[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Normie solutions to wanting to kill yourself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9
File: 1465326927232.jpg (134 KB, 554x527) Image search: [Google]
1465326927232.jpg
134 KB, 554x527
https://reddit.com/r/socialanxiety/comments/4qo5xe/thinking_of_suicide_everyday/
>DUDE CALL A SUICIDE HOTLINE SO THE COPS CAN TAKE YOU TO THE LOONY BIN AGAINST YOUR WILL LMAO SURELY THIS WILL IMPROVE YOUR SITUATION IN LIFE
>DUDE GO TRAVEL THE WORLD AND INTERACT WITH PEOPLE EVEN THOUGH THE ENTIRE REASON YOU WANT TO KILL YOURSELF IS BECAUSE YOU CAN'T DO THE SIMPLEST OF SOCIAL INTERACTIONS LMAO
>DUDE IT GETS BETTER LMAO I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT YOU OR YOUR SITUATION BUT ACCEPT MY PATRONIZING, BASELESS STATEMENT AS FACT ANYWAY LOL
>>
File: 1390182937416.jpg (46 KB, 280x281) Image search: [Google]
1390182937416.jpg
46 KB, 280x281
>>29697364
>Feeling suicidal? Good. The world is now your oyster.
>>
File: Makoto giggle.gif (423 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Makoto giggle.gif
423 KB, 500x281
>>29697364

>Just think of how bad your life could be. Just look at all those war torn countries.
>>
Killing yourself is just another futile act in a life full of futile acts, nonexistence cannot be demonstrated to be preferable to existence. Those are the two real reasons to not do it.
>>
>>29697432
This is a great way of thinking of it.
>>
>>29697364
>DUDE GO TRAVEL THE WORLD AND INTERACT WITH PEOPLE EVEN THOUGH THE ENTIRE REASON YOU WANT TO KILL YOURSELF IS BECAUSE YOU CAN'T DO THE SIMPLEST OF SOCIAL INTERACTIONS LMAO
Somebody who tried this reporting.
Don't do this, ever.
The first night you get back and realize that you have no money and are in the same situation you were months ago will almost make you swallow the entire bottle.
>>
>>29697364
>turn to your friends, that's what they're there for
>>
>>29697472
>nonexistence cannot be demonstrated to be preferable to existence.
>le "YOU CANT PROVE IT" meme
>le "YOU CANT PROVE GOD EXISTS BUT YOU CANT PROVE HE DOESNT, IM AGNOSTIC" meme
>le "THE SKY LOOKS BLUE... BUT IM GONNA NEED IT CONFIRMED BY A RELIABLE SOURCE" meme

You're just as bad as the fucking normies.
>>
>>29697491
Only if you're a normalfag piece of shit who has never felt depression in his life.
>>
>>29697491
I was being sarcastic. That's one of the dumbest pieces of anti-suicide "advice" I've ever seen.
>>
>>29697364
Reminder that redditors can't be robots and going to Reddit immediately turns you into a normie
>>
File: 1464105857703.gif (103 KB, 368x290) Image search: [Google]
1464105857703.gif
103 KB, 368x290
>>29697364
>going on reddit
>calls others normies
>>
File: 1466420607404.jpg (239 KB, 1044x770) Image search: [Google]
1466420607404.jpg
239 KB, 1044x770
>>29697550
>Pretending to know things
>>
>>29697597
And a tripfag would?
>>
>>29697597
You posted your face and hair in that one "long hair" thread. You're disgusting, greasy, and ugly. Literally go die.
>>
>>29697432
thanks mr mersault
>>
File: MTE5NDg0MDU1MTUzMTE2Njg3.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NDg0MDU1MTUzMTE2Njg3.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
Here's a normie solution to wanting to kill yourself that actually works alright sometimes for acute urges. From Chad Dickens described in a letter from Van Gogh to his brother:
>Every day I take the remedy that the incomparable Dickens prescribes against suicide. It consists of a glass of wine, a piece of bread and cheese and a pipe of tobacco. It isn't complicated, you'll tell me, and you don't think that my melancholy comes close to that place, however at moments---
>>
>>29697456
That's actually such a shallow way of looking at things.
You really have to take a moment to appreciate the amazing phenomenon that everything, in the end, just boils down to triggering a favorable chemical reaction in your brain, and whether it takes the most expensive luxuries or a game with sticks and stones, the richer person is the one who can find joy in what he has.
>>
File: 61wHP3G.jpg (276 KB, 1754x1240) Image search: [Google]
61wHP3G.jpg
276 KB, 1754x1240
>>29697472
>>29697597
>nonexistence cannot be demonstrated to be preferable to existence
And vice versa, you are a fool to compare these metaphysical things void of meaning with words like "preferable", which already imply a human observer.

You are not making a point, you, like any human observer are just pointing your opinion on whether you personally think living is better than dying. Presenting your opinions as universal facts makes you look like a huge faggot.

Also, nonexistence is not the same thing as dying, because in order to die, one must exist in the first place.
>>
Well you haven't killed yourself yet so there must be a reason. Nobody knows why you're being such a pussy bitch so what else can people say?
>>
>>29697814
Survival instinct and fear of death.
>>
Well, I guess you could try considering the fact that suicide won't actually solve the problem. All it is is letting the problem beat you.
Nothing gets any better if you kill yourself; the problem just goes somewhere else and makes another innocent person's life hell.

At least, that's what I think to myself if I ever feel a slight urge. Then I just drown myself in work so that I don't have enough time to think about it.
>>
>>29697571
Look around you--this very fucking board is normie central. It's a Reddit colony for normies to congregate and laugh at the mentally-ill like you'd laugh at animals in the zoo. I thought going to some niche subreddit might put me in the company of people I can relate to, but lo and behold, this is the kind of bullshit I see.

/r9k/ is normie central full of tripfags, """""fembots,""""" and Reddit migrants. Plebbit is normie central with everything bad about this place turned up to eleven. Social Anxiety Support forums are normie central full of attention-whoring sluts whining about how "women can have social anxiety, too!" while mentioning their boyfriend in the same breath without even a hint of self-awareness, little teenage normies, and the maybe one or two people who actually have social anxiety have caved under the weight of all of the above. What's left? Group therapy? The loony bin? Where can I find people who genuinely have social anxiety disorder that aren't normies or women looking for attention?
>>
>>29697672
>Was rated a 7 in one of those 'soc' threads.
Hehe.
>>29697751
You don't know anything either. We could, or me anyway because I don't know if you exist, have been dead three seconds ago. Blah blah blah.
>>
>>29697842
>the fact that suicide won't actually solve the problem
There is certainly an angle from which suicide does appear to solve the problem.
To talk about "the problem" in some objective way is quackery, given that's it's something entirely subjective in and of itself.
>My life has been suffering. Death ends the suffering.
There. You cannot refute this, because it's an entirely subjective perception and as such cannot be refuted.
>>
>>29697854
>going to reddit will make me less of a redditor
sure thing LE EPIC ROBOT XXDXDD
UPVOTED
>>
>>29697873
If you thought I didn't exist, why would you bother responding? Also, I don't know anything because forming an objective view on highly theoretical and subjective things is impossible. I just acknowledge the fact, unlike you in your previous post.
>>
>>29697814
I literally am just waiting for my mom to die (which will be pretty soon because she has a terminal illness).
>>
>>29697944
>Why do people talk to themselves
>Why do suicidal people go on living
>Why can't people stop habits
Also you seem to be
>Implying there is such a thing as choice
People, if the world is as it appears to be , just react. They are programmed it seems to react at early ages, so the loss of faith is of no real consequence.. philosophy is of no real consequence.
>>
>>29698051
>>Implying there is such a thing as choice
I didn't imply such a thing.
Also, I didn't ask any significant "why" questions. I just explained why I think you were an idiot.

I'd love to talk more with you, drop your email/whatever the fuck people use nowadays if you want.
>>
>>29697896
I get what you're saying. In the end, no one person is going to have a method that will work for everyone. You just need to keep looking at it from different angles until you find one that works for you.

Another way I think about it is that, even though it's unlikely, there's still a small chance that everything will improve in the future. If I end it now, how will I ever know if it does? I might have just thrown away a chance at seeing everything take a turn for the better. Even if it doesn't, we'll all die eventually.
>>
>>29697432
this

They're telling someone who doesn't find joy in anything that he can do anything he wants

what kind of logic is that?
>>
File: 1461762286377.jpg (114 KB, 661x749) Image search: [Google]
1461762286377.jpg
114 KB, 661x749
>>29697364

>goes on reddit
>goes on something using the words "socialanxiety"
>waaahhh theres normalfags

Fuck off dumb normalfag

If that place is so good stay there, and don't bother bringing its SJW shit back here
>>
>>29698136
Making throw away email is hard work now days. And the more apps you have on an Android the slower it is. And stuff. Sorry.
>>
File: rsryg.png (241 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
rsryg.png
241 KB, 500x370
>>29697364
>>SO THE COPS CAN TAKE YOU TO THE LOONY BIN AGAINST YOUR WILL

>mfw you have to pay them to take you against your own will

The system is evil, if you fall out of line they still milk you of what little you have and pretend they're helping you, a mental hospital is really just a way to hide you away from the normal people so they don't have to look at you

It's not to help you it's to help them
>>
>>29698333
>a mental hospital is really just a way to hide you away from the normal people so they don't have to look at you
i've never been admitted despite having a serious mental illness because i agree with you for the most part and value my freedom and would rather kill myself if it came down to that, but i've concluded they serve two purposes:
>preventing people from suicide/homicide/etc. i think you must be completely stupid if your best coping method is getting watched by a nurse. but that's reality for some people.
>getting people into the mental health system and onto drugs. i've always had a psychiatrist i could meet with tomorrow, prescription treatment, and a prn to escape all danger. but if you don't have those hospitalization is not a bad way to get started, though it's probably worse than any ways
also note that if you qualify for medicaid (within 138% of federal poverty level) they will cover your hospital expenses even if it's from up to 90 days before you signed up
>>
>>29697364
>doesn't know how to use a bank or what to do in a hospital
>LE JUST GO TO ANOTHER COUNTRY BRO

holy shit
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.