[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does a board specifically made so that no two posts are the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: attention grabber.jpg (329 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
attention grabber.jpg
329 KB, 1280x960
How does a board specifically made so that no two posts are the same end up with every post being exactly the same?
>>
You can't force original ideas. Compared to old /b/ this board is a lot more "original".
>>
>>29712536
the robot never worked. the board has degenerated rapidly even in the last few days. leave now.
>>
Because there are infinite ways to describe the complex and consuming sadness that faces all of us in this world we're left in after the death of God.
>>
>>29712536
It's a pointless facade meant to filter out the lowest of low effort posters.
>>
>>29712536
the board still has a main theme, even if the theme is unofficial. yes you can technically post about anything you want, but for the most part /r9k/ is the unofficial depression/sadness board. most threads will be about depression/sadness. the robot is just an additional gimmick that usually doesnt do anything
>>
>>29712536
because O R E G A N O
simple as that
>>
File: The Legend of Hiroshima Part 1.png (226 KB, 700x6182) Image search: [Google]
The Legend of Hiroshima Part 1.png
226 KB, 700x6182
>>29712536
It hashes them and compares the hashes. It's also only a guarantee with high probability.

The reality is that people add random words to their posts to avoid the robot.

Here's a fun comic explaining what happened.
>>
File: The Legend of Hiroshima Part 2.png (364 KB, 700x6363) Image search: [Google]
The Legend of Hiroshima Part 2.png
364 KB, 700x6363
>>29713533
>Part 2

And now you know.
>>
>>29713489
i'm new to this board what does oregano mean
>>
>>29713670
oregano is a condiment used to make food more tasty anon
>>
>>29713670
It's a joke.

If the bot finds out that your post has been made before, it rejects the post and says that it's not "original".

So to fix this, people would often add random words to their post, one of the common ones being "original".

Using "original" was so common, in fact, that people would find their post still wasn't original. So they mutated the word, giving "oregano" as a common example.

As for the spacing/casing of "O R E G A N O", these are due to the common misconception that the bot cares about spacing and capitalization. The bot cares about neither in reality.
>>
>>29713533
>>29713542
Jesus christ this is the highest quality OC I've seen all year.

The anon who made this could accomplish so much in society
>>
>>29713855
Source appears to be
http://desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/23884988/#23885764
http://imgur.com/fbn9FWO
>>
because of this

original comment
>>
File: mystery.jpg (4 KB, 250x162) Image search: [Google]
mystery.jpg
4 KB, 250x162
>>29714013
I remember that thread. Things were better then, except for that mystery.jpg cunt
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.