[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Self help and Self Improvement thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: Untitled18.jpg (282 KB, 1024x742) Image search: [Google]
Untitled18.jpg
282 KB, 1024x742
ITT help each other get out of the hole and start to become successful, happy men.
>>
>>29696419

>Lift weights
>Masturbate less ( 3 times a week or less)
>Get a hobby
>>
>>29696464
What's your hobby m8? Where did you learn to into /fit/?
>>
File: 1467239475501.jpg (25 KB, 480x438) Image search: [Google]
1467239475501.jpg
25 KB, 480x438
Go to church. Protestant churches don't count.
>>
File: redpill or bluepill.jpg (15 KB, 198x182) Image search: [Google]
redpill or bluepill.jpg
15 KB, 198x182
you guys got any good redpills? not
>le women are whores
>le just do it
>le exercise and sun and water
>>
>>29696512

God exists. Once you come to terms with this fact everything in life starts to make sense.
>>
>>29696529
God is the sun.
>>
>>29696529
This. People want to hop on the atheism bandwagon to feel enlightened and above the masses, yet they do so without understanding anything about the basic tenants of Christianity.

Seriously guys, even if you're not a christfag, read a Bible. Full of wisdom and insight, you'd be surprised at what you'll learn (even if you don't believe).
>>
>>29696488
Churches are hit or miss in my opinion. It depends entirely on the community. But yea, in my experience, alot of protestant churches are full of borderline fanatical posers who aren't really interested in helping you. But then again, I haven't ever been to a catholic church at all. Mormons have a good reputation. But, at any rate, if you can toe the line and pay your dues to jesus and whatnot, then yea maybe becoming part of a religious community can help give you some direction and support in your life.
>>
>>29696541

God exists outside of our perception, mate.

>>29696549

Seriously senpai.

>Whose end is destruction; whose God is their belly; and whose glory is in their shame; who mind earthly things.

>chads_and_stacies.scripture

>>29696559

Catholic or Orthodox, both are good. I'm not going to get in the middle of a 1000 year old argument. But protestant churches are literal cults of the devil.
>>
File: IMG_1823.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1823.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>29696512
All women are whores

Noone cares about you, not even your parents

Never trust the government

God is real, and he doesn't care
>>
>>29696549
I'm not the hip kind of atheist, I don't even understand them, I was just raised non religious and that's it.
I don't really care, I went to a Jewish highschool because it was the expensive private school my parents wanted my to attend and I learned all about their beliefs, I think Judaism is superior to other religions based only in the fact that they don't believe in hell and I did love having entire month of hollydays while everyone else had to go to class but that's the extent of how much I care about religion
>>
>>29696588
You take any bad looking quote out of context in any book and it'll make it look bad. Sorry desu, point not made IMO.
>>
>>29696636

Look bad? No no no. Allow me to post it again in context.

>12Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. 13Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 15Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you. 16Only let us hold true to what we have attained.

17Brothers, join in imitating me, and keep your eyes on those who walk according to the example you have in us. 18For many, of whom I have often told you and now tell you even with tears, walk as enemies of the cross of Christ. 19Their end is destruction, their god is their belly, and they glory in their shame, with minds set on earthly things. 20But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself.
>>
>>29696512
The last one is true though, keeping busy and healthy does wonders for your mental state. Free of the SSRI Jew since I addressed my sloth lifestyle.
>>
>>29696755
Yes, what I was saying is that all of those things are true and any male with half a brain knows them
>>
>>29696627
Fair enough, to each their own desu. As long as you're not in-your-face ignorant and rude, of course.
>>
File: smart.png (121 KB, 680x780) Image search: [Google]
smart.png
121 KB, 680x780
>>29696419
Set goals that are SMART. While working on a task your body releases Endorphins (more is released if the task is physically demanding) which allow you to ignore current pain or stress. After a task is complete you release Dopamine which we all know as being pleasurable. If you do the task with others or around others (harder for us socially inept robots) you release Oxytocin and Serotonin which combat the feeling of loneliness. If you are inactive for long periods of time your body will build up Cortisol, which is like Adrenaline's older brother, which will make you feel stressed and make you more irrational until you do something, even if it is harmful.

The first thing you can do if you are an aimless bot is to compile a list of daily tasks that you should complete every day. If you are nervous just start with making your bed and add a task every day like; clean the dishes, clean the floor, put away items left out, read X pages of a book, exercise for X amount of time, etc. As you complete the tasks check them off your list and you will release small amounts of mood regulating hormones, this might not be noticeable but over time you should feel your mood mellow out but this might take days or even weeks.
>>
>>29696668
So you added a few verses, still outside of the entire chapter, book, and apart from the author, their reason for writing, who they wrote to, etc. I'm not trying to have a debate here, but seriously, using arbitrary stuff like this just makes you look like a mainstream atheistfag.
>>
read 100 self help books, then write your own self help book.
>>
File: (You).jpg (46 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
46 KB, 500x333
>>29696589
Wow how enlightened. Tell us more senpai
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.