my life

but they sure as fuck make me miserable, their terrible attitudes coupled with my addictive-like desire for their touch and attention

i really want to cut my balls off somedays
>>
>>29722251
I visit this board unironically but I don't agree with a lot of the popular views here.
>>
>>29722598
What's wrong with being hedonistic, career focused and an athiest? That's how I'm living but I'm a guy. Seems like the most enjoyable way to live.
>>
Women are definitely not the source of all my problems, but due to their overinflation in my mind as a conceptual ideal due to a youth spent excluded from them they sure are the source of most of my negative emotions.
>>
>>29722927

I just listed some base attributes that are far too common nowadays. Most women probably won't fit everything I typed, but they usually have a couple of those attributes, which are all terrible.

>>29723324

Hedonism speaks to poor impulse control, a lack of moral character, and low time preferences. Not exactly a shining quality for a potential wife/mother.

Career focused men are fine. Career focused women all too often aren't.

I have nothing against atheists, I just wouldn't date one. I was more referring to basic bitches that trot out the "spiritual but not religious" line. You should know the type.
>>
>>29723324
Not him, but I'd guess that from his mention of "traditional femininity" his idea of an ideal woman is one that is traditionally feminine, (or at least what he considers to be traditionally feminine) evoking humbleness, family focus and faith.
>>
>>29723415
>Hedonism speaks to poor impulse control, a lack of moral character, and low time preferences.

Hedonism is a relative term, one can very much still live hedonistically whilst giving thought to the future in terms of how one might most benefit now to enjoy oneself more then.

People who live for pleasure by no means necessarily live for the moment as well, otherwise anyone who was truly a hedonist would just go out and OD on heroin.

>Career focused men are fine. Career focused women all too often aren't.

Why?

Obviously it raises some issues in terms of child rearing (which I assume you're basing your point from) but disregarding that surely a woman who can support herself and bring money into a family unit is preferable to one who must rely on your work to live?
>>
File: 1441704245351.png (21 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1441704245351.png
21 KB, 900x900
>>29723450
>>29723415
Gonna play Devils advocate for a second:

Being traditionally feminine sounds boring as fuck. Being a humble, family focused house wife to anyone who isn't a wealthy man sounds like a bad deal. Especially since now a days you usually need 2 incomes. Is this even viable anymore?
>>
>>29723538
>to anyone who isn't a wealthy man sounds like a bad deal

This is at the heart of the issue, it's just not viable nowadays for the majority of the population to pair off and create the traditional family units that have been integral to society for so long. The vast majority of men are barely making enough to support themselves in their early twenties, let alone support a family.

Unless one or both parties come from wealth or one partner has a very well paying job, families with "stay at home" mums are simply not very financially viable.
>>
>>29722251
I came here in 2011 because I was tired of seeing cp and gore on /b/ and this board was /b/light with the novelty of the robot. I happened to be a 21 year old virgin with no friends but that was only a small part of what people talked about on here. Since then I've gone back to college, made friends and gotten a gf. I still come here because it's better than /b/ and the best NSFW board to just talk about random shit. After the cumface and tendie threads became daily forced memes the quality of this board really plummeted. The whole virgin loser aspect of the board was fine when it was just a smaller part but now everyone just spouts frog memes all of the time and it's annoying.
>>
>>29722251
I visit unironically when I'm bored or feel a bit lonely.

Women aren't the source of all my negative emotions. Being socially retarded is.
>>
>>29723530

I'm not suggesting that hedonists live "only for the moment." I'm merely suggesting that hedonists, in their pursuit to maximize pleasure, tend to ignore or minimize the consequences of their indulgences (hedonistic women and sex, for example).

A person who views the world solely through a material lens isn't someone I'd trust in a long term relationship, they're not someone I'd find myself attracted to on the level of personality, and they certainly aren't the type of person I'd trust to help raise any children of mine.

>Why?

Because of the issue you just listed. I'd want any wife of mine to be at home with the children.

>>29723538

As does spending your days slaving away in an office, or working your fingers to the bone outside. Life can't be comfortable all the time, and people have their duties.

I can't say if it's viable for everyone. My older brother manages to support himself, his wife and their three children on his own. Thanks to oil royalties, I should be able to manage it as well.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.