[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oh Christ r9k I don't know what to do right now. I just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: ohgod.png (675 KB, 640x973) Image search: [Google]
ohgod.png
675 KB, 640x973
Oh Christ r9k I don't know what to do right now. I just heard a child screaming for his mother, while I was in my bathroom, so I called 911 and gave them all the information they asked for, I both felt like I should've been doing something and felt so useless at the same time. 4 in the morning and I was standing there thinking for a minute about what I should do. While out there there some poor kid who's lost. I wishing would've gone outside there when I still heard him. Now I don't even know what's going on. All I have is hope that the police find him. Can someone tell me what I should've done in case this happens again, and what I should be doing now (because I don't think I'm gonna be sleeping today).
>>
The 911 operated said the police may call me back for more information, its been 20 minutes since the call. I don't think I'll get a responce
>>
>>29694842

Well, if you alerted police to the situation, that's all you really needed to do.

There's no excuse for a child to be outside at 4am so clearly the parents are fucked-up people. You don't want to get mixed-up in their lives.
>>
>>29694897
you did well anon, don't worry
a lot of Normies wouldnt even give a shit about that. I'm p sure police is able to find that kid and return it to its parents
>>
Honestly it would probably have been best if you'd gone outside and went to help the kid.

Calling the police is the next best thing. If you're worried about the child, I think it's very unlikely something bad might happen. And if the police couldn't find him they would've probably called you back for more information / any clues that could help them.
>>
>>29695162
>I think it's very unlikely something bad might happen.

You are naive and have little practical experience with the real world.

People are insane, unintelligent, and irrational. It's best not to get involved in their lives.
>>
Is there any way I can get some closure on this? Does the police have archives of 911 reports or anything?
>>
You were the last person to see this kid alive and you gave the authorities all of your contact information.

They will break you under interrogation. You think you won't since you didn't do anything wrong but you will break. They always break.

Even if they let you go due to lack of evidence, you will now have a reputation.
>>
>>29695232

You could call them and ask if they found the kid. Tbqh senpai there's only so much you can do, I don't know what a little kid was doing out at 4 am in the morning though, that's really strange.

Are you sure you aren't just schizo?
>>
>>29695289
I didn't even see the kid it was too dark, I just heard him out of the corner of my ear. All I heard was him crying "mommy, where are you mommy?"
>>
>>29695323
I don't think I should be calling 911 for something that's not directly a emergency. Does the police have any other hotlines?
>>
>>29695335

Do you live in an apartment? He may have just been in another room and woke up or something. Maybe he was sleep walking, maybe his mom found him. Or, what if it was a murderer trying to get someone to come outside so they could attack.

This story sounds like bullshit tbqh senpai. How the hell does a little kid get lost at 4 am.
>>
>>29695335
don't want to make fun of you bc you did the right thing, but I just wish this isn't a thinly veiled /x/ thread haha :)
>>
BTW I found out the local police non-emergency hotline, and I'm gonna call them soon.

>>29695381
No this was a more rural area.
>>
>>29695388
No this isn't a made up /x/ type post, however it did feel like it.
>>
>>29695417
You basically have to let it go anon.

I had similar once. The cops investigated and it wasn't an issue in the end.
>>
Called the non emergency line and they stated that they didn't find anyone. God I hope that kids ok.

I mean as far as I knew the kid just ran a block and found his parents a minute later. I hope that happened.
>>
>not taking the child in and forming a romantic bond and fucking the shit out of him
>robot
normie just pls go
>>
>>29695662
Next time take a look.
>>
>>29695662
Worst case scenario they have a solid timeline to go by. And that is better than sometime between sunset and sunrise. But most likely it's nothing.
>>
>>29695213
Depends on where you live I guess, I live in an uptown white neighbourhood in the Netherlands.
>>
You are a good person for doing something about it and not just ignoring it.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.