[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw I realised you only need $450000 of capital to earn 1.5k
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: farmerpsy.png (255 KB, 554x520) Image search: [Google]
farmerpsy.png
255 KB, 554x520
>mfw I realised you only need $450000 of capital to earn 1.5k a month after taxes

Almost 1/2 of the way anons. 24 y/o now plan to retire at 30. Any other anons doing early retirements? tips and tricks please
>>
If you have somehow come to possess that amount of money at 24, plan to keep working until you're 45 at least. Every dollar you have is one that shekelberg doesn't.
>>
>>29720160
Nice try shekelberg
>>
>>29720131
If you don't know about Mr. Money Mustache, check his blog. And maybe the personal finance subreddit (not even kidding).
If you didn't know MMM, how did you learn about this?

All the advice boils down to reducing expenses and acclimating yourself to a lower spending lifestyle without decreasing your happiness. Check "hedonic treadmill".

You're doing God's work, anon.
>>
>>29720131
>450000 in capital
>1500 a month
1500 is like just above minimum wage, dude.
>>
>>29720404
I read about him a long time ago. I'll start reading his blog again i think.

I learned about it thorugh a tiny house blog (expenses and so on). I just reinvest most of my income and live on a tiny budget.

>You're doing God's work, anon.

Thanks man

>>29720453
1500 a month is without touching the capital. I can easily live for 1.5k a month when i have so much free time
>>
>>29720453
He's gonna die alone in a studio apartment with half a mil in the bank. Everyone laugh at op.
>>
>>29720527
You conveniently forgot the part where he has all the time for himself instead of being a wageslave or a parasite dependent on family/nannystate.
>>
>>29720131
19 years old got 30k saved up. Gonna move out of NYC before i retire tho.
>>
I'm right there with you, op. In America $1.5k I enough to live like a king on, especially if you have a nice cottage innawoods or a comfy apartment in midtown. I'm still torn between the two but either way in need 500k.

Im sick of working for the man though. Currently I'm saving to get into the cleaning business. It's a $4b industry with stupidly low entrance cost. I figure I can be there in 5 years easily. I guess I could sell the business or continue running it from behind the scenes acting mostly as a manager or data analyst/chief marketing officer. Work isn't so bad if it's just one 4 hour day a week.

I found eating only whole foods saves a ton of money and tastes better than the expensive processed shit anyway. Food was a huge expense. I now eat on about $150/mo. I know it's exorbitant but I like my steaks and booze too much. I quit the gym I go to for home gym. I got an oly bench, squat stand, and dip station with bar and lmao4pl8 of weight for under $500. Shit pays for itself in under 3 years, and no more commute either.
>>
>>29720404
>Mr. Money Mustache
This site is too reddit
>>
>tfw my cost of living is under 1k a month
>tfw my hobbies are expensive as shit and cost twice that

Dont get into cars guys
>>
>>29720131
Have you taken inflation into consideration?
>>
How the fuck does anyone without massive advantage like inheritance save that much?
I'm on min wage and it's took me two years to save 1k
>>
>>29721131
Yes 4% inflation a year
>>29721104
>Dont get into cars guys

I'm never gonna buy one since its so expensive

>>29720698
Nice anon. Already have a bar and a cage + some plates. Really all i need right now and true, it saves a lot of money in the long run
>>
>>29721182
>cant save more than $1.4 a day

WageKEKKKEKEKKEK
>>
>>29720131
Whats your money making bussiness?
>>
>>29720131

That's fucking shitty. I make a living wage on$65k
>>
>>29720131
How do you have that much money OP? Mommy and Daddy's money?
>>
>>29720131
That adds up to 4% real return per year. A bit optimistic. You do have to know what you are doing at least. And 1.5k per month is living like a poorfag.
>>
>>29721391
>And 1.5k per month is living like a poorfag
This is why if you live in 1st world country you cant be robot. I work for 350 bucks per month.
>>
>>29721414
Eastern Europe right?
>>
>>29721241
>>29721360
wagekekking and investments

>>29721280
Then work for the rest of your life its your own choice
>>29721391
>4%
>optimistic

SP500 index is like 8% average cuck. 1.5k is all i need when I dont have to work. Might work a little more and buy a rural house for almost nothing.
>>
>>29721498
No fucking shit.
>all these robots weeping over +20k/year salary
>>
>>29721541
Are you legit retarded?

Salary is literally relative. 20k dollars in San Francisco or Inner London is poverty.

Use your brain
>>
>>29721523
>Then work for the rest of your life its your own choice

I don't think you understood what o was try to say
>>
>>29721585
Okay care to explain then?
>>
>>29721523
It's funny how often you hear clueless people say this. Muh S&P 8% average. It doesn't work that way. In the long run, you should not expect much more than a T-bills return rate.

You're a typical example of someone who read something on the internet about the stock market and now he's an investment genius. I actually work in finance, and I laugh at people like you.
>>
>>29721681

I make a living wage off that $65k, unlike the shitty return onyour $450000
>>
>>29721724
>average is 8%
>you cant expect 4% a year

>you should not expect much more than a T-bills return rate.
>what is a risk premium

hahahahahah. I have a masters in economics its not like i read this shit off the internet u cuck
>>
>>29721783
Nice i earn 61k euros a year but im not gonna wagekek it for the rest of my life
>>
>>29720404
>All the advice boils down to reducing expenses and acclimating yourself to a lower spending lifestyle without decreasing your happiness. Check "hedonic treadmill".
Why not just go live in a cave?
>>
>>29720565
>>You conveniently forgot the part where he has all the time for himself i
And no money to spend it on all that time. Or do you think living is free nowadays?

A dude who works for 8 hours spends nothing for that 8 hours, and a dude who doesn't work for 8 hours has to pay for various distractions and activities.
>>
>>29721818
How much do you save up though? After rent , expenses, bills, etc
>>
>>29721794
>masters in economics
>doesn't know what real return means
>>
>>29721049
>This site is too reddit
Stop shilling reddit.

>>29721958
Because it's 2016 and renting an apartment with internet and videogames isn't that expensive.

>>29721992
>A dude who works for 8 hours spends nothing for that 8 hours, and a dude who doesn't work for 8 hours has to pay for various distractions and activities.
This is the most retarded thing I've ever read. I spent last weekend at a friend's house watching anime and at home playing videogames. Videogames I got dirt cheap because bundles and selling steam cards is a thing.

If you're an ignorant, acknowledge that and shut the fuck up.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.