[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's the self improvement gone anons? I was 220 at 5'8
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: 1463105821855.jpg (67 KB, 617x449) Image search: [Google]
1463105821855.jpg
67 KB, 617x449
How's the self improvement gone anons?
I was 220 at 5'8 at the the beginning of the year I'm 189 now hoping to be 170 by late October and early November I feel great
>>
>>29706411
Hey good on you for actually making an effort to improve yourself rather than just complaining like 99% of this board.
>>
>>29706411
have gone up from 117lbs to 136lbs
feels good man desu
>>
>>29706411
good for you anon
>4th of July bbq
>weeks of self restraint: gone
>>
File: well-00009.jpg (84 KB, 476x505) Image search: [Google]
well-00009.jpg
84 KB, 476x505
I didn't binge eat yesterday, I sort of binge ate today but I rode my bike for 20 miles and burned off most of it. I'm not really in danger of overeating either. I think I finally have a system down that actually works.
>>
>220 at 5'11
>Hate myself for being obese
>Hate myself for continually giving up to fix that
>>
>>29707514
Go for a walk. 30 minutes of walking burns hundreds of calories and makes it way easier to lose weight.
>>
I'm proud of you man. Calorie cutting, or exercise as well?
Former fatbot here, first 40 lbs are the hardest
>>
>>29707514
Take this man's (>>29707557) advice. Seriously, cutting a little junk food from your diet and walking up and down a hill for half an hour every day will cut those pounds right off in no time.
>>
>>29706411
190 to 170 to 190 again

How'd you loose weight? Just working out?
>>
>>29707557
>>29707589
I was doing well with running - getting close to an hour walking/running intervals. Got a shin splint, still haven't gotten back to it after it healed months ago.

Oh, and props to you, OP.
>>
Nonexistent. I don't know how to improve other than getting a mimimum wage job. And that's not happening. Forever stagnant.
>>
>>29707606
you need a lifestyle change.
>working construction
>able to keep off 40 lbs + maintain muscle mass
>>
>>29707606
Working out builds muscles and endurance. Cardio burns calories, which in turn burns fat. A calorie restricted diet with 30 minutes of walking every day will make you quickly lose weight, but if you want to keep the weight off you need to start eating better.
Eating a bag of chips will fill you up for a bit, but it has barely any nutrition and it's almost all carbs, so you'll end up getting the urge to eat later, even though you just ate like 1000+ calories of food.
You'll want to start eating foods like chicken, beef, eggs, and other foods high in lipids or protein. Consider this, a can of soda is like 200 calories. A single breast of chicken is around 150 calories. The chicken breast will fill you up for a while, the soda will just raise your blood sugar, which may cause you to get HUNGRIER.

Some things I've found that help
>Daily exercise
>Making your goal every day to not overeat (don't focus on the long term just take it a day at a time)
>Stop eating near your computer
>Buy foods you need to prepare
>Avoid easy to make food (TV dinners, Mac and Cheese, chips, etc.)
>Stop drinking calories

>>29707655
Don't run. You're fat. Just go for walks. You can start working on running after you lose some weight.
>>
Down from 220 to 190 since March

I was 270 in October 2014 (and probably higher at one point, I never weighed myself when I was a teenager) and made my way down to 220 by March 2015, but I ended up giving up and only maintaining for a whole year. I'm a manlet so I'm just under obese BMI now, feels weird.

The rest of my life is a trainwreck but I find not being a gigantic fatass who is doing nothing but getting worse has helped my confidence which will hopefully translate to some real progress.
>>
Started doing pushups again. I want to work myself back up to 10 sets of 100 a day. Planks and side planks, too. I have no problem holding those for two minutes now. Weight hasn't changed much (110>113 lbs), but it's something. Reading Don Quixote. Learning French. Practicing writing and using utensils with my left hand. Studying for the MCAT. Still smoking cigs, but I haven't smoked pot in like a month, and I think the break has been good for me. Been eating a bunch of fruit daily instead of just living on bread rolls and leftovers all summer, and I feel tangibly better from that. Things are looking up.
>>
I'm still trying to figure myself out. I've been studying topics of interest to me, trying to make an income off my hobby (game designing/programming), really just trying to forge my own path ahead.

I hope to get into exercising, soon. I exercised regularly a year ago after being tired of having borderline-obesity (6'3 @ 235 +-5 lbs), and I managed to lose some weight pretty easily, and have kept it off despite being sedentary (now I am 6'3 @ 212 +-2 lbs).

It's hard. I'm depressed often, mostly due to my living situation, but I'm slowly but surely digging myself out of this hole. I firmly believe what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
>>
>>29706411
I've been failing miserably at diets recently for a while now, but for some reason my excessive appetite has mysteriously vanished and I can finally eat reasonable amounts of food.

I was about 180lbs a year ago, went down to 145 in 2 months, and I ended up staying at that weight until now.
I seem to be losing about 2-3lbs per week but I'm aiming for about 110lbs because of my height + body frame

hopefully I won't fail again
>>
>>29707745
By the way, exercise can be something as simple as a daily walk. You don't have to go to the gym or do anything hard.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1650x388) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1650x388
my progress has been miserably slow. while i have been a bad boy, drinking, smoking pot, not dieting properly, i will still give 6 scooby snacks to whoever can guess the amount of years between these

i fell for the natty meme, and fell for the bulking and cutting meme multiple times. i am 19
>>
File: 546656546544.jpg (51 KB, 736x414) Image search: [Google]
546656546544.jpg
51 KB, 736x414
Hey sorry I left the thread since it wasn't getting attention
OP Here here's what I've done
>cut out soda
>just eat less food
>walk/jog a mile a day
It's okay for you to give in once in a while I've done it too just watch your calories honestly and drink water I drink 4-5bottles a day
If you want a new taste i drink vitamin water not sure how bad/good it is for you though
Just remember it isn't impossible and the end result is so much better.
>>
>>29706411

Went down from 182 lbs. at 5'7 to 152 lbs. I didn't even do anything that radical. Just what >>29707974 said with a few extra steps:

>whole wheat instead of white flour
>no more fatty meats. Mostly poultry, fish, and for red meat I do bison or elk instead of beef
>cut down on drinking significantly (from 1-2 a day to 1-2 a week)
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.