[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
special problems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
File: records.jpg (715 KB, 1366x908) Image search: [Google]
records.jpg
715 KB, 1366x908
What are some rare and unique problems you have?

>hypnophobia

Mine has been less bad in the past few months, but since 2012 I've felt very anxious about falling to sleep for different reasons.
>>
>>29720312
>borderline

not sure if that's "rare" or "unique" but im the only person i know who has it
>>
Narcolepsy. It's pretty great seeing as mine is mild. The downside is I can't ever get comfy unless I wanna fall asleep; car seat upright at 90 degrees, computer chair is some shitty non-ergonomic chair from the 90s, etc. I had to change the computer chair after I had an awesome comfy one I bought, but kept falling asleep during games with friends online.
>>
agoraphobia

"social anxiety" people talk about and post about is a meme

I am literally afraid to leave my house. Taking out the trash causes me to panic. Driving my car gives me anxiety. Going to the grocery store? I just don't even do it.
>>
Underactive Thyroid
I was told it's mostly a women problem
I have to take pills otherwise I am sleepy
>>29720328
Did you start DBT yet?
I started today and it's supposed to help a lot
>>
>>29720312
Depersonalization disorder (DPD), also known as depersonalization-derealization syndrome, is a mental disorder in which the people have persistent or recurrent feelings of depersonalization and/or derealization. Symptoms can be classified as either depersonalization or derealization. Depersonalization is described as feeling disconnected or estranged from one's body, thoughts, or emotions. Individuals experiencing depersonalization may report feeling as if they are an outside observer of their own thoughts or body, and often report feeling a loss of control over their thoughts or actions.[1] In some cases, individuals may be unable to accept their reflection as their own, or they may have out-of-body experiences.[2] While depersonalization is a sense of detachment from one's self, derealization is described as detachment from one's surroundings. Individuals experiencing derealization may report perceiving the world around them as foggy, dreamlike/surreal, or visually distorted.[1] In addition to these depersonalization-derealization disorder symptoms, the inner turmoil created by the disorder can result in depression, self-harm, low self-esteem, anxiety attacks, panic attacks, phobias, etc. It can also cause a variety of physical symptoms, including chest pain, blurry vision, nausea, and the sensation of pins and needles in one's arms or legs.
>>
Monophobia. Literally means that I get fucking terrified at the idea of being alone. Because I have no gf and no friends, I am constantly worrying and depressed and losing my shit.
>>
File: pains.jpg (424 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
pains.jpg
424 KB, 1300x1300
Sexual headache.
This shit is killing me. When you are masturbating the back of your head explodes in pain so powerful it makes you curl up. Had it for like 3 weeks now, gonna see a doctor soon because this shit is living hell.
>>
>>29720382
I've had that intensely at different periods in my life. Last one was a year and a half period where I didn't leave my house.
It finally alleviated when I was forced to change my environment.
Also, don't know if it's the same with you, but I have much less fear of being outside at night.
>>
>>29720455
The back of my head and neck become very tense whenever i masturbate. Is that a type of sexual headache?
>>
>>29720312
Antisocial personality disorder (APD). I constantly have to watch what I'm doing to make sure that it's in the realm of what's socially acceptable. On top of this, I have issues with my mother that has caused me to have so many issues with women that makes it near-impossible to maintain an LTR for more than two years.
>>
>>29720478
probably just you sitting in a bad way.
>>
>>29720428
So are you constantly around people?
>>
>>29720428
Kinda sounds like borderline
>>
>>29720312
I have the autisms and one of the issues generally, although not specifically diagnostic, that comes with it is sensory sensitivity. Some autististic people don't have this issue with any degree of severity.

Anyway, the following things are no good for me:

>fluorescent lighting
>certain types of glossy paper (the kind that will squeak if you run your finger across it)
>complex noise (think grocery stores)
>the texture of fruit
>wool
>sirens
>potpourri smell
>chalk and chalkboards

Too much exposure to any of those things will make me lose my shit. Up to and including panic attacks. I have to wear earplugs when i shop for groceries or go in a mall.
>>
Schizotypal tendencies.

>Paranoia
>Asocial behavior
>Intrusive thoughts/ruminations
>Magical/unconventional thoughts
>>
>>29721030
I have these too. No psychiatrist has ever brought that label up with me
>>
My friend actually told me about it. I'm assuming they don't use it because it's not in the DSM, but in the world health organizations ICD.
>>
>>29721177
Told you about what?
>>
>>29721364

Meant to reply to
>>29721157

Herbthony oregatano
>>
File: WxrjKFC.gif (904 KB, 500x532) Image search: [Google]
WxrjKFC.gif
904 KB, 500x532
>>29720312
Sexual OCD in combination with necrophilia. Makes for nearly constant intrusive thoughts about homicide and fucking the dead, with awful compulsions, and it's likely that I'll have to live with it for the rest of my life. Medication doesn't help with the thoughts but mercifully therapy has been helping a little.

>mfw food spoils in the fridge, I drive past an automobile accident or funeral home or cemetery, a friend or family member dies, there's a terrorist attack on the news, I consume any violent media, someone jokes about killing someone, someone even mildly provokes me, someone doesn't provoke me at all and I still am forced to picture their rotting corpse, and so on

I've met people with paraphilias before, and I've met people with OCD before, but never both in combination, let alone to this severity. I've been told stories by therapists about the few patients that they have had with similar cases though, so I know I'm not completely alone with this. It would be nice if there was more support out there, though. I can't help but feel alienated in places like gurochan/liveleak/bestgore or whatever where the majority of people only fantasize and have no experience or intention to do anything IRL, or are just morbidly curious, or are mentally stable and just have a fetish...
>>
>>29721720
ls that you necrofag?
>>
>piss shy
Some days are better than others but, when it's bad it's literal hell on earth.
>>
File: 1432922858451.png (30 KB, 241x296) Image search: [Google]
1432922858451.png
30 KB, 241x296
>>29721765
Yes.

confirmationblox
>>
>>29721911
femdom me plz. you can put corpse make up on me so i look like a zombie
>>
File: 1456077000645.jpg (135 KB, 1300x1032) Image search: [Google]
1456077000645.jpg
135 KB, 1300x1032
>>29722303
>you will never dress up in black leather and heels, torture and kill a willing robot, sit on his face and browse 4chan while you grind against his rotting features
Why go on?
>>
>>29722386
I'm up for the torture part, but the killing is too much.
>>
File: 1431575399756.jpg (124 KB, 736x550) Image search: [Google]
1431575399756.jpg
124 KB, 736x550
>>29722420
You see why having this paraphilia is a problem. Lots of people like romanticizing death, but when it comes to the real thing it's a universal deal breaker. Pretending doesn't cut it. Normal relationships are impossible. Pleasing a partner in a satisfying way is impossible. I can do things for others but when the other person knows that I'm not getting off to it it ruins everything.
>>
>histrionic
>obsessive compulsive
No I don't keep stuff clean but I have multiple repetitive actions brought on by recurring invasive thoughts.
>be 14
>be horny
>decide to jerk off
>finish
>always see how much came out
>confused because I can't find it at first
>eventually notice notice the semen is stretched between two knuckles on my index finger
>wash it off and use hand sanitizer
>be 21
>can't think about the incident without rubbing or washing my right index finger
>wake up set night, think about it, wash hands
>always hand sanitizer it
>>
>>29722628
mind if I ask what other compulsions you have? it always makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one who's compelled to do illogical shit.
>>
File: 1467648432121.png (50 KB, 753x689) Image search: [Google]
1467648432121.png
50 KB, 753x689
going to bed is a chore that takes a couple of hours for me to fall asleep just to wake up 2-4 hours later.
>>
>>29720428
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I start imagining scary shit when I'm alone, even when there's someone in another room. Like hands coming out of the wall, spooky hairless old men stairing at my naked body. Fuck, this plus my OCD about counting the seconds before I wash off my conditioner is scary as fuck.

Expanding on OCD, every time I go to sleep, Imaginary friend a and b say goodnight to me and the other, with a "safety number" that's not a multiple of six or thirteen at every count, then we say goodnight to each other, then imaginary friend c.

I then bring up my fingers on the left hand and right hand to count individually to eight, then I flap my hands until it is set least less than what I feel to be near a multiple of 6 or 13 usually 29, with my fingers counting using the chisanbop method.
>>
>>29722748
>chisanbop method
I can see why your compulsion utilizes it, it sounds soothing as fuck.
>>
>>29720312
I don't like being "exposed" like, when a body part is not directly above the sofa, or when I'm not wearing my blankets or jackets, and at bed, the cause of my constant insomnia, my legs reaching the very end of the bed, without being covered by the comforter. I mean, fuck it's summer and the AC is expensive as shit, and too cold for my liking.

This happens especially at night, even with other people present in the room. I feel like an arm is reaching out or something.

Also, I get emotionally sensitive easily even about the most irrelevant of topics. I need at least several hours of me being silent for me to recover again. Not only that, but I always offend someone, regardless of circumstance, and they always criticize me without looking at the main subject at hand. I hate criticism, and an identity that's not perfect is deleted immediately online. That's why I like 4chan.
>>
>>29720312
Well, my hearing is incredibly sensitive if that counts.
I can hear high pitched static noises near almost all electronics (not tinnitus), even if they're turned off, as long as they're plugged in
I can hear someone gently walking or speaking softly from a very far ways away
that kinda stuff
however, it's only if I really try to focus my hearing, so if someone comes up on me without me having that focus on perceiving things around me, they'll scare the fuck out of me
>>
>blind in one eye
>no depth perception
>can't even catch a ball
>no spatial awareness
>can't even part my fucking hair properly because what I perceive to be the middle of things isn't actually the middle
>clumsy and awkward as fuck
Kill me.
>>
>>29723481
How did you get blind? My left eye is myopic and my right eye is astigmatic. The two lenses on my glasses are vastly different grades, and people point that out when they borrow it.

My glasses don't even work properly, but I'm scared of going back to the optometrist, because she might think I'm just being an asshole. She was really imprecise though. She asked, "can you read the letters?" NOT "are the letters blurry?" I don't know why.

>tfw eye sometimes go cross eyed when I don't focus enough on text, typing, and handwriting.
>>
>>29720312
I hate pregnant women, new mothers and kids. And I mean really deep hatered. Whenever I see a pregnant woman my hearth rate increases and I get super angry.
>>
>>29722663
Not many that are too bad
>playing with hair
>the classic you have to be balanced
this one is probably one of the earliest signs I remember (the other was an invasive thought out my dick and balls turning to shit) but I was 6/7 at the time and we were warming up for PE. One of the exercises the teacher had us jump on one foot x many times. What irritated me is that only jumping on the one foot was weird and unbalanced. Long story short I found the opportunity the jump on the other foot to feel better.
>>
My personality changes around other people. People think I'm a nerd, a white nigger, a decent guy, a homophobic racist, a kind Christian, a kind atheist, a logician, an emotionally volatile ass, and maybe just a existentially nihilistic anxiously depressed talking anxiolytic.
>>
>>29723773
I can partially feel this anger too if I really focus on the notion. Not certain why.
Especially if the woman is really short.
>>
12 years ago I was in a car accident and given a blood transfusion. It was an alien's blood and now I don't age anymore.
>>
>>29723942
>My personality changes around other people.
Everyone's does
>>
>>29720312
I dont think thalassophobia is especially rare or unique but i have it, I have avpd too so that sucks but yeah
>>
File: A7sTWcW.jpg (18 KB, 480x459) Image search: [Google]
A7sTWcW.jpg
18 KB, 480x459
>>29720411
this is me out of 10 originalmento
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.