[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I seriously fucking hate """""agnostics"""""".
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_4547.jpg (1 MB, 1608x1687) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4547.jpg
1 MB, 1608x1687
I seriously fucking hate """""agnostics"""""".

They're just pussies who are afraid of theists that will ride their ass if they're complete atheists. You're either an atheist, or a theist. Pick one.

"b-but there may n-not or may be a g-g-god"
Your disbelief in God shows me that you're an atheist. Congratulations, you're an atheist. If you lean to the maybe a God part of the sentence, you're a theist. Fucking pick a side and stop using this autistic word. These retards have ruined this word.
>>
This is such bait, but must give my agnostic opinion.

Atheism is the arrogant belief that one knows there is no God, which cannot be proved.
Theism is the foolish belief that there is a God, which cannot be proved.

Agnosticism is accepting that absent an ability to prove things one way or another, there is soundness in not professing to know the answer.
>>
>>29699312
Stop labelling things man, its CURRENT YEAR
>>
>>29699312
>Fucking pick a side
Why does it matter so much to you that people have to be on a certain "side"?
>>
>>29699312
How about I pick: I don't give a fuck. It wouldn't make an inch of a difference in my life if I believed in god or not. Let people have their own beliefs. Why should I get involved in the religion debate?
>>
>>29699465
Because he has a fragile sense of self, and views things outside his understanding as a threat.
>>
>>29699312
gnostic theism is thinking there's no god
agnostic theism is leaning towards thinking there's probably a god
agnostic atheism is thinking there's probably no god
gnostic atheism is thinking there's no god

I'm a gnostic theist myself. There could very well be a god in my opinion, but I'm not certain which one or if any religions even have it right, at the risk of sounding trite.
>>
>>29699500
Fuck, I meant gnostic theism is knowing there IS a god.
>>
lmao who fucking cares you are just as bad as mudslimes

lmao you actively get mad at ppl for no reason
>>
Nice try you russian
>>
>>29699499
Who says they view something as a threat because they don't understand it? I personally don't even care about this topic itself, but that doesn't mean I'm against it.

Also, why does that mean I have a fragile sense of self. I just firmly belive that I don't need to have strong feelings towards something I personally find arbitrary.

I am not saying I'm an "agnostic", or whatever. It could be about any topic. I'm just asking why you think you need to have a set opinion on anything and everything, otherwise you apparently have no personality.
>>
>>29699623
> I just firmly believe that I don't need to have strong feelings towards something I personally find arbitrary

You're not the one spouting things like:

>" I seriously fucking hate """""agnostics""""""."

OP finds this issue pretty far from arbitrary, it seems.

> I'm just asking why you think you need to have a set opinion on anything and everything, otherwise you apparently have no personality.

Never said that. That's a separate conclusion you arrived to.
>>
The whole fact that you label yourself an atheist or an agnostic says a lot about you.

My parents and me and most my relatives don't believe in God and aren't religious at all. My father doesn't even know the word atheist, or agnostic, you know? They just don't care. They don't label themselves to fit in with other people
>>
>I'm agnostic

>Agnostic theist or agnostic atheist?

This is how to get their jimmies to maximum overrustle
>>
>>29699951
It's also a perfectly valid question because theist-atheist answers to "do you believe in God y/n?" while gnostic-agnostic answers "are you sure y/n?"

Only announcing your gnosticism does nothing
>>
I agree with you OP. People who say they're agnostic generally are just scared of how theists view them to the point where they feel the need to adopt a less "radical" term to describe themselves. Also I wish people would fuck off with the whole "It's arrogant to claim there ISNT a god when you don't know that, therefore calling yourself an atheist is ignorant" argument. I can call myself whatever the fuck I want. I think there probably isn't a god, Ive seen absolutely no proof that there is one therefore Im an atheist.
>>
>>29699784
Why do you give the label that much power over you, it doesn't actually change anything.
>>
I'm a deist.
>>
>>29699419
>which cannot be proved
only if you use empirism in an improper way.
not being able to properly "go and see" that something is real or not, doesn't suffice to suppose it might be real.
"I can't be sure X isn't real so it might be". that means that you're ignoring rational thought and supposing that Anything and everything is real everywhere in any way at any time.
If every space in existance is potentially equally occupied by anything, every single thing is real, and if everything is real, nothing is.
Somewhere in the universe there is a standard checkered board, the colours of the alternating squares are black and white. if we suppose that, since we haven't seen it, every square is equally black as it is white, the board is no longer divided in squares, it is one, large, gray plank. If all squares are equally every possibility, then there are no squares.
Simply put, no empiric proof doesn't suffice to give something the benifit of the doubt, especially when applying rational thought to scientific absolutes is enough to be sure that "God" either isn't real, or exists in a form so different from what we understand, that he no longer corresponds to the term "God"
>>
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 248x203) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 248x203
Maybe you should fuck off and let other people label themselves.
>>
File: smoking.jpg (101 KB, 700x1024) Image search: [Google]
smoking.jpg
101 KB, 700x1024
Devils proof motherfucker
>>
Don't give shittery opinions and post pics of qt buns. It slanders buns and makes retards think buns are capable of anything but cute hops and nose twitches.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.