[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
normies are idiots
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
File: rainfrog.jpg (329 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
rainfrog.jpg
329 KB, 1600x1200
tfw no one ever wants to have an actual discussion

I can`t tell if my friends are all dumbassess or if i`m a jackass

books
> sorry anon, I havent read anything in soo long

films
>oh yeah, I saw Popstar last night it was sooo good. What? Tarkovsky? Why would I watch an old movie?

and it always ends with
> wow anon you're so smart, i'll just agree with you

I'M NOT EVEN SMART, I'M A FUCKING DUMBASS. I JUST WANT TO HEAR PEOPLES OPINIONS BUT THEY DON'T HAVE ANY REEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1467499267088.jpg (22 KB, 385x385) Image search: [Google]
1467499267088.jpg
22 KB, 385x385
>>29708305
I've been trying to get my Normie friends to watch stalker for 2 years

Needles to say that I wasn't successful with it
>>
>>29708348
ok thank god i`m not the only one with this feel.

Who do you talk to about this stuff? It really depresses me when I can't discuss any of my real interests besides Netflix and school.
>>
>>29708408
My oldest brother mostly, he's a decent man. I only have like 3 friends who I've known since day one, but they're all as normie as one can be.
Anyway, I get how you feel. It's almost absurd, isn't it ? I'm not intelligent, I'm a screw-up in most aspects. Nonetheless the normies consider me somekind of failed genius, although I've only failed without the genius-part.
>>
>You don't drink, you don't smoke, that's no fun, what do you even do? hAhAhhAh

>Hey look a friend sold me this jacket for $100, not bad for a Versace eh?

>Wouhou I just made $100, now I can pay my tab at the pub and get shitfaced.

>See you later buddy, oh and look at the beers I'm carrying, it's for the road, lot of traffic tonight. HAhAhHAhA

>Want to see a picture of my kid? 3 days old, already so cute eh?

Some of the bullshit I heard today. And they wonder why I'm antisocial.
OP, I don't even try anymore. You might consider yourself to be a dumbass but take a IQ test and I'm sure you'll be in the 120-140 range. You're surrounded by retards in comparison and are doomed to hate people.
>>
File: beatnikfrog.jpg (36 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
beatnikfrog.jpg
36 KB, 657x527
>>29708517
I wish I had a circle of friends like Kerouac & the Beats, or Hemingway & his "lost generation" in France.

Life would be amazing if I had a group of people to share and criticize ideas, but I guess that kind of behavior is seen as fedora-tier today
>>
File: 1460865274891.jpg (33 KB, 720x639) Image search: [Google]
1460865274891.jpg
33 KB, 720x639
This thread is the equivalent of all the le high IQ meme threads people used to post on /b/
>>
>>29708672
Hemingway was a drunk brute.

It's not that people dont have opinions and criticize other's opinions today. It's more than likely that you completely sperg out when you want to discuss your "ideas" and normies would rather change the subject or avoid you.
>>
>>29708408
>Who do you talk to about this stuff?

Nobody. I don't feel the need to share anymore. Watching a good movie or reading a good book is satisfying enough in itself. All my friends turned normies, and the non-normies ones I made over the years are hard to stay in touch with.
>>
File: 1466729131796.jpg (68 KB, 636x781) Image search: [Google]
1466729131796.jpg
68 KB, 636x781
>>29708672
It doesn't really matter man.
I have those few friends, and all we do is getting drunk in my friends room on weekends. There is no "intelligent conversation", only dwelling in memories of our "best times" while everything turns to shit slowly.

>>29708621
IQ isn't everything that matters. I've made a test a few months ago and scored 84 points, which is nigger-tier.
Nonetheless I speak 5 language almost fluently, read more books than most of the people in my age and am overall well educated. Not that anyone would give a fuck, or should give a fuck.
I just suck at math / am a lazy piece of shit which ruined my life, one might say.
>>
>>29708770
>It's more than likely that you completely sperg out

this may be true, sometimes I just end up lecturing while people listen. I always get the feeling that I am fucking up socially. can you give me any tips?
>>
>>29708841

Yeah ok, you're the literary type, IQ is not a good measure of your abilities. You got my point anyway. Most people who would score 84 points can't properly speak in their mother tongue.
>>
>>29708871

Bang your head on a wall 5 minutes a day. You should be decently retarded in a few months and will blend in perfectly.
>>
>>29708871
Conversations have a tempo, and a long winded exposition on a topic you're interested in throws the tempo off. Think of it like tennis. Rather than dribbling the ball in your court for 5 plus minutes, serve it to them after a sentence or two and see what their reply is.

And while they're replying don't think of what you're going to say next, actively listen to what they have to say, and your reply will be influenced by that. From there the conversation evolves and takes new directions.

Instead of
>Oh look, its anon again, don't bring up books around him, he'll talk about dickens until we leave.
>>
>>29708927
Gotcha, also most of them are good boys who dindu nuffin aight
>>
I used to think this way too. I preferred more obscure, plodding films and novels than most, and assumed I must've been vastly intellectually superior due to my peers' lack of interest.

Eventually, I took an IQ test. 115. Not a genius after all. I came to realize that art is wholly subjective, and enjoying something doesn't mean other people are obligated to enjoy it too.

Basically, learn to peer outside your own bubble and recognize the subjective nature of your beliefs. Preferring a certain type of media doesn't imply stupidity.
>>
>>29709046
Thank god someone else thinks this way.
>Watched Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy last night
>Followed by Happy Gilmore
>robots would crucify me for that because "muh intellectual superiority complex"
>>
>>29708305

Why is every normie so enthralled by Game of Thrones and other TV shows.

Anyone here like me who almost never sees movies or shows and just vidya, workout, and study things of interest or practical use?

I don't do sports, I don't do shows, I don't do movies, I don't do music. I can appreciate these things and don't have an aversion to them, I just find time for other activities.
>>
>>29708305
>"you're intelligent" reaction

I know this feel, OP. Every time somebody says it, I immediately feel alienated. Like they have no idea how stupid I feel most of the time.

Like they just want to write me off as "above their understanding" when I'm actually "not worth the effort".

My therapist told me at our first meeting that I have a beautiful mind and he was excited to figure out how I tick. I told him he's in for disappointment, that I feel subhuman most days.

Fucking hurts.
>>
>>29709107

Happy Gilmore is a masterpiece.

Enjoying movies made for retards (i.e. Hollywood mainstream movies) doesn't imply you're a retard. But if you don't enjoy any form of more obscure or convoluted movies / art in general, then you're a normie for sure.
>>
File: 4262426735.png (27 KB, 484x336) Image search: [Google]
4262426735.png
27 KB, 484x336
>everyone I know are simpering fools who don't appreciate the finer things in life like I do. They are too obsessed with pop culture and always follow the crowd unlike me. I'm special. I'm gifted. And I don't know what is worse. Having to be deep man in a world of shallow morons, or the fact that know one will ever acknowledge how deep, thoughtful, and intelligent I am.

t. Pretty much every millenial ever
>>
>>29709196

Yeah it's funny how normies immediately believe you're high IQ when they find out that you don't have the same normie interests as them. Like wow, not enjoying football or loud dimly lit parties is proof that I'm a genius?
>>
>>29708305
I tried out the normie meme for 2 weeks. They all kept up with pointless normie things that would be completely forgotten in 2 years. They viewed me as some kind of intellectual even though I'm average intelligence. I left the group because I disliked them all. I'd rather be lonely then have to deal with a bunch of normalfaggots.
>>
>>29709211
Plot twist
I am a normie. But just because you enjoy the convoluted things doesn't mean you're a robot. You can both be intelligent and functional in social situations. For example
>ENTJ
I almost never see E personality types on here.
>>
>>29709196

>My therapist told me at our first meeting that I have a beautiful mind

That his way of saying "blow me anon-kun".
>>
>>29709250
>OP called himself a dumbass
You lost this argument when you started it.
>>
>>29709250

Pretty much every person ever.
>>
>>29709283
ENTP/ENFP here I'm depressed though

>if you don't enjoy any form of more obscure or convoluted movies / art in general, then you're a normie for sure
the most abnormie people I know have literally zero hobbies and aren't interested in anything at all, the difference must lie somewhere else
>>
>>29709264
On the plus side.. my new anti-depressant makes me emotionally flat while I adjust, which has worked to my advantage.

Tons of college girls came by my work today, tourist season, and I literally couldn't not be cool. I've never received so many compliments in a day.

(Tall, attractive, anxiety usually throws a wrench in my game. It's true, good looks + spergy silence makes you "interesting, collected" whereas average guys are judged for it) it was a sad revelation, people like me more when I shut the fuck up.
>>
>>29708517
>normies consider me somekind of failed genius
this is the worst kind of feel
>>
File: 1462760465886.png (77 KB, 399x349) Image search: [Google]
1462760465886.png
77 KB, 399x349
I know that feel. I tried to recommend a person a black and white movie a few days ago and they said that they have trouble watching them because they always fall asleep.

I hate thinking it just as much as I hate saying it because only a self-absorbed sperg would think like this, but sometimes I feel like everybody I talk to is an idiot.
>>
>>29709286
He also recommended a book and, I fucking promise you, said "it's all about how only love between a patient and therapist can bring about healing, which is kind of true but not why I recommend it"

I gave him a really confused look, he smiled, moved right along.

But guy is very christian, only doubt I have there. I would call him on it otherwise.
>>
>>29709317
YOUR PERSONALITY LIES TYPE LIES AMONG THE LIKES OF ALEXANDER THE GREAT AND NIKOLA TESLA, GREATNESS AWAITS YOU! DO NOT FEEL THAT LIFE OWES YOU HAPPINESS! GRAB LIFE AND SQUEEZE THE HAPPINESS OUT OF IT! BELIEVE IN THE ME WHO BELIEVES IN YOU!
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 313x325) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 313x325
>watches films
>thinks he's smart
>>
>>29709283

There are smart normies indeed. But I'm not sure if they are truly normies inside. You can't judge a book by its cover after all.
>>
>>29709390
this desu
anime is the intellectual's medium of choice
>>
>>29709299

No the part about being intelligent, but the part about everyone being "shallow" and "having no opinions" because they don't feel to set themselves apart by talking about all the obscure things they like.

There are so many special snowflakes out there who desperately want to stand out from the crowd, and ironically, they all post the same bullshit on social media just like OP's post.

It's getting to the point where you see this sentiment so often, you have to wonder whether its a parody or not.
>>
>>29709359
>Art is subjective
>2001 puts me right the fuck to sleep.

Some people might not like black and white. I personally like them because I grew up on Cary Grant movies. But I have friends who hate them.
>>
>>29709401
Maybe being a normie is all subjective.
>Would you be a normie among a population of all robots?
>Maybe we're all a little normie and a little robot
>I mean, maybe people aren't 2D personalities that fit into one of two categories.
>>
>>29709385
>But guy is very christian

That would be another red flag to me. Repressed sexuality and looking for salvation. Anyhow, I wouldn't care as long as he does a good job. It's just funny to think about.
>>
>>29709422
It's more they want to watch things with value. For example the average marvel movie will be out dated in ten years because it is made to be succesful now for profit. This is shown by it only relying on special effects and current trends. However a movie like taxi driver or apocalypse now is still good today because it was made to have value instead of to make a profit. Sometimes the movies i watch and music i listen to is considered "obscure" like Tarkovsky, or sometimes its "mainstream" like tarantino, either way I watch them not to feel different from the rest but to watch something of value.
>>
>>29709482
He's bent a few rules prescribing my meds, given me abusable stuff that works better despite my confessed substance abuse issues.

I told him I'll do anything to turn my life around, he's pretty cool.

The penis inspection was a little awkward, but I dunno how diagnosis works.
>>
>>29709460

For sure. I don't think I could even come up with a good definition of what a normie is anyway.

Apparently I'm 50% normie scum, 40% chad, 10% robot. http://www.allthetests.com/quiz31/quiz/1414451972/Are-you-normie-scum
>>
>>29709608
Last sentence is a little joke, my mother found it funny. I'm in a bad place and r9k is an oasis, anon.

Nobody ever told me what titrating anti-depressants does to you, I've had 2 psychotic episodes and a drunken suicide attempt in 2 weeks. Feels bad, man.
>>
The message isn't about intellectual superiority.

It's about wanting to communicate with others about ideas you find subjectively interesting. It just so happens that mainstream media provides a commonground for everyone to discuss, but each person gets a different amount of subjective enjoyment out of it ranging from complete disinterest to borderline "autistic" levels of devotion in that a hardcore sports fan could tell you the jersey number of a retired player who hasn't been on the scene in 42 years as well as that athlete's favorite condiment.

I'm fine with people liking mainstream media, but I'm tired of being ostracized for not being interested in it as well. It's like as soon as you mention an uncommon interest or hobby, a flag shoots up in their head that says "avoid" at all costs.

At the end of the day, I suppose I'm guilty of doing the same thing in regards to normiecore media. I just hate the fact that our collective choices in media and entertainment have left us with a world where a word longer than 3 syllables has to be sounded out and even then is almost borderline unpronounceable for most people. I was in an ethics class where not one person could pronounce "utilitarianism" without fucking it up at least 3 times with some people just flat out refusing to read it and skipping over it when asked to pronounce the word or clarify their reasoning. There is no way to win.
>>
>>29709615
Maybe the rise of the robots is upon us.
>>
>>29709615
I just took that and am 100% chad. Why am I still here.
>>
>>29709658
Tl;dr, totally unironically.

Am I beyond saving, anon?
>>
File: 1466079999505.jpg (44 KB, 374x363) Image search: [Google]
1466079999505.jpg
44 KB, 374x363
>tfw no one wants to discuss quantum electrodynamics with you
>>
>>29709658
>It's like as soon as you mention an uncommon interest or hobby, a flag shoots up in their head that says "avoid" at all costs.

Thanks for your insight into the inner workings of normie brains. The flag that would shoot up in my head is "nice, someone interesting, I might learn something today". People must really think I'm nuts, even though they don't know the weirdest half of my hobbies.
>>
>>29710035

Wait till you get a job in that field, then you'll be surrounded by no-lifes who only talk about that.
>>
>>29708305
>tfw no one ever wants to have an actual discussion
What's the point?
>I can`t tell if my friends are all dumbassess or if i`m a jackass
You have friends? Get out normie. No seriously, you ARE the normie. Why would you even talk about normies like you're not part of them.
>books
>> sorry anon, I havent read anything in soo long
Reading fiction is for nerds. I read a lot, of course. But none of it is fiction.
>films
>>oh yeah, I saw Popstar last night it was sooo good. What? Tarkovsky? Why would I watch an old movie?
Is this /tv/? You can't expect everyone to have the same interests as you. It's like if I made fun of you for being bad at (let's say) mathematics, because it's clearly an important and fun thing but you just don't see it. Watching random creepy old experimental Russian films is like doing mathematics for normies.
>and it always ends with
>> wow anon you're so smart, i'll just agree with you
>I'M NOT EVEN SMART, I'M A FUCKING DUMBASS. I JUST WANT TO HEAR PEOPLES OPINIONS BUT THEY DON'T HAVE ANY REEEEEEEEEE
You hang out with the wrong crowd. I talked to people before who were so retarded I couldn't believe they were actual functioning adults. So I ditched them and now I'm alone.
>>
>>29710035
Dude it is always a fucking cringefest when you find someone that understands anything about physics or computers, you are not missing anything.
>>
>tfw too smart to talk with normies
>tfw too dumb to talk with actual intelligent people
What do I do?
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.