[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anti-ghosting PSA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 20
File: Roast_Busters.png (6 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Roast_Busters.png
6 KB, 640x480
This is an anti-ghosting public service announcement.

Girls, please for fucks sake announce when you are going to stop talking to someone. Guys, you know what I'm talking about.
JUST.
It's very simple to say "sorry, I'm not gonna talk to you anymore", and it spares a poor sap an entire evening of eagerly awaiting a response from you in vain. Please, PLEASE, save a robot just one (1) single feel, and announce before you leave. Ghosting is NOT a victimless crime.
If you have a roast, do not ghost!
>>
>>29709746
At last someone has broken the silence. Being ghosted is like when you put your hand up for a high five and you're left hanging, except that awful, awkward moment persists for hours, even days or weeks. No robot should be subjected to this plight.
>>
File: Anti_Roastie.png (37 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
Anti_Roastie.png
37 KB, 800x1000
Are you the victim of roastie neglect?
The solution is simple! Just post the Anti-roastie, Anti-ghostie!
>>
>>29709911
thanks anti-roastie anti-ghostie
>>
>tfw the psa will be unheeded because only underage redditors that are so sheltered they don't even have experience with being ghosted use r9k these days
>>
>>29709746
It sucks, I've been through it, but...

...people don't owe you shit. You know that "I'm going to stop talking to you now" is just going to be cross-examined, right?

It's painful, but neglect is ubiquitous in modern society.
>>
>>29709911
anti roastie anti ghosty fAM
>>
>>29710281
chikafag is this you?
>>
File: 50a.jpg (201 KB, 470x595) Image search: [Google]
50a.jpg
201 KB, 470x595
>tfw all my online relationships were ended by me ghosting them
>>
File: 몰라.gif (976 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
몰라.gif
976 KB, 500x200
op you are a fucking faggot

>entire evening of eagerly awaiting a response

girls have over 100+ people to get back to - do you really expect them to sit down and IM for the whole fucking day? it's called time management. not everyone is able to to live as a shittard NEET like you - some can only devote a few minutes a day or are bad with technology. grow a pair you needy bitch
>>
>>29710470
>girls have over 100+ people to get back to
Bullshit! The kinds of girls I seek out claim to be friendless like me! Yet I still get ghosted.
>>
File: tr57.jpg (43 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tr57.jpg
43 KB, 500x375
>>29710516
expect to be 'ghosted' for even longer if she's an autist like you

i rage every single time i hear the word 'ghosting'. it's such bullshit. stop guilttripping other people and having 0 empathy. some people are going through tough times, have communication issues, don't know how to socialize / IM / strike up a convo, let alone respond to the message you're sending her.

perhaps she's so autistic she thinks of what to say to you but by the time she's thought of something 3-4 months have gone by ! (this has happened before)

GHOSTING IS THE DUMBEST FUCKING CONCEPT IN EXISTENCE. STOP BEING SELF-CENTERED FFS

and who the fuck expects a reply that same evening? yes, that would be ideal, but i don't even harass my girlfriends like that. i love it that some of them can respond to me right away, but i really pray to god people don't expect that of me because i absolutely cannot deliver.

maybe when i'm off r9k and in a better world

>OP IS A FAGGOT

stop being glued to your fucking technology. not everyone is mouthbreathing and slurping over their fucking screen like you.

op please go fucking slit your wrists and die i fucking hate little shitty boys like you

please
go off yourself
fuck

you are so fucking cringe

*vomits*
>>
I ruined her by texting her too much
she used to be so affectionate
then I stopped texting her because she got cold

and she didn't even care
>>
>>29710673
it's not ghosting if they eventually respond.
Ghosting is when they leave without warning forever. I bet you ghost people all the time and now you don't know how to deal with the guilt of ruining so many people's day so now you're lashing out at me.
>>
File: shu qi gun1.jpg (108 KB, 960x520) Image search: [Google]
shu qi gun1.jpg
108 KB, 960x520
>>29710755
"Ghosting is when they leave without warning forever"

ITT bitches complaining about not getting a 24 hr response lmao

i've left people hanging for over a year on facebook message. does that make me a ghoster? stupid cockface was most likely complaining about ghosting since day 1 (according to this thread). fuck guy mentality
>>
File: tr99.png (224 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
tr99.png
224 KB, 500x373
>>29709746
as if guys dont 'ghost' 24/7

f
o
h
>>
>>29710869
I find it hard to believe you genuinely have no problem with just restarting a conversation a year later as if nothing happened.
>>29710904
Prove to me that this happens with anyone besides chads or wife-beating /pol/tards
>>
>>29709746
Being ghosted sucks but I do the same shit to some girls too, and I'm sure a lot of you do too.
>>
>>29710904
jesus christ why do girls even bother trying to look like "le badass chick with a gun eksdee lmao", the way she's holding that made me cringe so fucking hard
>>
>>29710673
In most cases I give people the benefit of the doubt when it comes to things like these and side with the girls because more often than not the guy is just being a cringey kneckbeard, but you're just way too much of a fucking whiteknight. It doesn't take much effort to tell someone you're not going to be talking to them much more or at least blocking them/removing them from whatever you were using to talk to them. I don't want a message 8 months from now when your heart got broken by chad, only to get another 8 months of not talking to you.

If its just a friendly relationship, then you have no obligation to message me, but the second you leave that realm and we're dating, then I atleast deserve you calling me or sending me a quick message telling me that you're done talking to me.
>>
>>29710950
Fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you
I hope you kill yourself, you are the scum of the fucking earth you dont belong here FUCK YOU FUCK YOU REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 187.jpg (67 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
187.jpg
67 KB, 500x500
>>29710950
^ this

we're all on different paths, speeding at different rates. to expect someone to follow your needs + timing (although fundamentals of communication can be laid out via social etiquette, it's always going to be relative) is absolute childishness.

>>29710952
>generalization
you can go cum into ur waifu pillow with your .001mm cock now ^^
>>
>>29711046
Why are you being so mean?
Why are you taking out your frustrations on innocent anti-ghostie posters?
>>
File: 666.jpg (361 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
666.jpg
361 KB, 1000x667
>>29710999
>assuming their silence has to do with another male lmao ok
>girls can't have any other problems besides a chad
>o-ok

fgt

TAKE-AWAY:

GIRLS CAN BE SOCIALLY STUNTED TOO
>>
File: 꺼져.gif (991 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
꺼져.gif
991 KB, 500x625
>>29711087
because op + batshit philosophy make me physically sick
>>
>>29711100
I don't think you understand.
I really want a gf that can sympathize with my social struggles, but everytime I think I found someone like that they stop talking to me forever without notice. I am not asking for much, just some empathy. Some understanding that being randomly abandoned hurts like hell.
>>
>>29711140
>batshit philosophy
what do you mean by this?
also don't you think maybe you're projecting your own anger into what OP is saying? I really do think you are misunderstanding them.
>>
>>29710923

I prefer to think of my selves as another man's wife fucking /pol/tard
>>
>thread ruining by some beta white knight

Sure is summer
>>
File: fast furious suki drift5.jpg (79 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
fast furious suki drift5.jpg
79 KB, 852x480
>>29709746
"It's very simple to say sorry, I'm not gonna talk to you anymore"

nigga

are you a fucking shaman???

is the girl a fucking prophet-seer???

do YOU know if your anxiety / life problems / whatever the fuck is impeding that girl from normal communication - is going to carry over until the next day or the next week, months?!?!

> REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

NO

you don't.

so stop
expecting shit
no one owes you shit nigga
sympathize w/ their plight

nobody knows when things will be up and sunshine and rainbows so asking her to give you that closure is total bullshit (esp if she actually does want to talk to you and has been meaning to talk to you). i'm not talking about straight up official bf-gf dating relationship situation, but even as friends, strangers, acquaintances, or anything more.

kys mang
>>
>>29711465
nigger it's not that hard to say I'm not going to talk to you

ayy lmao
>>
>>29711465
stop trying to justify you not saying "im going to stop talking to you", normie scum! Admit what you did was wrong!
>>
>tfw I'm male and ghosted online friends a bunch of time
>tfw I don't say bye or brb when I leave
>>
>>29712388
i
hate
you
!!!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

jk its all good bc i do it too

saying bye/brb when leaving is corny but then again i have 0 social skills so not sure if that's what people do?? is it??? someone coach me on norms 101 pls ;-;
>>
If a girl ghosts me how do I express my butthurt and insult her.
>>
How many days do you let pass before assuming it's a ghost?
>>
>people stop talking to someone online for various reasons
>when someone stops replying its usually a signal to leave it be
>although people are indirect like this, it helps prevent awkwardnessand most people have trouble picking up on subtle signals like this
>it would only be a problem if you had some neurological disorder that impairs your ability to understand abstract social concepts, i.e autism
>autists make up a tiny percentage of the population
>society isn't obliged to bend backwards to accomodate a handful of mentally impared people

I mean, autists want to live in a world where you are told "I wish to cease conversation now. This is because I find you unpleasant for reasons X and Y. Please move onto the next subject."

Sure, its logical, but there are better ways to handle things.

Just accept that you are broken and stop trying to force people to play by your rules
>>
>>29713820
What's so hard to say Ok this is my last message or I'm not talking to you no more bye ghosting is much worse since you can spend days waiting for a reply
>>
>>29713629
Normally I assume it's a ghostie roastie after 48 hours.
>>
>>29713820
Nice bait 2/10
>>
>>29709911
Thank you anti-roastie anti-ghostie.

Oreginalado famillio
>>
>>29713820
>it's actually a massive fallacy
Nvm upgraded to 3/10 bait.
>>
>>29709746
>an evening of waiting for a response

My best friend ghosted me once. I waited for four years.
>>
>>29713900
Holy shit that's rough. How long did you know them? Did anything provoke the ghosting?
>>
>>29713839

Because that might be seen as blunt or harsh.
Can't you see that?
No one like rejecting someone and no one likes being rejected. So we have subtle social rules to avoid that situation.

Again, just because some people out there have broken brains and need direct communication to function, that doesn't mean everyone has to change the rules to accomodate such a tiny percentage of the population
>>
Stop getting emotionally invested in any 'female' that gives you any attention.
>>
is ghosti a new meme?
>>
>>29713925
>more fallacy
Wew lad.
>>
can't get ghosted if you never talk to women. :)

having aspergers/autism is the key to freedom and progression.
if all men were autists we probably would've colonized Mars by now and be mining Jupiter.
>>
>>29709911
>Anti-roastie, Anti-ghostie!
rwefjkdcxge rfjdn erjn dsfkc
>>
The fundamental problem is that text chat is impersonal and shitty.
>>
>>29713925
Nigger I rather get a response saying fuck you than wait a fucking week to finally give up waiting
>>
File: Roastie_Ghostie.png (9 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Roastie_Ghostie.png
9 KB, 640x480
>>29713944
rare ghosti coming through
>>
>>29713820
Holy fuck this board really is fucking doomed
Oh wait, summer
NVM
>>
>>29710950
Joke's on you faggot I don't have anybody to ghost or be ghosted.
>>
>>29709911
>Anti-roastie, Anti-ghostie!
Anti-roastie, Anti-ghostie!

MAGA Trump 2016
>>
>>29714022
>>29714822
fuck you faggots for turning my meme into some "two legs bad, four legs good" chant
>>
I'm a male and end practically all of my friendships with ghosting but it's not as if they mind. I've never had a single message back after I stopped messaging anyone, so I'm completely disposable.
>>
>>29709911
thanks Anti-roastie Antie-ghostie

oregano
>>
>>29713925
False dichotomy, faggot. There's letting someone down nicely. There's responding selectively to things to indicate a topic is off limits. It's autist's problem if they don't understand these cues.

Then there's abruptly ghosting someone, not even in response to some specific event or change in the dynamic preceding it. That's being a coward.
>>
>>29710673
It sounds like you have a roast. Please do not ghost.

The more you know
>>
>>29710673
>>29711046
>>29711100
>>29711140
>>29711465
>even though you've already been chatting for a while, she might suddenly be unable to respond for 4 months due to mental illness
>your expetations are unreasonable
>all this projection

you're bottom 0.01% in social intelligence if you're this flighty for any reason. your behavior is not any more reasonable than autist's. accept the problem is you and not other's expectations.
>>
Not sure if ghosted or not.
I thought she did and then she responded, so I said something to provoke her to ghost me because we were going nowhere NOW I WAIT 48 HOURS TO SEE
THANKS ROASTIES
>>
>>29715804
that's what I hate about being ghosted you have to fucking WAIT instead of her saying goodbye so then you can move along instead of waiting
>>
women dont care about you
telling you she will stop talking to you is considered mean, she doesnt want to be mean, shes a lovely person etc
they are selfish to the bone
>>
>>29715634

the problem goes both ways
>>
>robots

This shit happens to everyone. Normies, Chads, robots. Girls will ghost any guy out of nowhere without warning.
>>
>>29715934
Preemptively ghost her. Turn it into an arms race. Eventually no conversation will get off the ground.
>>
>>29715925

the problem *can* go both ways, sure.

if you read the posts i responded to, that person is clearly unbalanced and unreasonable
>>
>>29709746
>talk to a "fembot"
>starts ghosting me
>>
>>29709911
thanks anti-rostie anti-ghostie
Oregano
>>
reminder that when roasties post or accept contact info on r9k, a robot is being catfished and WILL be ghosted
>>
>>29709746
women, and men for that matter, are not obligated to follow rigid rules to appease your autistic whims.
>>
>>29709911
thanks anti-ghostie anti-roastie
>>
>>29715944
i do this on dating sites all the time. the best part is when they keep looking at your profile and seeing that you're still logging in just not talking to them, then they delete their account.
>>
>>29709746
if being ghosted bothers you this much, you're exactly the kind of man she was trying to avoid in the first place and her ghosting is justified.
>>
>>29716095
That's not how ghosting works you retard. If she was trying to avoid you in the first place she wouldn't even talk to you.
>>
File: pepe he have gun.jpg (8 KB, 250x243) Image search: [Google]
pepe he have gun.jpg
8 KB, 250x243
>>29710264
>b-but they can't be expected to admit that they're going to stop talking because that would be confrontational!
what roastie convinced you of this?

1. "I'm going to stop talking to you now, anon. Sorry, I don't like you."
2. Disconnect, delete contact, never return

WHY IS THAT SO HARD YOU FUCKING ROASTIE SLUTS
>>
Story time

>>29710673
I dated a crazy bitch like this girl for a couple months. Suddenly out of nowhere she stopped replying to my texts, phone calls, whatever.

When school started up again I would see her in the halls, but she wouldn't even reply when I'd say hi directly to her face. She stopped talking to everyone and looked really depressed.

A year later I saw her again. She cussed me out saying I ghosted her. In her mind she had twisted it around to where I was at fault for not sending her more unanswered messages.

I'm stupid so I started dating her again. A few months later she starts ghosting me again.

Ghosting roasties. Not even once (or at least not twice).
>>
>>29716075
Haha, I feel sad for them and happy for mankind at the same time
>>
File: 1421581412707.gif (651 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1421581412707.gif
651 KB, 960x540
If you have to ghost people or get ghosted, you are a normie.

I try so hard to talk to people but the conversation always gets stale and dies out within a day or two. No one has to pull out, it just happens on it's own.
>>
File: 1465397164968.png (829 KB, 700x1038) Image search: [Google]
1465397164968.png
829 KB, 700x1038
>>29716174
Hey cutie i'll talk to you non-stop if you are a girl. Any contact info?
>>
>>29716174
At least you can always pull out something out of your arse in those cases when you get ghosted you're fucked
But oh well shit happens, just roll with it
>>
>>29716130
Anon, if there's one thing I've learned about women in my 31 years, they're mostly cowards.

They love ghosting because it's an inaction.
>>
>>29716109
that's exactly how ghosting works you autistic piece of shit. you had your shot, you most likely displayed passive-aggressive behavior, so she ghosted you. and in your actions in creating this thread it turns out she was right to do so. clean the sand out of your vagina and stop crying about it. people have absolutely no obligation to continue talking to you for whatever reason, nor do they have any obligation to follow your arbitrary, autistic rules of communication in writing up a formal, signed, notarized and copied in triplicate letter of intent to cease and desist all casual discourse.

jesus you faggots are so lost.
>>
>>29716633
>you were bothered by her ghosting you so you deserved it
>>
>>29716633
>absolutely no obligation to continue talking to you for whatever reason
No one is saying they need to continue to talk to you retard. Holy shit you don't know what ghosting is.
>>
>>29716648
>she could tell from your short communication that you're the kind of autist who would pull passive-aggressive bullshit like that, so she ghosted you and you deserved it
>>
>>29716661
way to cherry pick and reply to one half of one sentence in the post you massive fucking autist.
>>
>>29716666
>>you were bothered by her ghosting so you deserved it
>>
File: SmugFace0.png (254 KB, 381x403) Image search: [Google]
SmugFace0.png
254 KB, 381x403
>>29716680
>calling someone an autist when you yourself are the artist and making shit up like passive agressive shit that never happened
>>
>>29716690
keep repeating your delusion yourself and thinking you're not a passive-aggressive autist and that it's not obvious to everyone who talks to you. not my problem i guess. shrug.

>>29716723
>avatarfag
>not an autist
you already know the drill, sperglord.
>>
>>29716754
>he doesn't know what an avatarfag is
Seems like you lost this battle
>>
>>29716633
>dating process
>no obligation to talk to your partner
I don't even partake in this shit and I can tell you're just shit at it. Not to mention you blatantly disregard the time involved in the action of ghosting (which has often been derided with short timespans, for the sake of shitposting of course.)

TL;DR even autists can tell you're way more autistic.
>>
>>29709746
When I was ages 13-16, I used to have cybersex on aim with random guys.

I would use them to get off then block them. eventually I look at my block list and there were over 200 names.

Is that the same as ghosting?
>>
Guys I'm currently getting by a "fembot" she claimed to be as lonely as me but still ignores me. Each time I see that she's active on social media it makes me feel hurt because she still hasn't responded. I want to call her out on her bullshit and call her a fake robot cunt.
>>
>>29710673
>yfw I don't read your blog post about how much of a white knight you are

BTFO
>>
>>29716831
>she's active on social media

She isn't a fembot cut contact with her you retard
>>
>>29716854
Well not like that like her messenger says she's online
>>
>>29716143
holy shit this is the best original content since anti-roastie anti-ghosti. Fucking saved.
>>
>>29716790
no, blocking is a solid way to break contact. Ghosting leaves room for doubt. Ghosting is a method of torture.
>>
>>29713629
i assume i'm being ghosted after 20 minutes

idk what's wrong with me. i ghost people like it's nobodies business
>>
>>29709746
Ghosting is our only weapon to undermine normies.

Ghost like crazy Robots.
>>
>>29716930
Exactly. Ghosting means you will be in doubt for a long time. Maybe something just keeps her busy. Maybe she will reply in a day or two. That's why it's the worst.
>>
>>29717695
obvious roastie trying to encourage self destructive behavior among robots to sabotage our ranks. Not this time you dirty rascal!
>>
>>29709746
You guys must be weird. I have never been ghosted. I do the ghosting. I thought women don't do it. Don't they like drama or something?
>>
>>29717894
fuck you chad. fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you
>>
>>29717917
Ghost somebody. Or do you like everyone? Don't you ever get bored sometimes?
>>
>>29710755
Might as well just tell them they're dead to you if you're going to play like that. Leave without warning forever?
>>
>>29717965
If I don't like someone I tell them that because I know what its like to be ghosted and I don't want to do it someone. It's not that fucking hard to just tell someone they suck.
>>
>>29717999
I understand what you are saying, but I like doing what is good for me.
>>
>>29709746
If you aren't getting quick, flirty and eager responses then she's not interested at all. She is just trying to be nice. Take the hint. It's your fault alone if you sit by your phone like some sad faggot all day.
>>
>>29718097
how the fuck is it good for you?
explain yourself roastie cunt
>>
>>29718153
I don't have to speak with the person anymore. Just cut contact. How is that not good for me?
>>
File: 1465806278942.jpg (784 KB, 902x720) Image search: [Google]
1465806278942.jpg
784 KB, 902x720
>girls stops replying to you
>still need written confirmation that she's not interested
>cry about being a pathetic orbiter who doesn't get it
>>
File: 1467631627620.jpg (24 KB, 373x395) Image search: [Google]
1467631627620.jpg
24 KB, 373x395
>>29709911
Thanks Anti-roastie, Anti-ghostie!

this thread is not origanal fuck the bitch bot
>>
>>29709911
Fuck off KKK spook, you can't fool me into dating roasties.
>>
>>29718677
>waiting a 48hours to see if she avoided you
OR
>she can tell you to fuck off and you do instead of waiting all day
>>
>>29713820
Pretty much this

It's very obvious if someone doesn't want to talk any more - ghosting isn't even a real thing. The term implies you think there is some chance they will come back, but that's your mental problem. Normal people don't like to be as brute as to say 'I don't want to speak to you anymore' so they have other ways of indicating it.
>>
>>29718888
>he term implies you think there is some chance they will come back
No it doesn't you retard
>>
>>29718737
>waiting for a reply 48 hrs
>thinking about a chat for this long
>not forgetting about it after the first 30 minutes it ends
I think the main problem is you have no life and no real things to worry about. People stop responding to me all the time and unless it's not much of a deal because I don't have time to chat nonstop anyway.
why are some people so demanding of others attention? did you get breastfed until you were 7?
>>
>>29718904
>why are some people so demanding of others attention?
Dude you are on r9k where the fuck do you think you are? Are you a fucking normie?
>>
>>29718892
Actually, that is exactly why people are complaining about being ghosted in this thread. So if it doesn't involve that, then why do people have a problem with it
Checkmate atheist
>>
>>29718942
Being ghosted means they dodged you it doesn't mean they dodged you and are coming back
>>
>>29718939
i suppose acknowledging the state of r9k makes you a normie anyway?
>>
File: 1465079956545.png (217 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1465079956545.png
217 KB, 680x680
>tfw /robot/ I'm talking to just sent this pic
>tfw I'm practically spamming him
>tfw messages aren't being delivered
>>
Is it only ghosting if you they send a message that they want a reply to? Or do people expect you to say bye every time when talking to someone?
>>
>>29719003
we should all adopt a robot to spam so they don't feel ignored
>>
>>29719029
ghosting means they left without saying anything like they will never message you back
>>
File: 1466895197272.gif (1 MB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1466895197272.gif
1 MB, 800x800
>>29719036
>I have a few already, and they all get pissed off when I spam

I thought that's what they wanted!
>>
that's how internet conversations work
nobody says "bye" because leaving the conversation open makes it easier to come back to later (if they want to)
the reason they don't ever actually want to talk to you is because you're uninteresting losers, so you should work on yourself rather than blaming others for being normal
>>
>>29719037
So for example.

>me: what did you think of X movie
>them: I thought it was great, I really liked Y
>me: thats cool I really liked Y too and I also >liked Z
>them: Yeh my opinion of Z is...
>me:Oh, I didnt think of that Im dumb
>them: dont worry Im dumb as well

Was I supposed to reply and say something? I didn't want to say bye in case they wanted to talk to me about something seeing as I am not leaving the computer but I didnt have anything else to talk about.
>>
>>29719086
You can reply with whatever but if you don't ever talk to them again you ghosted them
>>
>>29719086
No, that's a conversation ending naturally. Here's an example of ghosting.

Her: good morning anon! How are you? :3
Me: every morning it's the same shit [long ass thought out response about my existential dread]
her: lmao iktf! (she doesnt really know that feel)
her: I've been meaning to ask you, what do you think about dreams?
me: It's cool that you asked, see that's actually a topic I like talking about a lot [long detailed response because I'm an enthusiast about it]
me: and so that's what I think. What do you think about modern psychology?
her: [never responds, even though the conversation begs for continuity, and was sufficiently interesting]
>>
>>29719086
that subject pretty much ended, there was nothing else to say

I've met people online who would say stuff like
"gosh say something interesting YOU'RE SO BORING YOU NEVER SAY ANYTHINGG" but that's all they said
>>
>>29719129
>she asks how you are as a greeting
>you go on a huge rant about how life sucks and you want to die
this might be your problem
>>
>>29709746

Soon as you see the text reply me

I don't wanna spend time fighting
>>
>>29719179
this, most people don't enjoy chatting to edgy walls of texts
also if she asks you about dreams you're supposed to ask her back, not change the subject like an asshole
2/10 wouldn't have responded
>>
>>29719271
fuck you roastie
it's not my fault you're too stupid to appreciate my conversations
>>
>>29719286
That's not a conversation that's a lecture. Most people don't actually want to listen to you, they're waiting for their chance to talk. Before you call her (girl you were talking to irl) a stacy bitch just look at how you acted. You launched into a one sided wall of text with no opportunity for reciprocation. You didn't even ask her what she thought of your screed.

If you can't handle that you won't have many opportunities to ramble about your opinions (even in an articulate way) and have them be appreciated then you're not meant for this world.
>>
>>29719271
>ask her back
Uhh no you don't you faggot you can change the subject
>>
>>29719338
Okay thanks. If I wanted to have an in depth conversation like I was trying, how would I need to do it without being autistic?
>>
>>29719286
I love philosophizing and talking about life when the mood is right, but I've noticed that people who launch into personal sentimentalist bullshit that easily are usually stupids trying to look cool
>>
>>29719395
What if you are legit a smart guy and love having in depth conversations, but everyone thinks you are a retard because of autism?
>>
>>29719371
>her: I've been meaning to ask you, what do you think about dreams?
she was clearly trying to open a discussion, so no, you don't change the subject before she replies, or else you're the conversation killer
>>
>>29719373
Talk about your dreams then ask her about hers and then link it to modern psychology
>>
>>29719419
What if I don't want to talk about my dreams anon?
>>
>>29719407
you have to find the right occasion for each subject, not everyone has the same views, deep conversations go best when you're both on the same page about most things
(for example I can only have conversations about aesthetics with people who understand art, or dream conversations with people who actually remember their dreams)
>>
>>29719446
well that's fair, but I think you should at least ask her back (saying this because I get really excited when people listen to my dreams, although i know it can be boring)
>>
>>29719446
Tell her why you don't want to talk about dreams.
>>
>>29719469
>>29719478
Nigger you can change the conversation if you want in the real world chads do it all the time
>>
Fuck you normies. Conversation is so easy for you. You never experience ghosting because of this. You have no idea what it is like to be an ass burger. I hate you so much. Why wont you just fuck off and leave this place for the robots?
>>
>>29710673
I think you're the one that's in the minority here. Not responding to a Facebook message for over a year and then just thinking you can pick up the conversation again is legitimately autistic.

Also
> muh mental issues
>muh time
>grow up

A simple one line response shutting down the discussion would suffice in all of these cases
>too stressed at the moment
>sorry, I was really busy
>I don't think we should keep talking.
It's just good manners really.
>>
>>29719505
you're the ones who invaded this board and the reason why it got deleted the first time
people who can't even manage basics lice conversation shouldn't be promoted, giving you your own place would just be cancerous for humanity
>>
>>29709911
thank anti-roastie anti-ghostie
>>
>>29719373
Well for one you should ask people if they would like to hear your thoughts in more detail before launching into the detailed explanation. From that conversation it seemed like she wanted you to listen to something she wanted to say and you shut her down and she probably sulked a bit or just tried to find someone else to talk to.
>>
>>29709911
thanks arag
>>
>>29709911
Thank you so much Anti-Roastie Anti-ghostie!
Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.