[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Autist here How do normal people convince themselves that love
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: 4FW3HO3.jpg (90 KB, 500x679) Image search: [Google]
4FW3HO3.jpg
90 KB, 500x679
Autist here

How do normal people convince themselves that love really exists?

"Love" does not constitute 100% of attraction to someone, so therefore there's an inevitable point you get to where how much you would love someone is outweighed by the cons. There's a point of ugliness you'd get to where the love of your life woudn't be in love with you.

Furthermore, there are 3 billion potential partners on planet Earth and if you think you've found "the one" you're plainly wrong. You brain doesn't have the ability to appreciate how unlikely that is.

If you've found a person occupying the 1% of the human populace that makes the most sense for you in a relationship then there are still 30,000,000 potential partners that would be better for you.

How long would it take for you to find one of these people? Do you actively go out of your way to not meet new people for fear that you might like them more? Because there is objectively someone out there that you'd be more in love with than your current partner, how does it feel knowing you'll never know them?

So yeah. How are people in relationships able to delude themselves?
>>
>>29714943
Love is a biochemical state in the brain that is similar to the effects of psychoactive drugs. The evolutionary benefit is incentive for staying with a mate and providing parental care as humans have one of the longest infancys out of all other animals.
>>
>pseudo-bro-science, pretentious, sour-grapes-suffering, high schooler talk

I cringed so hard, you should be more considerate not to infect others with second hand embarrassment.
>>
File: 82312.jpg (62 KB, 628x930) Image search: [Google]
82312.jpg
62 KB, 628x930
>>29714943
kind of looks like
>>
>>29715053
You don't have to tell everyone you made a face, Norman. Calm down.
>>
>>29714943

Surprise retard: love doesn't exist how it is portrayed in Hollywood. Most people don't find "the one" and settle for whatever they can get. Main reasons being companionship and the benefits mentioned here >>29715044
>>
>>29714943
>How do normal people convince themselves that love really exists?

Normal people don't even think about it.

You might as well ask how birds reassure themselves that they chose the right mate. There's no thought that goes into it; it's just instinct.
>>
File: 1467389074238.png (539 KB, 800x764) Image search: [Google]
1467389074238.png
539 KB, 800x764
>>29715123
Devils proof,love exists
>>
>>29715123
I don't understand why people still seek out love, when it's not like they thought it would be. Love in movies and other media seems like a good thing, but in reality it's tiresome and can be unpleasant. You'd think that as soon as people found that out, they'd stop loving and would go do other things. I know that's what I did.

Normies don't make any sense.
>>
>>29715053
>pseudo-bro-science, pretentious, sour-grapes-suffering, high schooler talk
Meaning basic critical thinking skills

Also there is nothing "bro-science" about what I said, I literally said I was autistic

The word pretentious doesn't mean "using big words", it means being more interested in looking smart than actually being smart but I wouldn't expect you to be able to appreciate that. Just because you're an idiot doesn't mean you aren't a pseudo-intellect.
>>
>>29715178

I dont know if its real or not, but it's certainly not the fairytale most of r9k deludes themselves with.
>>
>>29715053
In OP's defense, he did say he was an autist before stating anything else.
>>
>>29715217
>I don't understand why people still seek out love

Love is not some sort metaphysical magic that just ignites between people. Even posting on this thread, the way you feel at this moment, is not beyond human understanding. Our brains were tailored to respond predictably to certain stimuli. Just think of it as math; it happens because of a specific formula and feels pleasurable. Without it, we really wouldn't be human.
>>
>>29715304
I know that, but humans also do cost-benefit analysis. Once they realize love isn't as good as it looked in the movies, why do they keep pursuing it? Love has a lot of expenses, so it has to be very good to be worth doing.
>>
>>29715219

>being more interested in looking smart than actually being smart

Which is exactly how your post comes across to normal people.
>>
>>29715519
I assure you I really don't care

I'm not explicitly going out of my way to sound like an idiot. If you do you really need to grow up.
>>
File: a.gif (347 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
a.gif
347 KB, 500x373
>>29715519
>to normal people
>normal people
>normal
GET
OFF
MY
FUCKING
BOARD
YOU
FILTHY
NORMAL
FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>29715053
This response reeks of
>Your post made me mad and I have no good argument but I'll act smug to show that I disagree with you

Quit being such a bitch.
>>
>>29715809
Just a reminder that you are also normal.
>>
>>29715519
>normal people
>being a dull fuck makes me normal
kys
>>
>>29715989
This post brought to you by a current raid called "Project normalise. Please don't listen or reply to the shills.
Yeah, /robot/, we're all normal. xD
Just go outside and be yourself. xD
>>
File: 5eb.jpg (26 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
5eb.jpg
26 KB, 600x750
>>29716100
>project normalise
>i take 4chan this seriously
>i believe in strawman myths
>>
>>29714943
they convince themselves love exist the same way everyone is convinced being angry is real or feeling happy is real. normal people have felt love and so therefore believe in it.

only unlovable faggots get all edgy about "love isnt real"
>>
>>29717174
That's probably the best argument I have read.
>inb4 genuine edgy faggot, open for other arguments/opinions/perspectives
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.