[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One reason I'm a fucking loser is because I don't know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1277470632643.gif (941 KB, 208x156) Image search: [Google]
1277470632643.gif
941 KB, 208x156
One reason I'm a fucking loser is because I don't know anything about sports. How do I get into Handegg and Hockey? I've looked at the sports and those are the 2 that interest me. Maybe Basketball too. What is the first step to learning about the sports? Should I just memorize the rules of the game?
>>
>>29711325
>Should I just memorize the rules of the game?
Yes. Then memorize rosters. Watch old games and watch current games. This is what I do to socialize with normies for small talk at work to get them to leave me alone.
>>
Guys that are really into sports are even bigger losers. They use sports to escape their shitty reality. To me there is no difference between a video game/anime nerd and a "sports guy" that never played anything past high school. You're both using escapism to ignore your shitty life.
>>
>>29711381
obviously that's true. guy who sits around looking at other people play a game is a fucking nerd. That's objectively true, but society doesn't see it that way. Let's face it, all men have that autistic numbers-based drive to obsess over a gay hobby and learn all the statistics about it and shit. Normalfags have it too, they just had to find a socially acceptable way to express it
>>
File: yukari is best girl.png (283 KB, 992x623) Image search: [Google]
yukari is best girl.png
283 KB, 992x623
football is awesome i've been into it since I was a kid even though my team sucks balls. and going to a game irl is great if everyone around you likes the same team as yourself.

for football it's a game of set plays and you have 3 chances to get the ball advanced beyond 10 yards, and if you do that you get a new set of 3 chances. if you cant do that and you're team is beyond the zone of being able to get a field goal (kicking the ball for 3 points inside those big yellow polls), you gotta give it back to the other team. but if you keep advancing before all this you will eventually get a touchdown (6 points+1 when you kick the extra point).
i hope that kinda made sense

defensive schemes and offensive schemes and special teams will take perhaps a season or two to grasp so look at every game and learn the most basic of rules and it will all make sense.

I get that it is no different from liking vidya or anime (which I do like) in terms of escapism but it's entertaining and I have something to look forward to every sunday.

my other favorite sport I watch is baseball but you have to be a special type of autist to get into sabermetrics and WAR and other crazy stats and add to the fact that the action comes seldom so I won't go into it. but pick your football team and start following up on them now cause the season starts in september
>>
>>29711325

I got into basketball by playing NBA 2k. If you play long enough, you'll learn the rules and all the nuances of the sport that casual watchers don't really pay attention to. Same idea works with football and hockey.
>>
>>29711325
>What is the first step to learning about the sports?

Just watch sports. You'll learn about the rosters, rules, and terminology naturally as you watch it.

I'd recommend Basketball or Football first since everyone talks about it and they are the most popular. You'll fit in, senpai . Sports really aren't difficult to understand and you'll be at normie level after 1 season
>>
>>29711325
Don't bother with ape hoop.
>>
>>29711381
If you're talking about sports number crunching autists then yeah, they're fucking autistic losers.
If by really into sports you mean watch games often and able to have discussions on players and who's better and best games and shit then that's bullshit because it means like 99.9% of men are losers.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.