[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do any robuts make music? Post soundclouds if you want, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Do any robuts make music?

Post soundclouds if you want, but I have something I need to get off my chest.

Is anyone horrified at the thought of showing anyone your music? I like what I make, but I know its cheesy and odd because of the music I like.

My music is like The Smiths with more cheese hooks.
>>
>>29695926
Yeah you're right op, sounds awful.

Though if you see whats out there now in the indie genre I think cringe is generally a prerequisite for success.
>>
I'm sure it's fine. A lot of the people who will say, "Lol shit taste", have what I and many others would call "shit taste". It doesn't mean much.
>>
I showed people my music once and they loved it.

Now I'm terrified of releasing new music because it mightn't be as good and have become incredibly self conscious about it so much so that I wish I never showed anyone
>>
>>29696331
Have you got any links to it?

Its shit if you're anxious about your self image and you do something creative. The two are an awful combination.
>>
>>29696331
Sometimes ya just gotta be ballsy. Without thinking, just put it on soundcloud and post it here. Seriously, sometimes jumping headfirst without thought is needed for success.
>>
I shared this just now, maybe I should do it again.

https://clyp.it/motx5i0a
>>
https://soundcloud.com/vinny-cloutman

That's my soundcloud. I only have one cover of Paranoid rn (Black Sabbath) but I just did a pretty nice cover of Santeria that I'll be uploading in a couple days
>>
>>29696446
Yeah its quite nice. Good production, what do you use?

Have you heard of the Durrutti Column? Quite similar to what you've made.
>>
>>29696446
That was nice and relaxing anon
>>
>>29696523

Who is Durrutti Column? I might look into that.

I use REAPER and a bunch of free synths, and S-GEAR for my amp. VahellalaShimmer for reverb mostly.

>>29696572
Thank you very much!
>>
>>29696732
They're an ambient/indie band. Heres a link to one of my favourites of theirs: https://youtu.be/xM_L-Bgj88k

I haven't heard of reaper, I'll look into it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.