[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kickboxing/mma for robots general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3
Hey anons, I don't usually make threads asking things, but I wanted some advice. I am starting muay thai soon, I don't have anything else going for me, I want to get good, it's important to me. I grew up with a lot of being picked on and stuff, but I'm not completely inept, I was good at some sports like dodgeball, and I am not physically weak. I used to be pretty skittish, but I reached that peak point where it's scarier to take shit from people and not learn to be confident. I want to work through my problem where I feel anxious around other guys and like I can't face the world. Other than that my life should/would be good, it's kind the problem that is controlling ,y life. So muay thai and learning to fight is my solution.

I found a gym with a great average rating from a lot of people near me, it looks like a good place, the amount of people who leave a satisfied review is pretty good. They must be addressing it anytime someone has a problem, or they are accommodating enough that it never happens. I can get gear at home to bring my training home on off days too. Any other anons have experience? I would like to hear it if they do. Also do you think I could get good? I am a little clumsy but I was taught some basics by a former olympic "friend" (they really screwed me over later). I seem to be coordinated with it compared to how I am with other things. Is it possible that I can get good? I really want that, I'm not afraid of intensive workout (I do that to myself here and there at home with no prompt), I dont care if I catch a few nasty shots sparring (though I would like to keep concussive impact to a minimum without compromising how much I train and progress). I want to be good. I don't plan on chasing any girls, and I want to work to support myself getting good.
>>
File: 1467539674808.jpg (54 KB, 546x896) Image search: [Google]
1467539674808.jpg
54 KB, 546x896
>>29716940
bump, I really want to get some advice on this one.
>>
>>29716940
learning to fight can help with your confidence issues. cant tell you it will solve them all, but it can help.

just dont become one of those ufc douchebag types. and dont get over cocky about yourself either. no matter how much you train you can still get your ass handed to you.
>>
>>29716940
>tfw /asp/ is such a shithole now this question would be dumped straight to page 10

A martial art will make you feel better about yourself and make you able to fight, the number one way to beat Chad
>>
>>29717449
I don't want to be like that. I just want to be confident and at peace and zen. I'm not that type of person, I tend to be under-confident proportional to abilities, I wouldn't take a class a little while then try to be a dickhead.
>>29717595
If I can't be him, knowing I could show him up if I needed to would be nice.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.