[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What books should I read? The last time I read a book was 5 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: _20160305_145545.jpg (274 KB, 1794x1080) Image search: [Google]
_20160305_145545.jpg
274 KB, 1794x1080
What books should I read? The last time I read a book was 5 years ago in highschool. I like fiction, non fiction, graphic novels, and shit that's generally interesting and gives me a new perspective on things. What do you reccomend I read so my brain doesn't turn into a bigger ball of slush than it already has

I also enjoy museums and history
>>
Blood of Elves, first book of the Witcher series.
>>
Start with the Greeks.

t. /lit/
>>
>>29721012
Leo Tolstoy, all the classics(Fahrenheit 451, 1984, Of Mice and Men, etc.), Dune, stuff from Murakami if you want to talk about books with qt girls
>>
File: book.jpg (225 KB, 736x1178) Image search: [Google]
book.jpg
225 KB, 736x1178
for unders like you
>>
>>29721043
I enjoyed reading Fahrenheit 451! I'll check out of mice and men, heard it was good. True bro, thanks for the vagina bait with books. I loved into the wild as well.

Are there any magazines out there that aren't biased and complete shit?
>>
>>29721060

I wish I had this book is high school
>>
>>29721060
I can't tell if this is a joke
>>
Light hearted Entertainment: The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett

Hipster-loved but still a nice book: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

Fiction(not for long): The Camp of the Saints by Jean Raspail

Non-fiction: The Great Betrayal by Ian Smith

Edgy as fuck: Mein Kampf (Stalag edition) by Adolf Hitler
>>
>>29721107
it's serious. look it up.
>>
Women by Bukowski
>>
Five people you meet in heaven. It'll change your outlook on life.

Fight club
No More Mr Nice Guy (if you have a problem with it)
IT by stephen king (long read but its the only king novel i've read which he doesn't ramble in)
Day of Wrath is insane

Sry dont remember author names off the top of my head
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.