[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else has realized we are the last generation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 11
File: welp, that's it.jpg (7 KB, 250x248) Image search: [Google]
welp, that's it.jpg
7 KB, 250x248
I'm not talking about the decline of western civilization here. Within 20 years TOPS we will all be dead. Humankind is OVER. Mammals, birds, sea creatures, insects. We'll be lucky if waterbears survive the next few decades, let alone the coming millions of years of aftermath. This shit's already happening.

I kinda wish knowing this would set me free to live my life as I please, stop worrying and enjoy my last days, but here I am. Anyway, so does anyone else here have a clue about this occuring? How do you process it? How can you justify continuing living when everything is going down the shitter?

Maybe the wrong people to ask, but I'm curious.
>>
>>29715635
alright i'll bite

what the fuck are you talking about
>>
I already have a 3 year old daughter so there is a new generation. Also I think your estimate is low. Sure environmental conditions will be shit but short of nuclear holocaust we have at least 80 years.
>>
>>29715635
I don't care. I've been disconnected from reality for so long that I wouldn't care if the end was today
>>
>>29715635
Why do you think we will all be dead? I'm kind of hoping that's it happens. I don't care about achievement or happiness or living a long time because the way society exists right now is unbearable and it's only going to become a more extreme version of what it already is during my lifetime. I barely live already so why should I care any more? I'd be happy to see it go for a lot of reasons.
>>
>>29715635
>>29715738

I can't wait to see all the normies suffer when they realize all of their achievements are for nothing. I want to watch as much of the end times as possible before I die.
>>
File: I give up.webm (922 KB, 1400x788) Image search: [Google]
I give up.webm
922 KB, 1400x788
>>29715686
I feel sorry for her. I feel sorry for my nephew and all the kids who won't get to live out their full lifespans, but will also have to grow up in a life-hostile environment.

The air polluted, the food polluted, the sea polluted, the earth polluted. Rampant genetic defects, cancer, immune failure, malnutrition, mental disorders. This is the reality they'll be facing, we'll be facing.

I plead with you, don't fall victim to exceptionalism. You're not special, neither am I, neither is your daughter. We're fucked.

>>29715654
>>29715738
>>29715800
There are too many reasons to list really.
>>
>>29715686
>80 years

i.e. enough time for you to live a full life. Is that an estimate or a hope?
>>
>>29715686
>bringing up a daughter in the west in this day and age

oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy
>>
>>29715919
I'm 26 and and alcoholic. I'm not going to live for 80 years. I've already celebrated my 1/3 life (at best) birthday. My field is biology and I had to study ecology. Yes we're fucked. We past the point of no return of 400ppm carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. The death of this planet is going to take longer than 20 years. I feel bad for the next generation but it was the previous generations that did this, we were just left with their shit to clean up. Republicans still deny man made climate change, their generation fucked us and they are trying to stop us from fixing it.
>>
>>29715635
>>29715800
Just kill yourself now please. The delusion is too much.
>>
>>29715894
If there are "so many" signs, then why cabt you post just a single one or two?
>>
>>29715894
>There are too many reasons to list really.
you're worse than some faggot vaguebooking about inane bullshit. go kys please.
>>
People have literally been thinking this for thousands of years.

If they're not expecting some biblical apocalypse, then they're expecting the world to be wiped out in war, environmental disaster or nuclear armageddon.

It's human nature to assume the world will end in your lifetime, because assuming it's just keep plodding along once you're gone is probably even scarier.
>>
>>29715635
what will end it all then

you'd have to boil away the oceans and thoroughly nuke everything to erase multicellular life
>>
Hey op just a question are we looking at a fallout related ending or just that faggy oceans are gonna flood the world shit
>>
>>29716019
>>29716040
I can, but it doesn't matter. I'm not here to convince anyone. Any of the signs I point to will be ridiculed and minimized. I don't expect most people to let go of their denial when it comes to this topic.

I'll just say that reading about Fukushima was my redpill moment. I've been supressing the truth about Fukushima ever since I learned about it some years ago. My life went to shit because of my denial. Since then I've been lying to myself. I distracted myself with the Western Civilization vs Islam debate and other hot topics because it's an easier pill to swallow than the truth about nuclear waste. Or the mass extinction of animal species going on. I could go on, there are many points of failure, global points of failure.
>>
>>29716241
>fukushima
Wow, the reddit Rebecca Black disaster opened your eyes to the world. Please grace us with your bottomless knowledge of the state of the word.
>>
File: try this.gif (2 MB, 500x437) Image search: [Google]
try this.gif
2 MB, 500x437
>>29716055
The fact that we're in the end times gives me zero solace, or feeling of significance. Why should it? I'm not in power to make a difference. My life will end with a whimper, not a bang.

>>29716334
I'm here to ask how to keep living with the knowledge that we're all fucked.

I don't give a shit if you share my beliefs about Fukushima, and you don't know my beliefs since I never went into detail. Pretentious prick.
>>
File: 1441108067523.jpg (7 KB, 208x250) Image search: [Google]
1441108067523.jpg
7 KB, 208x250
>>29715635
There will come soft rains and the smell of the ground,
And swallows circling with their shimmering sound;
And frogs in the pools, singing at night,
And wild plum trees in tremulous white,
Robins will wear their feathery fire,
Whistling their whims on a low fence-wire;
And not one will know of the war, not one
Will care at last when it is done.
Not one would mind, neither bird nor tree,
If mankind perished utterly;
And Spring herself, when she woke at dawn,
Would scarcely know that we were gone.
>>
>>29715635
>>29716509
>we are the last generation
>my beliefs about fukushima
Yeah I know "california is literally a wasteland, what is scale, I dont know how radiation works but I know its scary"

Seek help schizophrenic retard
>>
OP is right.
Methane is 159 times worse than Co2 for global warming. Currently There's a deposit with 1000 times more methane than currently in the atmosphere under siberian permafrost. The problem is that part of this permafrost is melting. This means that in 100 years we are thoroughly fucked and you can't do anything about it. Everyone will migrate north.
>>
File: fBei6IT.png (662 KB, 900x374) Image search: [Google]
fBei6IT.png
662 KB, 900x374
in this cycle, yes.
>>
File: flatmap.jpg (66 KB, 622x421) Image search: [Google]
flatmap.jpg
66 KB, 622x421
>>29715894
We don't live on a "planet"
we are fucking fine dude.
Just gotta focus on having exclusive white countries and we're golden
>>
>>29715686
good luck with that man, I hope you guys live a happy full life
>>
File: 1374958739461.png (1 MB, 887x743) Image search: [Google]
1374958739461.png
1 MB, 887x743
>OP getting btfo in his own thread
>>
>ITT people who are blissfully ignorant

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clathrate_gun_hypothesis
>>
>>29716811
>>29717720
With the accelerating increase in progress in science and technology, humans will figure it out by the time it's an issue.
>>
>>29717765

that's pretty optimistic tbqh family

gotta remember, it gets harder the further we progress. maybe our ape brains wont be able to keep up with all the damage were doing.
>>
>>29716852
>Just gotta focus on having exclusive white countries and we're golden

*tips fedora*

wont happen, chief. you lost your chance because of hitler. enjoy your brown mixed race earth :^)
>>
>>29716241
>Fukushima
Don't be retarded.
>>
File: frodo.jpg (82 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
frodo.jpg
82 KB, 400x399
>>29717674
Believe what you want. Mock me all you want. It doesn't change reality. Time will tell if I'm right, and I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Older generations pushed their problems onto the next generations, but millenials seem to sincerely think science can solve all our problems and bring about transhuman utopia. I kinda figured robots wouldn't buy into that delusion, I guess I overestimated your cynism.

>>29716334
>>29716763
>>29717674
>>29717820
Your shrill noises doesn't affect me, though. You wish you could pigeonhole me. You wish you could shut me down with a single line. Because you're in denial about the state of the world. I accept that. I even envy your ignorance, in a way.

But Fukushima is not even the tip of the iceberg that is the end of our world. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the world is unraveling. It was set in motion tens of thousands of years ago, we're just "lucky" enough to see the finale.
>>
what actually happens when all this shit happens,
will it atleast be a fast death?
>>
>>29717674
where else could an "OP" possibly get btfo?
>>
>>29718274
That all depends I guess. Many points of failure, some more excruciating than others.
>grid failure
>starvation
>natural disaster incl. ice age
>war and turmoil
>pollution

When the grid goes down, in any case, we're looking at nuclear disaster within a few months. We were lucky enough to avoid a solar storm a few years back, that would've knocked the electrical grid down and destroyed some power plants probably.

If you can, I'd suggest buying some means of suicide desu senpai. I don't have any though.
>>
>>29715635

we are the last civilized generation.

white people - the ones producing things like comet landings, Ferraris, internet and cellphones, Beethovens, nuclear powers, Michelangelos and so on, are steadily diminishing.

also, white girls go sluttywhoring for their entire fertile age (and possibly more). only niggers and muslims are birthing babies.

the Big One won't be the tsunami destroying the entire eastcoast, no.
the Big One will be the moment when there'll be a shortage of white engineers, and things like Tesla Apple NASA will fell in the hands of chinks and niggers.

the Brave New World will be a centrafrican-like country, and the only remain of our days will be the major banks. Jews will rule on a chinknigger wasted world.
>>
>>29715894

So many of those "issues" (in actuality good things that keep populations in check) have been around since we began and the others aren't even close to big enough to end life on earth in 20 years. You are so arrogant in thinking that we can destroy the planet this quickly unintentionally.
>>
>>29718501
You're arrogant in thinking we can't.
>>
>>29718501
And if you think pollution is a good way to keep populations in check I have no comment.
>>
File: 1466529376370.gif (1 MB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
1466529376370.gif
1 MB, 320x213
>>29715635
>Millennials seriously believe this
Jesus christ you cunts need the ego forcefully pulled out of your gaping asses.
>>
File: 1405209374756.gif (2 MB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1405209374756.gif
2 MB, 225x225
>>29717765
that's like saying overpopulation grows the economy
>>
File: shutin explosions.jpg (145 KB, 448x800) Image search: [Google]
shutin explosions.jpg
145 KB, 448x800
>>29715635
I really, really hope this happens, but sadly, it probably won't. We're just too stubborn, powerful and self-important to let go.
>>
>>29718670
Mate, I'm not even talking about literal generations here. I don't care about your age, you're dead within a few decades like the rest of us.
>>
>>29715635
nah it's ok, I have films, literature, shows, sports and vidya.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.