[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's wrong with wanting yourself to be happy? People seem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: 1467422334970.jpg (38 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1467422334970.jpg
38 KB, 300x300
What's wrong with wanting yourself to be happy? People seem to think you're a horrible person if you love yourself. If you care about your own happiness, people tell you to stop feeling sorry for yourself. What's up with that?
>>
File: image_7.jpg (71 KB, 607x504) Image search: [Google]
image_7.jpg
71 KB, 607x504
>implying altruism isnt evil
>>
feeling sorry for yourself and wanting to be happy are not the same thing.
But yeah, people actually expect you to live up to their expectations, to do what they think is right, rather than what you actually want.
People want to take you down to their level because they're unhappy with their lives

I made some broad generalizations here, so read "people" as "some people"
>>
>>29689732
Well, biologically speaking it fucks with evolution and will probably be, ironically, the reason the human race dies out.

But I'm just talking about wanting personal happiness. Every time I've said "Why shouldn't I ask for respect and consideration when people ask me for it.", I get told to stop being a selfish person. Why shouldn't I be selfish? I mean, not in a cruel way, but just in the way that I should love my self.
>>
>>29689666
nice trips
Normies are okay with you wanting to be "happy" as long as what makes you happy is what makes them happy.
They simply hate people acting unlike themselves.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.