[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOW DO I REGAIN MY BRAIN?!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 3
File: 1464597197347.webm (754 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1464597197347.webm
754 KB, 360x360
Hello /robot9001/ I am going to ask this shit here because I feel a lot of us may have a similar situation, anyway.
>As a young kid was very quick learner and very curious
>Right through to about year 8 or so I would do no homework or study and still be top of the class
>Some fucked shit happens in my life and I lose sight of all education related shit
>Knowledge retention and my perceptive ability drops faster than the twin towers
>Have gotten past all that shit after many years but now I can't hold thoughts well etc
So what the fuck do I do? I feel like its not so much I have became stupider but rather I have lost the ability to organize the information in my head correctly (everything is all over the place) how do I fix up my cognitive functions so I can start gaining knowledge again and learn some more things? Any robots here dealt with overcoming this sort of mental disarray?
>>
Try Modafinil. It's like Adderall but not as bad for you.
>>
>>29712924
Sounds like you were just always a dumbass and you never really came around to realizing it until later in life, happens to most.
>>
>>29712924
Bump for interest. I hope some anon can provide a non-medication solution
>>
>>29712924

Read. Play puzzle games.
>>
>>29712924
>Some fucked shit happens in my life and I lose sight of all education related shit
Explain.
>>
>>29712959
no fuck off with that shit

>>29712924
im like this, had a car accident at 20 and im not sure whether to attribute my inhibited cognitive abilities to that or the onset of schizophrenia or something. my life went from like a 6.5/10 to a 1/10 in the span of 2 years.
>>
>>29712924
The brain loses learning potential as it ages you know I'm sure? That's probably all that it is that's bothering you.
>>
>>29713068
>not sure whether to attribute my inhibited cognitive abilities to that or the onset of schizophrenia
But i thought schizophrenia was supposed to make you smarter?
>>
>>29712924
The obvious solution besides drugs/fit/diet is to train yourself at what you 'lost.'

Start up a blog and write essays on it, or do that SEO shit and write Internet-researched reviews of products to make money.
>>
>>29713074
I dont think that it would be noticeable in such a small time period.
>>
>>29712924
'Gator's jaws are teeming with decay, that bird must have smelled something nutty, fell head first into the trap.
>>
>>29713031
Well my life wasn't the greatest to begin with (poor and had head lice most of my school life) but I could cope pretty well but at a certain time in HS
>Begin to lose a lot of my friends (inb4 reeee)
>Family gets broken apart
>Sent to live at another home far from my own town
>Hate the people there
>Mental illness starts creeping up on me
>Eventually get back to family but very fucked in the head at that point
I mean I wasn't raped or anything like that but it really fucked me up and made me unable to focus on school anymore because by that point I was just trying to survive socially and mentally and eventually left because I was having huge panic attacks.

I mean I am out of HS now and have been for a while but basically certain things have happened to me to make me realize I really valued my intelligence back then and want it back, not for a job or some shit but just for myself
>>
>>29713153
It is very. The brain makes most of it's connections when it is two months old, after that you lose grey matter crazy fast.
>>
>>29713109
dunno, still trying to figure it all out.
>>
>>29713153
>Life gets harder as time goes on
>Slowly losing your potential
Losing what you've learned by not exercising your short term skills so they'll become long term ones
Add them all together simultaneously and it might not ya fast. Are you heading or have past 24, provided that you came the first time at about 14?
>>
*>losing
*and it could hit ya fast
>>
>>29713109
No, no, no THE GENES for schizophrenia make you smarter, the disorder itself does essentially the opposite.
>>
I have very similar issues but I think it's due to my shit diet as a kid and teenager, ive been on a medical odyssey that has basically ruined my life for the past few years.

Does anyone know if having shit nutrition during those developmental years can be mitigated later?
>>
>>29713373
No, it cannot be mitigated later when you are no longer developing but it's worth a try
>>
>>29712924
Try n-back training. Should help with attention span and memory.
>>
>>29712924
Sounds like anxiety, desu. I feel scared all the time and it's hard to remember shit and organize your thoughts when you're scared.
>>
>>29713074
No its different to that, I can still feel the potential very much its just like I said my brain can't organize stuff well its more of a memory issue and an issue with keeping my mind clear of brain fog
>>29713513
I did have a lot of anxiety in that time of my life but not so much anymore but I do have bipolar and other issues but I have had some certain mental revelations that have rebooted my passion sort of thing
>>
>>29712924
Hey anon, mind talking on Omegle?
>>
>>29714011
I don't really do omegle we are on an anonymous imageboard just speak here with me if you want
>>
>>29713736
When I get brain fog I take a tablespoon of turmeric with 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Just make sure you aren't taking any ssri antidepressants.
>>
>>29714034
Maybe I can help you, it'll be easier to talk on Omegle, use the tag r9kbrain if you're interested
I'll be waiting a couple of minutes
>>
>>29714098
How the fuck does omegle even work? I don't even have a microphone or camera
>>
>>29714121
there's a text function, you don't need to register, it takes barely 3 secs, just input the tag and click on text
>>
>>29714141
What tag? is that trip you have a tag or what?
>>
>>29712924
You weren't that bright, i was like you, but i didn't lose my ability to learn, just my interest for school.
And i would still be the best in some classes.
>>
I'm on Omegle with someone who says he is the OP right now, tell me OP if you're not him
>>
>>29714205
I am OP original
>>
>>29714205
I am definitely not that dude I don't even know wtf you meant with the whole tag thing or even where to put the tag to use this site
>>
Just talk in the thread. What the fuck.
This is the same format as Omegle except other people can see it.
>>
Guys can we not move to omegle, let's just chat here! :)
>>
>>29712924
why did you just explain my current situation please help me
>>
>>29714247
Except we can't have a proper conversation about psychological problems with teenage summerfags like >>29712977
and >>29713074 making retarded interventions all the time

I could easily help the OP if he went on Omegle but since he doesn't want to, it makes him a full retard and I'm not even gonna bother help him.
>>
>>29714308
fuck off. youre probably trying to sell something
>>
>>29714308
I have the same problems as OP, I was in an accident, can you help me out?
>>
>>29714308
I didn't say I didn't want to dude I literally have never touched this site in my life and you haven't explained what I actually have to do where to put in this tag and such
>>
>>29714345
Where it say put your interest you put k9brain
How many can speak in an omegle thread at once?
>>
>>29714344
Sorry, but there are a couple of teenage trolls ITT, so I don't even know you're a troll pretending to be the anon who said he was the accident. I'm leaving this thread. Just ask a good psychiatrist for help.
>>
File: 34525325325235235354.png (28 KB, 640x447) Image search: [Google]
34525325325235235354.png
28 KB, 640x447
OP here what a surprise
>>
Anyone here have some non drug related advice?
>>
>>29714452
It is all drug related when it comes to the brain. The brain is pure chemicals, to fix it requires furthermore chemicals.
>>
>>29714476
>the brain is pure chemicals
I have literally never heard something so retarded
>>
>autistic OP goes on Omegle five mins after helper anon left it
>meets a troll
>o-oh shit a troll, i knew it, no surprise there
This level of autism can't be real
>>
>>29713223
Just learn not to value your intelligence
>>
the human brain only degrades past age 14

daily masturbation destroys neural connections

that is all
>>
>>29714452
Work out and watch your diet.
Make sure your brain has enough water and sugar to work right.

Don't abuse caffeine or coffee. It's a double-edged sword and prevents dementia in studies, but it reduces cerebral bloodflow and can just outright prevent you from accessing big chunks of your mind.
>>
>>29714643
I am working out and eating better now but I do have a lot of caffeine (always did tho) I might cut back on that and see if it helps
>>
File: 1462658830493.jpg (13 KB, 294x282) Image search: [Google]
1462658830493.jpg
13 KB, 294x282
>>29714635
The human body poops out chunk of brain every bowel movement. To reabsorp the brain matter before excretion, nopoop is required.

Have no more than 1 bowel movement every 3 months to preserve great brain.
>>
I get what you're saying OP. I still remember some extremely mundane shit from when I was a 5 year old and I have an almost encyclopedic knowledge of useless facts about pop culture/the capitals of the world/sports/etc. People used to think I had a photographic memory. I also had severe ADHD and would never focus or bother trying in class/homework and still did very well. I was a loudmouth little shithead class clown type and I still made a bunch of friends despite having a legitimate Aspergers and ADHD diagnosis. I had to manually learn how to fit in socially by observing people and I somehow did. When I was a kid they placed me in a Talented and Gifted program and tested my IQ there. My result was 138.

In high school I did a bunch of drugs, did homework last minute, took a couple AP classes, and slept 5 hours a night and still ended up with a 3.2 GPA and a scholarship to university. But my memory is fucked up compared to what it used to be and it's not as foolproof as it once was where I could just read something and memorize it right then and there. I'd love to have that ability back.
>>
>>29714706
I'm 32 and spent a decade paranoid about brain decay. I thought for sure it was aspartame, but I'm pretty sure now it's caffeine/dehydration and poor lifestyle that does it.

Caffeine kind of blows. It's almost impossible to avoid, and everyone needs some kind of stimulant to adapt to the shitty work environment, but I'm certain that at high doses it stunts my ability to recall longterm info and learn.

My advice to you is: don't ignore the problem. Try a bunch of shit to fix it NOW. If something isn't working, do something else. Over and over, until the problem is solved.

The scientific method is the hardest to follow but always yields the best results.
>>
You probably have no attention span left because you spend most of your time on 4chan, playing video games, or watching TV shows. You haven't actually done anything that requires real focus since you were a child.
>>
>>29714706
Well your brain still has some of its elasticity so get to changing it for the better while you still can. The shit you're dealing with at around 19-20 is the same shit you'll be dealing with for the rest of your life. I don't know that eating well now is going to reverse any of the damage you might have done by not eating well as a babe, likely you won't fix much, but better to eat well than poorly at any age.
>>
They say the brains of neurotic people degenerate much faster than non-neurotics.
>>
>>29714706
MODS! UNDERAGE ANON!
>>
>>29714818
I had a diet almost completely of sugar, or not eating at all. This was from honestly about age 5-15, but i only started feeling bad at 11. i went for years without eating a single vegetable.

I was always the most intelligent kiddo by a longshot, but I literally feel like I'm falling apart, my physical self, my soul, my mind -- everything.

I can't hold a coherent thought, i can't do any math, can't write coherently anymore, have to re-read a sentence like five times for it to sink in, can't learn, I always thought of school as a joke it was so easy and played games all day and got easy A's, now i have to study constantly just to get by, people treat me like i'm retarded.

If this hell is not going to get fixed i'm not even sure it's worth living i just needed to let this out h e l p
>>
>>29714706
Reported, enjoy your ban kiddo
>>
>>29714927
You might have a vitamin deficiency like B12 or D3. You can see a doc for blood tests.

You might have hypothyroidism. Drink more water. You might be dehydrated.

Try quitting caffeine if you abuse it (or even if you don't). Good luck. I can't do it, but I know it makes my brain work better to be off it.

If you want weird unorthodox diet advice check out raypeat.com
>>
>>29712924
I've had exactly this for about 4 years, brain fog, can't wake up enough to enjoy anything or continue my education. it takes me many hours awake to function I usually have 2 or 3 hours of alertness, but I have to use it studying my GED. not on enjoying myself and I basically have quit all competitive games I used to play in exchange for this slow paced shitposting. I've been to the doctor many times, a lot of blood work. even went to a mayo clinic for research. no deficiencies or anything. I continue to feel less awake everyday.
>>
>>29715101
gonna try and sleep to be up in time for fireworks now goodnight
>>
>>29712924
What's the reptile in op webm?
>>
>>29715345
A crocodile
>>
>>29715622
How do you know it's not an alligator?
>>
>>29715908
Just guessing based off the snout shape
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.