[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i reinvent myself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
How do i reinvent myself
>>
reinvention is left to people with PR staffs.

you are left with shit tier options

>join a church
>ask to be saved
>say yes to everything they ask of you
>>
>>29684620
You change everything about you. Your interests in fashion, music, movies, literature, and your worldviews.

I've done it several times.
>>
>>29684620
Much easier than imagined, but often the best first step is to leave behind as much of what you used to know as possible. You probably already have some idea the new direction you'd like to head in, the key is more clearing out the stuff you've associated with your current self-image that constantly reminds you of it and makes you think "I am this". Moving to a new town as soon as possible should be a #1 priority for you if you feel the people in your leave see you in a way you don't wish to be seen.

Aside from that, what >>29684843 said applies. Think about how the military trains soldiers. Identity is often built from the outside in, believe basically believe that they are what they habitually do. No one shows up to boot camp a soldier, the only thing that makes them decide to believe they are one is doing "soldier stuff" all day everyday for weeks on end and having most of the people they interact with regularly tell them, "You are a soldier." The transformation in their self-image is surprisingly rapid, and the same basic technique will work for just about any identity overhaul.
>>
>download TOR
>browse dark web
>order 400 micrograms of LSD
>????
>PROFIT
>>
>>29685388
>*people in your life

Also, tying in the first point to the second, there's a reason recruits are taking to isolated training camps away from everything they've known previously to be "transformed into soldiers". Setting plausible context for your mind to believe a significant turning point has been reached is of first-rate importance.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.