[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>in a relationship with girl since early 2008 >started
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1467569942164.jpg (414 KB, 1111x1111) Image search: [Google]
1467569942164.jpg
414 KB, 1111x1111
>in a relationship with girl since early 2008
>started bringing up marriage every now and then about three years ago
>she's usually evasive
>last time she just brushed me off with a "We'll see"
>decided this morning that all the stress has made me lose interest in her and I can dump her with minimal damage

I'm going to be single again in about an hour. Wish me luck robots.
>>
holy shit you're fucking insane. seriously? just bring it up and tell her it's super important to her. did you not read the millions of threads of people begging to be in your situation?
>>
>>29704189
you're stupid, OP should dump this cumdumpster. Only reason she doesn't want marriage is because she's hoping for something better or has already found that something better.
>>
You're reading it wrong; it's op that's pressuring for marriage. She's passively refusing, so I'd say drop it already, pump and dump.
>>
>>29704151
Have you not discussed why she's not interested in marriage and you are? Maybe the ideological differences are easy to overcome.

>>29704208
Or she's against marriage for all the reasons robots are. Maybe OP doesn't want a prenup and she does. Maybe she sees no reason for the government to recognize their marriage. Depending on their state, they're probably already common law married anyway.
>>
File: 1463092446204.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1463092446204.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
go to /adv/ or /soc/, faggot
>>
So, here's what you need to do:

First, decide if being in a committed relationship, i.e. marriage, is something that you want rather than perpetually extending what you have now.

Second, if you decide that's what you want, bring up how you want a committed relationship with your girlfriend, and that you're not willing to spend time devoted to someone if she's not willing to be involved in a committed relationship with you. Ask her if she's willing to get married. If she says "not now", ask her when. Press her until you get a firm and specific answer from her.

If you're not happy with the answer she gives you, then break up with her.
>>
It's been 50 minutes now. any update OP?
>>
>>29704999
I left her apartment about 20 minutes ago. It was quick. A scab I knew I had to pull off. We didn't talk about the marriage thing for very long, though she did tell me the only thing I really needed to know ("You just aren't the one for me... I've known that for a long time"). It ended whenever she started to bring up memories from the past, I guess for closure or something. I just told her that I wasn't interested in pouring salt on the wound, told her goodbye, and left.

I just feel numbed right now. I don't know what kind of feelings will come later.
>>
What the fuck are you doing here normie?
Fuck off.
>>
File: 1414090037129.jpg (83 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1414090037129.jpg
83 KB, 720x960
>>29705312
Best of luck to you mate, it would've happened either way.
>>
It's good that you did what you did OP. The recovery may take a while, but you'll come back.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.