[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever spoke in front of a large group of people? How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: shutterstock_189835505.jpg (251 KB, 1000x637) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_189835505.jpg
251 KB, 1000x637
Have you ever spoke in front of a large group of people? How did it go?
>>
I do it all the time for work, no idea why everyone is so terrified of it, most people are not even paying attention desu and are most likely going to be idiots with worthless opinions anyway
>>
>>29695763
Had to make a speech for class. I was a bit shaky for the first page but soon I'd got the hang of it.
Once I've done it once, I think I'll find it easier to do again. Practice would've helped as well.
>>
i am great at those, not sure why, i am horrible at 1on1 talks but when i can talk in front of a group i am 100 Speech
>>
>Did it at school leaving in front of whole school
>Had no idea how it went
>Watched the video
>Things went better than expected

But I still ended up a wizard.....
>>
I hate talking to people but I'm fine with public speaking. I lecture a class or two for my uni (400+ lecture theatre) and run labs.

100% fine with telling students what to do/teaching them, but if one calls me over for help in a lab I sperg out. It's odd.
>>
>>29695763
I'm never good with speeches, but it always turns out okay when I inject some humor into it to mask my low self-confidence
>>
Yes I've had to improve comedy for hundreds of kids

It's like jumping in a cold pool. You just have to dive in and hope your body doesn't go into shock
>>
No. Fudd that tbk
>>
Yeah, I did some theatre in HS as various minor characters. It was sort of like jumping into a cold lake instead of gradually lowering myself in. I have a lot of weird social hangups but no fear of speaking in front of a group.
>>
I'm pretty good at it, which is strange, because one on one I can't even maintain a coversation.
>>
Yep, several times. Even though I knew I could speak well, hold conversations well, and could generally interest people one on one, I was absolutly terrified. But the second I started speaking I had a blast, I wouldn't go so far as saying it's my passion but I enjoy it and am reading/studying on how to get better at it. Dorky I know.

If you have to do it I would suggest two things. First is to absolutly and completely know what you are talking about. That will make you substantially more comfortable. Second is to practice in front of a mirror a few times. Yes you feel like a tool but it helps you get comfortable with your cadence and length of speech.

Also slow down, you don't need to talk so fast, vary your tone and volume, and don't fidget with your hands.
>>
I just take beta blockers to mask the physical aspects and no one can tell how retarded i am
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.