[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/modafinil/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: adderall-vs-modafinil.png (6 KB, 286x200) Image search: [Google]
adderall-vs-modafinil.png
6 KB, 286x200
Anyone tried modafinil as a study aid? I want the concentration and memory boost of adderall without the negative health effects and feeling like I'm on meth. Is this what it does? That's what a lot of reviews say, but then a lot of other people say that it just makes them feel awake and nothing else.
>>
The fuck do I even get that shit? Does my doc have to prescribe it?
>>
>>29711311
>>29711334
You can buy Adrafinil online easier and more cheaply.

Adrafinil is a prodrug of Modafinil. That means that when your body metabolizes it, it turns into modafinil.

People say Modafinil is better but according to the chemistry it should feel the same.

Only problem is Adrafinil is harder on your liver, so don't abuse it.
>>
>>29711360
Yeah, I would not touch Adrafinil if I were you. It's really bad for your liver. Just get Modafinil. A doc will prescribe it if you say that you have shift work sleep disorder, which is very easy to fake. You won't need to see a psychiatrist. Any old GP can give it...

But what about the effects? Can someone elaborate?
>>
>>29711478
It's not that bad for your liver. Just don't abuse it.

Also fuck off.
>>
>>29711478
It's a meme. It has no stimulant or focus effects, just keeps you awake.
>>
>>29711311
I've used it

Honestly it just made my heart beat really fast and that's it. Felt like a strong dose of caffeine. Could probably get the same effect from a few cups of coffee
>>
>>29711523
How do you explain the countless reviews online of people experiencing heightened focus allowing them to study for hours and hours without stopping? I don't think it's a meme, man. It has similar dopaminergic activity as the amphetamines, so it makes sense that it would boost one's focus. I bet you haven't even tried it and are just spouting absolute bullshit.
>>
I already have a natural modafinil brain. If I get too stimulated my dopamine ramps up and blows itself out and then I can't go to sleep.
>>
>>29711575
I've used it, and that's my experience.
>>
>>29711618
>natural modafinil brain

Sounds like you might have ADD.

>>29711643

Fair enough. I guess it would still be useful for all-nighters.
>>
Look into piracetam and other nootropics. Easier to obtain at least.
>>
>>29711311
>I want the concentration and memory boost of adderall without the negative health effects and feeling like I'm on meth. Is this what it does?
No.
>>
File: dopamine31.png (21 KB, 607x254) Image search: [Google]
dopamine31.png
21 KB, 607x254
>>29711744
Na not ADD I have this. I have actually had it use up all my dopamine before and I crashed.
>>
>>29711859
Actually, you're wrong. I've been taking Provigil for two years now, and OP's description is accurate. I used to take Adderall prior to this, and I find that Provigil gives a similar, albeit slightly dampened, concentration boosting effect without the cracked out feeling of adderall. It doesn't spike my blood pressure like Adderall did either. It is pretty much universally regarded as safer than Adderall, which explains why it's not Schedule II like Adderall. So yeah, it's pretty much a wonder drug.
>>
>>29711875

You absolute madman!

Original post btw
>>
File: psychopath45.png (26 KB, 637x270) Image search: [Google]
psychopath45.png
26 KB, 637x270
>>29711989
Modafinil is basically just psychopathy in pill form. I think it's redundant for me to take it.
>>
>>29711311
I am actually taking madafinil right now for my sleeping disorder. It's suppose to keep me awake during the day and it does a great job
>>
>>29712059
Does it help with concentration or memory at all?
>>
Modafinil is very subtle. Not like Adderall at all.

Whenever I take it, it makes me feel like I had an extremely good night of sleep the previous day... I'm sharp, alert, and more motivated even when I've been awake for 48 hours.

I use it as an occasional boost if I'm feeling unproductive or just plain exhausted (I have chronic insomnia). Tolerance to it builds quickly and I used to get really bad headaches whenever I took it for too long so I try to limit myself.
>>
>>29712747
>I'm sharp, alert, and more motivated

Sounds like it could be helpful for studying. I have 100 tablets (200 mg each), but I haven't taken any yet. I am saving them for when school starts up. I am looking forward to trying it. Previously I have taken Adderall and Vyvanse for studying, and they were absolutely AMAZING...I'm not expecting Modafinil to give me the same level of concentration, but I would be happy even with a small increase in focus/motivation.
>>
>>29712901
>these idiots just use it for studying

you guys are wasting it
>>
>>29713191
What else would I use it for?
>>
>>29713379
silicon valley CEOs use this shit

you guys are just trying to get an A on your dinky test that you can't even profit from
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.