[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi there, welcome to Walmart! ... I said, welcome to Walmart!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10
File: Walmart-greeters.jpg (212 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Walmart-greeters.jpg
212 KB, 640x480
Hi there, welcome to Walmart!

I said, welcome to Walmart!
>>
g-good to be here
>>
>>29710754
I always say hi and bye to the old people that greet you because I can bet you that they're not doing it because it's fun easy job but because they need money and are lonely.
>>
w-w-what a pleasure to be present

..am I right? haha...
>>
>>29710787

>mfw their spouse probably died like five or six years ago
>they have worked jobs like this their entire life, maybe skilled labour at best
>they're going to die in a decade or so
>their younger relatives, children, and grandchildren no longer speak to them.
>they have few outlets for expression and pleasure
>they subject themselves to the same tiresome routine year after year

And I'll continue to squander my youth and I'll be 30 in ten more years.
>>
Thank you? I don't know if that's right or not. This is why I don't go places.
>>
>>29710754
Just living the American dream lol but pipedream that is...
>>
File: 1466909387004.jpg (18 KB, 600x238) Image search: [Google]
1466909387004.jpg
18 KB, 600x238
>>29710787
Basically. Thinking about the life of any wagecuck makes me very depressed.
>>
>>29710754

When I was in college, I'd get my sandwich meat from the nearest supermarket. The guy working the deli was a man in his 60s with a sad voice who always called me sir. I felt bad for him.

Also, old people working at CVS and Walgreens look miserable in every possible way.
>>
File: JamesandtheGiantPeach2.gif (397 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
JamesandtheGiantPeach2.gif
397 KB, 200x200
>>29710754
Hello. (continue to walk into the store)
>>
>>29710754

I'd continue walking past him and pretend I didn't hear him. I'm a socially retarded asshole.
>>
Sup bro, does your salary factor into the price of the products sold here by the way? Have you ever considered dying of natural causes and encouraging others of your generation to do likewise so that employment opportunities are freed up for the current generation of youth who are competing with Mexicans and Indians for shit jobs?
>>
>>29711034

Don't make the old man cry, anon.
>>
File: walmart.jpg (507 KB, 2650x1988) Image search: [Google]
walmart.jpg
507 KB, 2650x1988
>You ready to check out, sugar?
>>
>>29711174

This must one of the Walmarts in Memphis.
>>
>>29711034
kek

old people live too long desu theyd be long gone if doctors werent giving them 10 pills a day to stay alive
>>
File: 1455317623962.jpg (47 KB, 536x536) Image search: [Google]
1455317623962.jpg
47 KB, 536x536
>>29710754
Do Americans really do this? holy fuck
>>
>>29710754
Why would I ever send my assistant to a Walmart?
>>
Seeing wagecuck threads make glad I enlisted in the Army a couple years ago.

I don't think I would've made the last 2 years without suck starting my Glock if I kept wiping tables and sweating about rent.
>>
>tfw those old ass greeters very rarely greet you

Whats wrong with me?
>>
Uhhhh don't talk to me wagecuck
>>
>walking towards exit with small bag
>door man points at me gesturing to see my reciept

fuck that. for a bag this small?

>look him inbthe eye as a shove past him

probably fucked myself over for future confrontations, but i dont care. fuck that giy.
>>
>>29711518
>look him inbthe eye as a shove past him

Didn't happen, nope
>>
>>29711435
this is on rare occasions you dumb eurocuck
>>
listen "LEE",
you better get out of my way or i'll..
i'll..
>>
>>29711435
Walmart really does pay otherwise-unemployable people to stand at the door and say hello to people who walk in. Sometimes it's old people that they use for this, sometimes it's downies. fortunately not all of them have greeters, the one by me doesn't.
>>
People don't greet me when I enter stores. They actively ignore me.
>>
>>29711654
okay the shove part didnt happen, but i refused to show him my . not for something as small as a gatorade which he watched me pay for
>>
>>29710754

Lee!
what are you doing!
theres a little nigger on the lose right behind you!
i want to speak to your manager, this is unbelievable
>>
>>29710754
>>29710994

>tfw it was supposed to be a temp job that would last a few weeks
>>
>>29711698
I wouldn't know. Never look at them
>>
Is that a attitude i detect lee? do you know who i am? I'm Mike Walton, Sam Waltons son, I'll have you on the street and eating cat food by tomorrow if you ever EVER get fresh with me again.
>>
>>29711174
Martin Luther King died for this shit
>>
>>29711422
>tfw my dad would be dead if doctors werent giving him 10 pills a day to stay alive

You fat diabetic retarded fuck. I JUST WANT YOU TO BE HEALTHY BUT MOM KEEPS FEEDING YOU GARBAGE AND BUYING YOU BEER

I WILL KILL HER WITH MY OWN FUCKING HANDS.

I'm seriously starting to suspect that she wants him dead and is trying to kill him.
>>
File: 1446001323236.jpg (317 KB, 1280x983) Image search: [Google]
1446001323236.jpg
317 KB, 1280x983
>>29711435
>>29711696
Fuck, I am the most misanthropic, reclusive asshole of all time, and I say hello to the greeters. Because I try not to be like the people who made me hate people to begin with.

>>29710787
Pretty much this. It's usually old people, making minimum wage or just above. They're making money you can't buy fucking anything with. They aren't doing it "for fun." They're doing it because they're incredibly broke. Or they were sitting at home rotting in front of a TV, depressed, and because they aren't tech-savvy, they didn't know what to do with their time except "go down to the Walmart and get a job."

And you know what? Good on Walmart for still doing this. They don't need to. They could fire every single one of their greeters. They could fire all their cashiers too if they really wanted to.

Human interaction is being completely abandoned, and that's part of the problem. I'm only 27 but I'm already peeved at how a lot of stores are replacing their cashiers with fucking tablets. My mom is old, she doesn't want to use a fucking tablet to buy her aspirin, she doesn't even know how to.

I know you're all autistic as fuck, I'm autistic as fuck, but have the decency to respond. For fuck's fuck.
>>
>>29711435
Not all areas have them; only the nice ones. And because they're so old, they tell you off sometimes , if you rub them wrong. I suspect they alert the security personnel when potential shoplifters arrive. One told me, through implications, not to use an electric shopping cart once. Boomers gonna boom.
>>
>>29711174
Fuck me, I like black people but have no experience with them being canadian. I visited a friend in Lousiana and didnt see a single white employee at the Walmart.
>>
>tfw drunk as fuck
>want to go to walmart and tell the greeter that he is loved and appreciated
>>
>>29711898
>I'm only 27 but I'm already peeved at how a lot of stores are replacing their cashiers with fucking tablets. My mom is old, she doesn't want to use a fucking tablet to buy her aspirin, she doesn't even know how to.
I bet some day soon having a person ring you up is gonna be an extra-cost service. Either something the store charges you for if you use it, or just that some stores will use self-checkout, and some other stores will have human cashiers but the prices will be higher. The common thread across bricks-and-mortar retail and most food service is that labor is always the biggest expense, and with fight-for-15 campaigns and such the pressure to reduce labor use is only going to rise.
>>
>>29711701
I guess in the most likely event, nobody (security?) is going to chase you down or force you to show it to them. Not worth the trouble to them, but I don't know, I've never seen anyone refuse it or have refused myself, even though only have been asked to show it only one occasion. Not sure why they ask to see it.
>>
>>29711977

You'll come off as condescending if you do that. Unless that was your intention.
>>
>>29712012
>>29711701

At my local walmart five guys sometimes come out of nowhere and drag a kid (not seen it happen to anyone large) with a bookbag into a room until the police arrive.
>>
>>29712106
Damn, that walmart don't play games (though kind of do because they only try to check a lone kid, busters)
>>
>>29712145
We didn't even have self checkout lines until recently. It's a very ghetto walmart. Rather than a greeter there's always a guy with a badge facing those who leave, with people in disguise following suspicious individuals around, though I assume all walmarts have those spies. You'd figure they'd need to be in uniform to grab you. Manager there is a shady dick according to my father, as he used to work for him at a different, so maybe they're not supposed to.
>>
>>29712374
*When the manager worked for a different organization.
>>
>>29711913
>I like black people but have no experience with them

This is the case for most people who claim to "like black people"
>>
>>29712374
>though I assume all walmarts have those spies
actually yes, a friend of mine does this
it's called Asset Protection
basically you walk around the store, watching suspicious people and checking your phone
>>
File: 3209_54_news_hub_3430_640x488.jpg (153 KB, 518x395) Image search: [Google]
3209_54_news_hub_3430_640x488.jpg
153 KB, 518x395
FUCK YOU NORMIE BE NEET

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29710754
>Get back to work Richard! You are supposed to be taking returns from costumer service!
>>
Home Depot near my place has the most awkward greeter situation. Entrance to the store has is a narrow aisle made of barricades with displays either side. Maybe 5 feet wide. Seated at the end of this aisle is a greeter. You must pass very close to this greeter to get in to the store. And they don't just say hello and welcome. They say hi how may i help you? looking for anything in particular? Working on a project? questions in that vein.

For godssakes man i just came here to buy some storage bins. Ease off.
>>
>>29712663
Do you know where the storage bins are? Can I help you choose a colour? What are you going to put in them?
>>
>>29712663

You should probably be a little more sympathetic. Chance are, he's paid to do it. Literally, he HAS to do all that or his job is in danger. He doesn't want to risk someone ratting him out, or if they have surveillance.
>>
>>29712719

... i need them to store my rope and duct tape and hunting knives and ski mask.
>>
>>29712764

I usually just go to the other entrance to avoid the whole thing. It's technically the exit door but it opens for people walking in anyway.
>>
File: 1453078870254.jpg (43 KB, 500x478) Image search: [Google]
1453078870254.jpg
43 KB, 500x478
>>29712719
>Youre going to urinate and defecate in these containers?
>Im afraid Im going to have to call the police
>>
>>29710875
>greater at my local Walmart was a WW2 vet
>landed on Juno beach, help liberate France and the Netherlands
>fought for the freedom of others while his friends all died around him
>most people outright ignored him when he greeted them
>one day he wasn't there, found out he died

I'll miss Freddie.
>>
File: Death.jpg (10 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
Death.jpg
10 KB, 184x184
>>29713683
>According to statistics released by the Veteran's Administration, our World War II vets are dying at a rate of approximately 492 a day. This means there are approximately only 855,070 veterans remaining of the 16 million who served our nation in World War II.
>>
>>29711696
that's actually a great thing to do, but can't they pay them to not speak with me?
>>
>>29713845
nah, the reason why employees look at you and say hello when you walk in (in a lot of stores, you might have noticed, not just walmart) is that they've done studies that found that that deters shoplifting. The effect is moderate, but since they can just tell the guy they already have there from loss prevention checking receipts to interact with customers on the way in, they do it.

also I suspect normies like it. human interaction, we're the weird ones, all that.
>>
>>29713769
Yeah they are dying that fast becSe the VA hospitals are a fucked and aren't giving them the proper care. People are literally dying waiting to be treated by the VA, not because they don't have enough room, but because paperwork was lost or bureaucracy or some other shit
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.