[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is depression common in your family ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1455928180745s.jpg (6 KB, 250x222) Image search: [Google]
1455928180745s.jpg
6 KB, 250x222
is depression common in your family ?
>>
>>29684217
my father seemingly had problems with depression and his self-worth but i dont know how severe it was/is because he himself does not talk about it
>>
>>29684217

why does a retarded frog want to know?
>>
My dad has seasonal depression where he gets fucked up in the springtime for some reason. He also has a lot of the same undesirable irritable personality quirks.
>>
My dad struggles with anxiety, suicidalism, and PTSD from 'Nam.

My brother, different father, shot himself four years ago due to a mid-life crisis.

Our mom was raised in an Old World German household, so she's not the happiest person around. My little sister has struggled with anger and depressive problems before, but that was because I kept beating her up as a kid (mom was always physical when taking her shit out on you -- thus this became my way of venting that out).

And I've made two suicide attempts over the years.

Other than that? I'm not sure. I don't think "common" is the word to use her. Maybe something more along the lines of "consistent."
>>
Manic depression all throughout. Yep.
>>
yes. suicide as well.
>>
>>29684217
No one has depression or mental problems in my family, except me. I think I might be adopted.
>>
>all stable on my dads side
>everyone's crazy as fuck on my moms side
>inherited moms traits

thanks dad
just couldn't stay away from the Irish wimmins
>>
yeah

mom is manic-depressive bitch and dad is unpredictable. he tried to off himself when i was younger too.
>>
>>29684217

Not really. My mom has had it but relies on religion to help her. She pushes that shit on me and forces me to go to church and has even told me before that bad things happen to me because I'm not a Christian.

It gets hard to respect her or take her seriously because she doesn't think any religion that isn't Judeo-Christian is legitimate. Like her views on Islam are just ignorant as shit.
>>
>dad's dad was depressed and suicidal
>dad is depressed suicidal alcoholic
>mum's dad was depressed alcoholic coke fiend
>mum's brother is depressed, suicidal alcoholic who loves any drug he can get his hands on

i won the mental illness genetic lottery!
>>
>>29684217

More than depression. my family was a shitshow of a nightmare when my parents were still alive. No way im ever reproducing.
>>
>>29684217

Yup, and so is denial.

My dad's a real douche because of his depression, but he refuses to take ssri's even though when he tried them, they worked really well.

I'm depressed most of the time and I'll get severely depressed and suicidal for a couple weeks every once in a while.

My mom once gave me a bottle of lexapro that she had just lying around. So, she was depressed at least at one point.

My mom told me she did the same thing for my older brother once, as well.

I live with my brother, who I'm pretty sure is depressed most of the time, too, though he probably wouldn't admit it. I could just be wrong though.
>>
>>29684217

Yes, on both sides of the family too. Grandmother is/was an alcoholic
>>
>>29684347
>My little sister has struggled with anger and depressive problems before, but that was because I kept beating her up as a kid
Sorry but I laughed
>>
common diseases in my family:

cancer: check
eye problems: check
baldness: check
depression: check
anxiety: check
straight up madness (4 cousins think they've been possessed by the devil): check
back problems: check
acid reflux: check
acne: check
alzheimer: check
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.