[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what did the neets of pre-internet era do? people who've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160703_083339.png (470 KB, 720x528) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160703_083339.png
470 KB, 720x528
what did the neets of pre-internet era do?
people who've lived for long periods of time without internet access are also welcome.

share stories, come tell us your horrors anon
>>
>>29691090
Sit in the streets and beg for money.

Become a hermit.

Join a religious organization and dedicate oneself to study and discipline.

We have it pretty good now, really.
>>
>>29691090
Before the mid 80s, if you refused to work or participate in society, you could be committed into institutional care against your will You no longer had any rights, and could be experimented upon to find ways to "fix" you.

Many people were lobotomized, and left as insensate vegetables for the remainder of their lives. It was thought a slight disruption of the frontal lobe could return people to compliant normality, but when it failed, they would try again, pushing the icepick in a bit harder.
>>
>>29691159
seriously? I just sit inside and cycle between reading books, listening to CDs, and paint.

occasionally I play mtg with a friend, but he's in the army and has a gf so we don't really talk much.
>>
>>29691169
I've never heard about this. I don't think we know how good of a situation we actually are in now compared to the former neets. It also reminds me of that movie with Jack Nicholson. God, do I love that movie.

Thanks for the post m8, have a (you)
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.