[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If the great apes had a throat structure which allowed them to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: four.jpg (14 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
four.jpg
14 KB, 300x400
If the great apes had a throat structure which allowed them to taIk, would they be given rights?

I've always wondered about this. Obviously they'd be retard-tier in terms of intelligence, but I don't think we'd keep them in zoos if they could learn basic English and tell us they wanted to be free. Maybe the smartest chimps would fight for civil rights.
>>
i'm pretty sure this has already happened
>>
>>29701063
we've already taught gorillas sign language, and they've demonstrated surprising levels of intelligence, such as memories regarding the deaths of their parents as small children, remembering people they've met throughout their lives and expressive grief at their passing, etc.

we still don't give them rights, though. it's a comically arbitrary concept.
>>
>>29701096
i am proud of you
>>
>>29701063
They do know how to talk.
We just don't understand them since they're language is based on a complete different structure.
>>
File: 1467203955767.jpg (101 KB, 1024x904) Image search: [Google]
1467203955767.jpg
101 KB, 1024x904
>>29701063

most animals are too retarded to be called human or we should and would give them rights. but as of now no animal has surpassed 60 iq which is basically where the retard line is draw. 100 is average i think

pic unrelated but i just love that pic yum yum
>>
>>29701063
>If the great apes had a throat structure which allowed them to taIk, would they be given rights?

ooga booga mooga booga ooga!!
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_ape_personhood

tl;dr: great apes are already gaining a degree of rights internationally
>>
I'd rather parrots get rights before the apes. Parrots, most species, can speak and do know the meanings of the words they use in some cases. Can't in to syntax though.
>>
>>29701829
>100 is average I think
Hello dumdum
>>
>>29701063
They would say WE WUZ KANG KONG N SHIET
>>
unironically makes me think
they would definitely gain civil rights
>>
>>29701096
Sensible chuckle

Poopy
>>
>>29701063

There are several countries in Africa with average IQs that are considered in the range of mild mental retardation, <75

These include Equatorial Guinea, with an average IQ of 59, and Ethiopia, with an average IQ of 63.

If these people are considered humans, no reason why intelligent chimps and shit can't be.
>>
>>29701139
I was amazed that this made it past the bot... then I realized most people here have never heard that phrase.
>>
>>29703400

bloxbloxbloxbloxboxboxlxbxobxox
>>
>>29701139
>>29701096
Your implicit prejudice hasn't gone unnoticed. I'll be watching you
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.