[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Charish the NEET life while you can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 20160630_155732.jpg (706 KB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
20160630_155732.jpg
706 KB, 4000x3000
I'm taking my first bath in 3 days right now, this is the first time I've had permanent accommodation in 3 days too. Last night I played homeless simulator 2016 and slept inside an outdoor shopping mall and the day before that slept in torrential rain in a shitty tent that couldn't hold up, with no flat ground and no dry clothes. My feet look like I switched with my grandma and they hurt like fucking crazy after wearing wet boots and socks for 48 hours. Between the last 2 days I've had about 3 hours sleep. I never thought I could hate rain, not in a million years, but you better fucking believe I do now. I used to like cold weather too, but even if you're wearing multiple layers the cold wind will cut through them like a knife since your body craves a certain warmth when it's ready to sleep.

I was getting really sick of being a NEET and told myself travel and the outdoors would be so much more exciting and uplifting than my current situation, I lurked on /out/ for about a month jizzing my pants about taking the world head on and making a challenge for myself and then packed my shoulder-destroying 80L backpack full of dumb shit I wouldn't need and set out.

I'm so homesick for my bed, my PC, and a a sheltered house to watch the rain from a safe distance right now. Never take easy living for granted my niggers. That said though I recommend anyone suffering from depression and anxiety take a big trip out their comfort zone, it is helping me a lot mentally.

Shout out to the lads in Rabbit, I miss chilling with you guys watching Tales From the Crypt.
>>
File: Mango tities.jpg (60 KB, 458x648) Image search: [Google]
Mango tities.jpg
60 KB, 458x648
What series of events led to you being homeless?
>>
File: 1433280083465.jpg (14 KB, 444x332) Image search: [Google]
1433280083465.jpg
14 KB, 444x332
>>29697716
I think about doing this a lot. Read about this guy to help you through the hard times.
http://www.abc.net.au/local/photos/2015/05/15/4236612.htm
>>
>>29697735
I still have a home, at the other side of the country. But me and my 2 friends arranged a stay at this rural farm where we'd do work in exchange for food and board and the host decided we weren't trustworthy enough to stay on the farm when she wasn't there and kicked us out fucking up our schedule. My friends fuck around a lot.
>>
>>29697763
Thanks friend. You really should go for it, I'm suffering but I'm no longer really unhappy or overly anxious. I'm gonna have to be honest though, I couldn't do this alone.
>>
>>29697844
You have a travel companion?
>>
>>29697933
I'm with 2 Americans I met on Skype a long time ago
>>
That sounds like an interesting story. Care to share some more?
How did you make enough money for this trip as a NEET?
>>
>>29697716
I admire your willingness to throw yourself out into the world like this. I'm mostly a homebody. I'm addicted to the internet (and I'm a drunk to boot). I kind of wish that I could summon the willingness to consult our /out/ colleagues and then set up camp in some national park. Even an ill considered road trip to Mexico a la Kerouac might not be too bad at this point.

At any rate, carry on bro.
>>
>>29698028
I met them through something one heard about me in an online community. He heard that we both share a really unique fetish which he was insecure about and needed to talk to someone about it for validation, and through him I met the 2 others in the group. 2 of them have autism and me and the fetishish guy are both very depressed. We'd been talking for like 6 months when he proposed that he wanted to travel Europe since he was really tired and stressed out with his studies. I asked my mom if I could have the cash to go, to which she said yes but they decided to come to the UK to eliminate some of the cost for me, and so now we're traveling Scottland. I'm not rich by any standard, I just hardly ever see my mom and she cares a lot and helps me out when I need stuff since I'm still pretty young and had to take time out of education.
>>
>>29698065
Thanks! I'm in exactly the same boat as you, I can't spent more than minutes at home without using the Internet even if I'm idly staring at the screen, just without the alcohol problem. I managed to get the courage to do it because I found peeps I could trust and fall back on. I hope you get around to doing it, Mexico would make for an awesome trip
>>
>>29697716
>Shout out to the lads in Rabbit, I miss chilling with you guys watching Tales From the Crypt.
I miss you too my fellow NEET
>>
>>29698126
Huh. Exactly how young are you? Where are you at the moment? Don't you think that the time out will leave a mark on your education?
What are your plans now? For how long are you going to travel?
>>
I'm cherishing my married neet life with the added security of having a wife who earns 100k. Feels good man.
>>
>>29698336
I'm 20, I'm already far behind on my education, but it's important I return to college in the right state of mind. I plan on traveling for 2 months
>>
>>29698429
Alright, fair enough. I hope you have a good time, this sounds really exciting.
Also telling us to cherish our confort won't do it as it takes experiencing something like this yourself in order to appreciate what you have.
Also, are you from England?
>>
>>29698581
Yep, North West. And I get that, hopefully a few other robots will follow suit and see for themselves
>>
>>29697716
>That said though I recommend anyone suffering from depression and anxiety take a big trip out their comfort zone, it is helping me a lot mentally.
"I did something that made me cold, tired, uncomfortable, and absolutely miserable, I highly recommend everyone do it"
I don't understand people like you
>>
>>29697716
Would love a greentext of the story, op
>>
>>29699201
Cumbria? Love that place, i hike there a lot. Newcastle here was thinking of living wild either in Cumbria or Northumberland
>>
>>29699386
Yup, it's absolutely serene out here. We got to stay in a wood gypsy caravan with a log fire surrounded by the hills and wildlife on our last stay, it was pretty amazing. Problem right now is the rain, it hasn't let up for one day since we got here.
>>
>>29699250
Depression and discomfort are 2 whole different ballparks. Depression isn't just being sad, you have to experience it first to know really
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>29697716
This content in the subject field is an excellent piece of advice.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.