[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happens when you call a suicide hotline? Do they call the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 633x758
What happens when you call a suicide hotline? Do they call the cops or whatever? Anyone have any experience with suicide hotlines?
>>
>no suicide hotlines in your fucking forsaken 3rd world village
>you try writting an e-mail to Samaritans.org and they spell the name of your country wrong.

Why the fuck do I bother?
>>
Hope you have enough money to cover your stay in the ward, because it's on you
>>
>>29687927
Not him.
But that's fucking harsh...
So you get out of there suicidal AND broke?
>>
>>29687958
What the fuck can they do to you then? Charge more money when you want to kill yourself? It's a win-lose situation honestly.
>>
>>29687927
Seriously?
I'm in Florida and I know they have the Baker Act but do you have to give them your address and shit
>>
They're pretty worthless. I've called several times.
>>
>not trying to call the hotline and make the person on the other end suicidal instead with nihilism and extreme pessimism.
>>
No. Suicide hotlines only exist to be posted by normies in social media comments so that they can look caring.
>>
>>29687859

police show up to check on you. might get taken down to the psych ward at their discretion.
>>
What if suicide really is the answer to the unanswerable problem of existence. You die and wake up to nothingness.

>Tfw I was home all along
>>
I called a suicide hotline and I stayed on hold for 30 fucking minutes.

Guess 2 am on a Saturday night means the normies over there are partying.
>>
File: 1450326771105.jpg (39 KB, 711x620) Image search: [Google]
1450326771105.jpg
39 KB, 711x620
They do call the cops from what I hear. Try 7cupsoftea.com if you just need someone to listen. I've used it before, and they don't call the cops or anything. They just put you in a chat room with someone there to listen to you and try to help. Really helped when I was at my lowest a couple months ago, just having someone there to tell me it would be okay.
>>
Depending on where you live, the cops/ambulance/both might show up to drag you for a 3-day psych hold and evaluation.

Otherwise, nothing, except them trying to talk you out of whatever it is you're going to do to yourself.

If you really want the help, go directly to the psych unit and skip the hotline bullshit. The hotline can't help you.
>>
What is it about alcohol that makes people want to die?
>>
>>29688331

You sure? I usually want to die more when I'm sober.
>>
Bumperini
Originalini
>>
those hotlines only exist for normies tel feel good about themselves

"i stopped this guy from committing suicide i'm such a good person :)"
>>
>>29688263

>7cupsoftea.com

That site is mostly used by women that are extreme cunts. Nobody should go there.
>>
>Haha I heard you were going to kill yourself but then I realized you have a family who would be sad tough luck pal I win
>>
File: kitty.gif (2 MB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
kitty.gif
2 MB, 245x245
they are only there to keep you on the phone while they call the cops. tht's literally it. and what do you think they're gonna accomplish anyways? is some stranger really going to reveal some secret of life that's gonna mke you rethink everything and realize life is worth living? you're all expecting way too much of these hotlines. these are volunteers with minimal training who are all bored stiffless from spending the whole day listening to some whiny crybabies complain about their problems. do you think there's a manic pixie dream girl behind that help desk, who's gonna be your gf now and swing your life into working order? don't be ridiculous. they're not trying to scam you, they're not trying to trick you, this isn't some normie conspiracy to get you locked up. the best thing the person behind the phone can realistically do for you IS to call the cops on you, so some professionals can watch over you while you get psychiatric care.
>>
>>29687859
They can only call the cops if you go "I am going to kill myself immediately, and there is nothing you can do about it" or say you've already done whatever it is intended to kill you and are just waiting for it to work now.

What they'll actually say to you depends on the worker and your case, but it's just general advice on what stuff you can do to deal with that immediate crisis, and how to seek help for longer term stuff.
>>
>>29688152
pretty much this. I've heard some pretty crazy ads on the radio that sum up this normie mentality.

>"Suicide prevention is everybody's business"

fuck off
>>
>>29688349
Seconded. I would absolutely be dead right now if it weren't for downing half a fifth of vodka two days in a row when I was about to ctb.
>>
>>29687859
Maybe. It depends how insistent or how dismissive you are.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.