[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone else they suspect they have undiagnosed ADD/ADHD I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1426553216996.jpg (60 KB, 607x609) Image search: [Google]
1426553216996.jpg
60 KB, 607x609
anyone else they suspect they have undiagnosed ADD/ADHD

I'm what I'd describe as smartdumb. my IQ is like 130 but I've never done anything useful with it and act like a complete retard most of the time
>>
>>29688527
does this guy ask for pics with girls and then strangle them?
>>
>>29688527
maybe
maybe i just wanna be really really good at video games
>>
>>29688527
>my iq is like 130

An iq test you took on the Internet isn't accurate.
>>
>>29688546
they ask for pics with him
>>
I feel like I have ADD, not ADHD though I'm not hyperactive (that's the difference right?). I am much more spacey than anyone I know and absolutely can't stand doing homework unless I have a very pressing deadline. When I do get focused it is intense though, which I believe is a sign of ADD. Either way, if I went to a doctor I bet I could come home with an adderal prescription
>>
People throughout MiddleSchool thought I had some sort of autism of ADHD because I couldn't sit still for more than 2 minutes and would sometimes blurt out random facts and phrases that are not related to the context whatso ever
>>
>>29688604
no

originality is in all of us
>>
>>29688626
Yeah I was the same. I used to get in trouble all the time without intending to do anything wrong.
Most of the time during class I would either make trouble because I was bored or just stare out the window into space imagining things.
>>
So you get a 92 average in high school and think you must have a substantially above average IQ but not too high because that would just be silly so you guess it at a good 130. You're actually stupid. There you go.

If you act like a retard most of the time, you're probably a retard.
>>
I think the "smart but lazy/unmotivated/inattentive" meme is just a delusion to hide the fact that I hold no exceptional qualities and my life of failure and mediocrity is simply the result of stupidity and incompetence.
>>
How easy is it to get diagnosed with ADHD or ADD as an adult? I've always done well in school, but I still feel like I have a lot of the symptoms: bad time management, restlessness, distractibility etc. Is there any way to report these symptoms to a GP without coming off as drug seeking?
>>
>>29688527
I have diagnosed ADHD
I impulsively say cringeworthy things and then immediately start reflecting on them for hours many times a day.I would be better off as a mute.
>>
File: 1467173673258.jpg (104 KB, 498x727) Image search: [Google]
1467173673258.jpg
104 KB, 498x727
Pretty sure I have add tbqh, never could focus and have a short attention span. A lifetime of internet use has not helped that. Bought focalin to study for a final and it was incredible, for the first time in so long I felt like I actually knew how to study things without either quitting or doing it poorly.
>>
dumbasses think this is a magic pill

hur durr I cant focus on boring stuff I must have da adhd!

its a deep rooted problem in concentration and I doubt you have it.
>>
>>29688546
Do you even know who 'this guy' is?
>>
>>29688779
Just describe your problem honestly
I got diagnosed with it
All I had to do I answer a series of questions like those ADHD test you find online
>>
File: picture.jpg (6 KB, 259x195) Image search: [Google]
picture.jpg
6 KB, 259x195
>>29688527
When I was little a teacher sent me to a psych to evaluate if I had A.D.D.

Turns out the psychologist suggested "Asperger's" and "Lack of intellectual stimulation"

who /prodigy/ here?
>>
>>29689570
I actually don't. Please tell
>>
ADHDfag reporting in

It's more about impulsivity than anything. Your thoughts impulsively lead you all over the place.

You get the urge to move, and you move.

You're really a slave to impulse, it's honestly not that you're hyper or lose your train of thought.

On the contrary, you have one, you just have to follow whenever it goes.
>>
Went to a psychiatrist midway through college and it turns out I did. I only had the realization that I possibly had it like weeks before that. Seek help!
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.