[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
C-could I be Chad if I started w-working out?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9
File: Screenshot_20160703-225057.jpg (630 KB, 593x1760) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160703-225057.jpg
630 KB, 593x1760
C-could I be Chad if I started w-working out?
>>
>>29713170
It all depends on your facial aesthetics and height. Are you over 6 feet tall? Do you have at least a 7/10 face without working out? If yes to both congrats you will be Chad from working out. Otherwise you will end up looking like those baby face losers with muscles.
>>
idk let's see the dick
>>
>>29713170
you have a qt smile op so ya, you got a shot
>>
>>29713170

No, your frame is shit.

your hips are as wide as your shoulders.

Youd need a really good face, but then I'd assume that is far from the case judging by op post.
>>
>>29713170

Well, I don't know about chad, but you'd definitely look better.
>>
>>29713280
Are you blind? He's skinny, but his hips aren't as wide as his shoulders at all, they're distinctly narrower than them.
>>
You could be a twink.

Start doing really light weight lifting and spin classes.
>>
>>29713170
No you wont, too small a body frame. But you can still be qt twink.
>>
>>29713978

His hips are wider than his chest and halfway into his shoulders.

That's some kleinfelters level shit right there.
>>
>>29713170
Become a sissy instead
>>
>>29713211
>idk let's see the dick
Dubs knows best.
>>
>>29714343
Dude you are blind his hip-line is parallel to his legs and torso. You have been fapping to too many traps.
>>
>>29713170
you aren't going to be a super pussy slayer but you will be considered attractive because you are tall(most likely)
>>
>>29713170
Just stop eating for a few months and you could be a nice skeleman, think of how many chads you could spook.
>>
>>29714359
Too tall to become a sissy :/
>>
>>29713170
you're underage and already on r9k.
all hope is lost
>>
>>29713211

Dubs speaks
>>
>>29714418
let's see how feminine your penis is
>>
>>29714418
you can be a tall sissy!
>>
The dick!

S H OW U S
H
O
W

U
S
>>
OP is not qt lil twink confirmed. Or hes asleep.
>>
>>29714929

COMING SOON
O
M
I
N
G

S
O
O
N
>>
>>29713170
No. Unless you were a class clown or were in a popular group at school you'll always be a loser from your personality.
>>
>>29713170
>tfw body like op's
>tfw don't want to be twink
>>
File: Screenshot_20160704-101820.jpg (354 KB, 1124x544) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160704-101820.jpg
354 KB, 1124x544
>>29713211
Your wish is my command!

Originallo
>>
>>29715600
now post that cheeky bp
>>
>>29715600
That better be yours, tbdesu.
>>
File: 1431004536163.gif (1 MB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1431004536163.gif
1 MB, 499x499
> tfw have a really good looking face
> if I just post my face on dating websites I get alot of messages
> then they see i'm 5'7"
> and then they find out i'm over 25 and don't have any education or a job
> and finally that i'm a hungry skeleton
>>
File: 1457759134645.jpg (19 KB, 189x263) Image search: [Google]
1457759134645.jpg
19 KB, 189x263
>>29717296
So they fall in love with you?
>>
>>29717200
Going by the pictures, it's the same kitchen.
>>
>>29717325
They want to meet me when they see my face. But then they ask questions like "how tall are you". This is one of the first questions girls fucking ask.
"How tall are you", "what job do you have", "do you have a car", "do you have your own house" etc.
>>
>>29717565
As soon as they start asking questions like that, ask them if they're good in bed. For every question you get, you should get one answer in return. Remember that in every facet of your life.

Don't let anyone ever run an inquisition on you....
>>
>>29717565
Dumb roasties. What >>29717590 said makes a lot of sense, too.
>>
>>29717590
When they ask those questions I just don't bother, because I realise she's a typical "new age" girl who only cares about the biggest dick, the biggest house, the best car and the most money. There are usually no questions about personality or interests. Everything is mainly about my financial and social status.

Even then, I only have my face. Everything else about me is most likely shit. It just used to be interesting to see how alot of girls hold a conversation. And it's always like this. I can get girls to talk about somewhat dirty things, but to go deeper, they want my body shots. And usually after they get those they either delete me or stop responding, because they create this delusion that I'm something I never said I am. It's pathetic, then again, what the fuck did I expect going on dating websites.
>>
>>29713170
Your body shows no signs of any significant potential. You'll look and feel better if you start working out. That should be as much incentive as you need.

Disregard the Chad expectations, a autist with muscles is still an autist if he hasn't worked on his personality issues which can lead many that work hard on their bodies yet do nothing else to improve themselves end up despondent as the underlying issues in their life still persist. Look at /fit/ for proof of this.
>>
>>29714343
I used to believe the klinefelter's meme, but then I realized that shit's like when you have tiny balls, a deformed dick, high voice, no male body hair, etc etc

some men just have more feminine hips, its not necessarily KF
>>
you retards realize you can broaden your shoulders by doing pullups right

get to work op
>>
> tfw want to work out
> realise i'll never grow more and will forever be a manlet

I have nobody but myself to blame. My family has great genetics, but I decided to be a useless piece of shit and not focus on improving my body during my teen years or eat properly. What's the point of working out, if i'm not even 5'7"? My health is fine because I walk alot every single day, but why bother gaining weight or muscle?
>>
>>29717723
By how much?
>>
>>29715600
this is a very AESHTETIC penis anon, good on you. also working out helps in terms of getting people to be attracted to you but if you look like a 12 year old or are like a 2/10 it will still be really hard...
>>
>>29717758
You can grow up to 4" in your adulthood if you do certain exercises on a daily basis.
>>
>>29717764
heaps,

eat lots of meat and fish
>>
>>29717803
> you can grow up to 4"
I want to believe you, but I also thin kthat's bullshit. Don't your growth plates lock up between 20-23? I can understand you "growing" a very small amount by getting a healthy posture, but I just can't imagine you actually being able to grow during your adulthood by that much.
>>
>>29714343
They really aren't, they're pretty much parallel. And at his level of skinny, pretty much everyone's hips look that way, a v taper develops when you get a bigger upper body and muscle around your lats, chest and shoulders.
>>
>>29717764
A lot, especially if you roid eventually, shoulders grow heaps on roids. You need to do more than pullups though, follow a beginner routine like SS or SL, and don't get disheartened when you still look shit a year from now, people don't put on more than like 15lbs of muscle a year generally, no matter how hard you train.
>>
>>29713170
It depends how much of that is genetic, and how much is lifestyle. How active/inactive are you, and what do you eat op?
>>
>>29718903
>genetic

The only genetic thing is his bone structure, how big he is has nothing to do with genetics.
>>
File: 1464823078286.jpg (274 KB, 756x570) Image search: [Google]
1464823078286.jpg
274 KB, 756x570
>>29718936
It totally does though. Don't you know people who hit the gym and have trouble making gains, and people who do nothing all day and are built? I knew someone who ate processed food irregularly while doing drugs all day, laziest guy ever, six pack and well built body naturally.
>>
>>29713170
post your face with a black strip over the eyes like those jav girls
>>
>>29715600
Wtf mine is bigger. In the OP it looked like it was ginormous
>>
File: Screenshot_20160704-152000.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160704-152000.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
>>29719007
My face is not that bad, fortunately...
>>
>>29718945
Your anecdote about how you know someone who totally never worked out and ate shit and does drugs but looked great means nothing, every lardass has their anecdote about their friend who eats more than them and is still skinny, so they're fat because of genetics.

Your size is directly related to your calorie intake. You cannot get energy from nowhere, so if you eat nothing but are really physically active, you'll look super skinny but with some minimal muscle. If you eat heaps and are active you'll be strong but still just fat. It's physically not possible to eat next to nothing but be big.

Your genetics have nothing to do with how muscular you are, it's all about how much you eat and how much physical activity you get.

Stop avatarfagging too, cancer.
>>
>>29719305
You could easily pass as a Chad.

You would, if you got /fit/. But since you are here, I really doubt if you could ever do it. It's insanely hard and will take a few years.
>>
>>29719390
I just accompany my posts with random shit actually, even if others are doing it too and it dosen't help with ID. I collect pictures a lot and like to share some of my nice ones. Anyway, that is certainly not true. i am not saying that everyone can't get strong, because they can. There is absolutely a genetic component though. Young mike tyson at 14 years old when he started at a boys school could bench 225 pounds, despite coming from poverty (i'm sure his diet wasn't great) and not being into working out. Meanwhile you could easily find someone who had a very similar backround who benched 80 pounds and that was all they could do their first time. Yes these are anecdotes, but it is isn't simply not true that there isn't a huge different beyond just build. Anyone could get built i'm sure. I am just saying though, if op has a protein rich diet and already tries to get some pushups in or something here or there, and looks like that, being big may not be a realistic goal.
>>
>>29713170
perfect thinspo body

don't workout, come to /fa/ instead
>>
>>29718903
I don't do any sports at all and I probably don't eat as much as I should, since I'm hungry 24/7.
I eat nothing in the morning due to lack of time, 2 sandwiches for lunch and mostly meat for dinner.
>>
>>29719460
Random pics of anime girls is just as bad as avatarfagging mate, it's trying to draw attention that you're a specific poster, and has no reason to happen.

>There is absolutely a genetic component though. Young mike tyson at 14 years old when he started at a boys school could bench 225 pounds, despite coming from poverty (i'm sure his diet wasn't great) and not being into working out.

You got any actual proof of this? Because I find it hard that someone who's not even known for being strong, apparently lifted more than most grown men can while at most being a year or two into puberty. Sounds like a shitty urban legend to me.

> Yes these are anecdotes, but it is isn't simply not true that there isn't a huge different beyond just build. Anyone could get built i'm sure. I am just saying though, if op has a protein rich diet and already tries to get some pushups in or something here or there, and looks like that, being big may not be a realistic goal.

You're fucking wrong though. There is a massive difference, and no genetic reason why people should have some limit to how big they get, or reason why they're super strong or ripped with no reason. Test levels don't impact this within the normal range, before you chuck out that shitty meme.

As I said. If you don't eat much, you're skinny. If you work out or are physically active while you do this, you'll be skinny with some noticeable muscle. If you eat a lot, you're fat. If you work out or are physically active while you do this, you'll be strong, but still fat.

This is simply physics. Energy cannot come from nowhere, your body doesn't just create mass randomly. If your mates actually does, he should contact NASA, because he's the secret to fucking perpetual motion, and I'm sure they'd be interested in that.

You shouldn't post about things you don't even have a basic knowledge of.
>>
>>29719662
Note, obviously there is a natty limit, but for a 6' guy, that's somewhere around 220lbs at 15% bodyfat from what I remember, without particularly large joints. Short of OP needing TRT or having other medical issues that can impact muscle growth, his limit will be around there, which is pretty fucking big. That's assuming OP's 6', but it scales with height obviously.
>>
File: 1463347217689.png (177 KB, 367x321) Image search: [Google]
1463347217689.png
177 KB, 367x321
>>29713170
Is that fucking cum on your nipples?
>>
>>29719662
Not known for being strong? Tyson knocked out his opponent in the junior olympics in like 20 seconds, and was known for his brutal flash ko's and was a heavyweight at 5' 10". Normally they say that knockout power is for older boxers, something associated with strength coming through towards the very end of puberty. The claim on the benchpress was made by his first trainers, I am unsure about it. However what is fact is that paul rooney, his trainer, did not train him with weights, the only weights he used were low weight high rep kettle bell shrugs. Yet he was 225 pounds or so and low bodyfat. He wasn't known as a steroid user either, and he never had that crash that they tend to have. There are people who bust there ass for years with a body building regiment, and people like that can do it mainly from bodyweight and boxing exercises. Obviously something is going on there.
>>
>>29718850
Don't roid. It can have very negative effects on your body. These dumbies want to ruin you.
>>
>>29719895
>Not known for being strong? Tyson knocked out his opponent in the junior olympics in like 20 seconds, and was known for his brutal flash ko's and was a heavyweight at 5' 10". Normally they say that knockout power is for older boxers, something associated with strength coming through towards the very end of puberty.

He wasn't known for being strong mate, he was known for being a fighter. Compared to strength athletes, he was weak as fuck.

>The claim on the benchpress was made by his first trainers, I am unsure about it.

So it is just bullshit urban legend stuff, you're trusting an ad campaign basically.

>However what is fact is that paul rooney, his trainer, did not train him with weights, the only weights he used were low weight high rep kettle bell shrugs. Yet he was 225 pounds or so and low bodyfat

All boxers do some weight training pal, that's how they move up weight classes. You get stronger, you hit harder, and move up to a class with people who hit similarly hard.

>He wasn't known as a steroid user either, and he never had that crash that they tend to have

He was a professional athlete. Someone who's entire career rides on their physical form, ability to be strong and to train regularly. He was roiding.

And roid users don't get a "crash" as such, it's not hard to cycle even as an amateur, let alone with access to the resources a professional athlete does.

>There are people who bust there ass for years with a body building regiment, and people like that can do it mainly from bodyweight and boxing exercises. Obviously something is going on there.

I'll repeat myself. All boxers weight train. And also, do you really think he was just barely training, or for a short period of time? People who do bodybuilding routines (actual decent ones) for as long as he trained (at least a decade if we're talking at his prime), will look fucking huge, much, much bigger than he ever was.
>>
>>29719943
Roids are only dangerous if you do them stupidly. Have the proper tests done before you start them, make sure to be safe with how much you take, as in don't start with fucking Tren, start with low dose Test E, keep proper PCT on hand and know what effects to look out for, and stop if you even think you're getting any. You'll be fine.

Though obviously it's something to do late game, no beginner that has a trash diet and workout routine, or struggles with keeping them in place should be even touching roids, because they will do some damage to themselves.
>>
>>29719969
False, not all trainers use weights. Paul rooney was apposed to it, He did not use weights besides the kettle bell. A lot of the oldschool trainers were adamantly against it, felt it made fighters stiff and slow, calisthenics got him that size. A lot of boxers to this day have nothing to do with weights. Now if you get into mma, that is a different story, the ground game is very important and lifting weights does translate to grappling and resisting submissions.
>>
>>29719969
Also here are some authorities speaking on the matter. They do not speak for everyone, but these are the top results just when you yahoo search "should I lift weights as a boxer". The first article says they should not, the second article says they should. There isn't a universal opinion for that.
http://www.expertboxing.com/boxing-training/boxing-workouts/why-lifting-weights-wont-increase-punching-power
>>
>>29720037
>False, not all trainers use weights. Paul rooney was apposed to it, He did not use weights besides the kettle bell. A lot of the oldschool trainers were adamantly against it, felt it made fighters stiff and slow, calisthenics got him that size

Mate, like it or not, there is absolutely no way that low weight high reps shit got him that big, let alone fucking calisthenics. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Also, I'd like to point out how stupid it is that you claim his trainers said he benched 225 first time they saw him, but then said that they never did weightlifting.

>A lot of boxers to this day have nothing to do with weights.

You're delusional. Weight training gets you stronger. Strength plus technique equals you hitting harder than someone with just technique. Hitting harder is better for obvious reasons. There is no reason at all for someone to not lift weights in a contact sport.
>>
>>29713170
It has little to do with with working out.

As long as you're 5 feet 10 or above and have no facial deformities, you can be Chad with the right mindset.

But that is much easier said than done
>>
>>29720089
Those were his original trainers, then he started training under paul rooney, a much more prestigious coach who did not use weights. The coach who took him to his first championship,.The amatuer trainers had him using weights, the expert trainer did not.
>>
>>29720085
Okay, lets look at that point by an "Authority" (he's literally just some dude in a boxing gym with no knowledge on the matter).

>reason 1

He's completely ignoring that lifting weights increases the velocity at which you can move your limbs at all. That snapping motion will hit harder if there's more power behind it. Having stronger muscles will result in that.

>reason 2

Now he's implying that you can't be relaxed and strong at the same time. But to address the rest of the point, he's going that technique is more important. He's not actually explained why having both technique and strength isn't better.

>reason 3

This is just flat out false. Short of being exaggerated like a Mr Olympia contestant, lifting doesn't stop you moving certain ways. His argument for why it does is that he lost to more experienced fighters while he was a beginner. Enough said.

>reason 4

He's saying here that your bodyweight is important. Which true, it is. But there is only advantages to having that weight be in muscle instead of fat. He also says in the point that muscles are important, contradicting himself.

>reason 5

And now he's going "Being strong alone isn't enough to be a pro fighter, you need technique too", while ignoring that you can in fact have both.

Great source mate.

Apologies for having to use shitty titles for each point, 4chan said they had non-ASCII text apparently.
>>
>>29720154
Is there a reason you're ignoring most of my posts? I'll repeat myself again. There is absolutely no way that calisthenics or low weight high reps got him that big.

The human body does not work that way, if it did, bodybuilders wouldn't still be lifting fucking heavy. To get bigger, you have to lift heavier, so your body has a reason to build more muscle. If it's just doing cardio or endurance exercises, it has no reason to build mass, and it won't.

You're wrong mate, every point you've brought up has been provably incorrect. Lets not forget your original evidence was a friend that apparently defied the laws of thermodynamics.

You should at least read the sticky over at /fit/ before you start rambling on about how this stuff works, get at least a beginners level of knowledge.
>>
>>29720227
I disagree with you on the muscle amount mattering more than the weight. The only two factors are speed and mass, the mass behind the punch, and how fast you can propel it. The argument is that when you lift too much and get stiff, it can affect velocity, vs someone who lets say weighed the same and had a little more body fat, but did not have the same level of stiffness. The hardest hitters recorded are not the 250 pound mutant massive weight lifters who train, like brock lesnar, and there is a reason for that. If it were all muscle and training, well he trains enough that he is hitting about as hard as he is physiologically capable of, and he is the biggest.
>>
>>29720275
Have you not seen prisoners? In many prisons weights are banned, and very fucking few of them can afford to be on steroids, maybe the boss of the aryan brotherhood or something, but not 99.9% of convincts. Yet you regularly see ripped 200+lb guys. Now I am not saying that they do not use progressive resistance, like having someone put weight on their back while you do pushups, or anything like that, but a lot of the times that is all they are doing. I have heard bodybuilders who started in prison talk about that on many occasions, of course they didn't reach 230-240 lbs 8% or something ridiculous like that, but they got damned big.
>>
>>29720296
>I disagree with you on the muscle amount mattering more than the weight.

I didn't even ever say this. I said that if you're 225lbs of muscle, you're going to be a better fighter than someone of equal skill who's 225lbs of fat.

> The argument is that when you lift too much and get stiff, it can affect velocity, vs someone who lets say weighed the same and had a little more body fat, but did not have the same level of stiffness

This is flat out false. Lifting doesn't make you stiff and unable to move. Also, Mike Tyson weighed 215lbs, and there's literally video footage of him working out in a gym, lifting weights.

Apologies for the fucking obnoxious captions, best I could do on short notice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEJ1IsO-ExA

>>29720330
>In many prisons weights are banned

Very, very few prisons ban weights, they nearly all have a weights room. And prisoners eat a diet that's nutritionally decent

>very fucking few of them can afford to be on steroids

Steroids are much cheaper than recreational drugs, and prisons have huge issues with drug usage. There's no reason a convict couldn't be on roids.

>Yet you regularly see ripped 200+lb guys

You sometimes see ripped dudes, but you're ignoring that most probably come in like this anyway, what they do in prison is just maintenance, which considering they eat enough and can work out regularly, is easily done.

>I have heard bodybuilders who started in prison talk about that on many occasions, of course they didn't reach 230-240 lbs 8% or something ridiculous like that, but they got damned big.

Only BB I can think of who apparently started in prison was Kali Muscle, and he didn't look huge once he got out.

The whole "Ripped prisoners" thing is a myth anyway, they don't look any better than the average population, and no-one goes into prison and comes out looking like some sort of IFBB pro, or even having the physique of a fitness model.
>>
>>29720462
Yeah I was speaking of kali muscle, though I don't follow bodybuilding. Also on this mike tyson thing I am not budging, yes that is him, post rooney, using weights as a heavy weight. There was also the long stretch of time where he was training with paul rooney, not using weights as a heavyweight.
Here is the routine from it with source, there are other articles on that too.His daily routine consisted of 2000 squats, 500 triceps extensions, 500 pushups, 500 shrugs with 30 kilos and 15 minutes of neck exercises. But this was only part of his strength training. He also performed about 2 hours of daily aerobic exercise and between 10 and 20 rounds of sparring and training in the ring. Oh and he mostly ate pasta and steak.
http://www.fightcamptravel.com/en/mike-tyson-diet-and-training-the-workout-and-nutrition-of-ironman/
>>
>>29719305
You're really cute wth
>>
>>29713170
If you feel the need to ask, you dont have the confidence to be a Chad
>>
>>29720522
>Yeah I was speaking of kali muscle, though I don't follow bodybuilding

Yeah, I meant to add in my post that most of how bodybuilders make money is selling a personality, a larger than life character to go with their physique, in ad campaigns and the like. His whole prisoner routine is just him doing that.

And as to the source, the article even says that he trained with weightlifting.

And you don't need a varied diet to get big, enough calories and protein is what you mostly need for muscle mass. Then you factor in that he got smaller while you claim he didn't use weights as heavily, and bigger again post prison, it's clear that it's weightlifting that made him big, not his genetics. He's also stated that he did shrugs at the very least throughout his whole career, and his shoulders and arms are way too big at any point to not be being supplemented with weights.

I never claimed that he was always doing BB training, simply that his mass did come from weights, and you could absolutely argue that his history with strength training is a major part of what allowed him to be as great as he was.
I tried to post a quote to support what I said, but got that fucking non-ascii text shit again.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.