[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Uncommon Feels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1467571399899s.jpg (3 KB, 125x76) Image search: [Google]
1467571399899s.jpg
3 KB, 125x76
> Have two friends
> Known the first since childhood, known the second for only a few years

> Prefer hanging out with second friend
> Actually keep in touch, hang out occasionally, have similar interests, humor, etc
> Basically he's my best friend

> Barely keep in touch with first friend
> He's always the one reaching out to me
> Hanging out with him is ok but I can't shake the feeling that I would have a much better time with friend #2
> Feels like an obligation
> He considers me his best friend
> Worst of all his family knows me

The truth of it is that he and I were only friends due to mutual interests in childhood and we just hung out together over that. As time went on things changed, especially our senses of humour. I can joke with friend #2 over nothing for hours nonstop but I have to constantly think of things to talk about with friend #1.

It's like having a boring gf for years that you didn't like that much, then ditching her for some newer, hotter, way funnier one, and hiding their existences from each other.

Feels bad man.
>>
ITT: dull normie feels
>>
>>29702152
Also had this, but I lost touch with the boring friend when he went to college. The fun one got into anime tits and literally can't shut up about it, so maybe it's time to cut that one off as well.
>>
>>29702152

From personnal experience, the first friend may last longer than the other one.

It's just as you said, you both changed. Guess what? In the coming ten years, your life will change again. Maybe he'll get married or he'll become a monk. I don't know. Just don't throw the boring friend he is right now because it means losing the good friend he may be in 10 years.

Worst case is: he stays boring but you'll see him once a year because you both will be busy as fuck in 10 years, which is acceptable.
>>
>>29702500
>keep the first, boring friend
This is what I'd do too, but I'm not the best person to give advice like this because I've never had a lifelong friendship with anyone.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (321 KB, 920x1632) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
321 KB, 920x1632
>develop an intense emotional connection with someone in a short period of time in a unique situation
>she's the first person to force me to admit I'm not actually a bad person
>say goodbye to her knowing we'll never talk again
>stare at Facebook pictures of her and her daughter solemnly

I'm sure she made much more of a mark on me than I made on her. She's probably forgotten me by now.
>>
>best(only) friend bullies me
>was supposed to be a joke, but it hurt a lot
>talk about it with other "friend"
>other "friend" gets angry at best friend
>wants to have a talk with them tomorrow
>they are very good friends with each other
>feel like I fucked up their friendship
>feels bad
>>
if your entire group of friends consists of 2, you should probably hang on to the lesser 50%.
>>
>>29702152
Having friends is indeed an uncommon thing for me, actually its an unknown feel you fucking normo.
>>
>>29702152
Fuck off normie, holy shit.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.