[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Repeating phrases in your mind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 20130730.png (142 KB, 648x906) Image search: [Google]
20130730.png
142 KB, 648x906
Any of you ever get these repeating phrases that keep running in your head?

Just every day, you hear the phrase. But you don't really "hear" it--it's a thought.

Like you hear "rollercoaster, rollercoaster, rollercoaster, rollercoaster" over and over again. Maybe when you're driving, because rollercoasters roll like the wheels of a car. Or when you're eating sandwiches, you'll think, "sand, sand, sand", maybe because "sandwich" has the word sand in it".

If so, what are the ones you've been hear-thinking lately?
>>
Not really phrases but i'll usually think of cringey moments in my past. I get lost in them but I'll eventually snap out of them shortly, followed by some kind of curse word.
>>
Yeah, this happens to me all the time. Gets sort of annoying after a while.
Recently it's been "time to kill yourself."
>>
>>29690224
I repeat words and phrases over and over again, but then I was diagnosed to be on the spectrum in 1996
>>
>You are genetic garbage and you should kill yourself
It's really weird, I keep hearing it while doing innocuous tasks.
>>
>>29690252

That's pretty disturbing bro.

Has life been particularly bad lately?
>>
>>29690280

Maybe you read it on 4chan and it got stuck in your subconscious.
>>
I constantly have thoughts like fuck god hail satan or hitler did nothing wrong even that I am an euphoric atheist even without fedora
>>
>>29690317
>>29690317
or stuff like fuck shit piss too
>>
>>29690291
Yeah it has, although it was much worse for a while and I was seriously considering suicide. Now I am just depressed all the time like usual.
>>
OP here.

Lately the one I hear is "hamburger".

I don't even like hamburgers.
>>
>>29690370

Yeah, I hear repeating curse words in my head too. It can get really, really irritating.

I actually prefer not to curse, generally speaking. So hearing constant profane tirades in my mind is tiresome.
>>
>>29690379

Did you get hurt, or fall sick or something?

If you don't want to talk about it it's cool.
>>
The person that made this picture doesn't understand Anselm, is a disgusting empiricist, and thinks comparing God and some whore is rational.
>>
I just hear "fuck this gay earth " all the time. Any time something goes slightly awry I hear it
>>
>>29690404
I just think that our mind think that "outlawed" stuff is really fun to do inside your head only and he does it, only to piss us off

>>29690414
No, I'm just pissed off constantly and mad on everything, neurosis since teen, mostly parent fault
Only one pleasurabe thing- smoking can be trashed when I catch myself that I'm not thinking, then the salvo of thougths goes
I'm pissed off now too and I don't even know why but you can get used to it.
>>
File: 1443238580799.png (811 KB, 760x541) Image search: [Google]
1443238580799.png
811 KB, 760x541
>STEINER
>STEEEEEEEINERR

just german guys yelling "Steiner"
I think its from a war movie or something that really bothered me when I was younger
>>
>>29690421
The perfect island must exist
>>
>>29690414
I failed a class in college and got awful grades on the others.

I don't have any friends or any real social interaction.

My mindset has gone to absolute shit. I'm completely unmotivated, I'm insecure, and I'm starting to despise everyone around me.

Tbqh it helps to talk about it, thank you
>>
>>29690623

I'm really sorry to hear it.

I was doing great in college but dropped out due to some catastrophic injuries which have not gotten much better unfortunately.

Life is pretty shit IMO. Sorry things aren't going well for you either and I hope things do get better or at least don't get worse.
>>
File: 1467088868888.jpg (311 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1467088868888.jpg
311 KB, 2560x1600
>>29690711
Thanks anon, I hope things turn out better for you too. Best of luck.
>>
>>29690224
I repeat random jumbles of words and numbers to myself to try and take my mind off remembering cringey shit I've done in my life
>>
>>29690224
For me, it's been "Don't do it!" and "Kill yourself", both usually directed at me.
>>
"Eat that ass like groceries"
Who ever says they 'eat groceries'? You buy groceries and store them away.
I kept saying this to myself for about a full day.
>>
Lately it has been "concentric circles"
>>
some times i'll get lines from a movie or game, or lyrics from song, or something such repeating in my head.

sometimes, they'll begin to merge into a bizarre amalgam that is far too cringy to even write out anonymously

I did it as a kid, too. I'd even say it out loud, repeating it, getting weird looks. Now I'm self aware enough to do it only in my head.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.