[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lol at uber drivers the cucks of the driving industry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: 1455338307870.jpg (68 KB, 680x962) Image search: [Google]
1455338307870.jpg
68 KB, 680x962
You literally have to work 60 to 80 hours to even make minimum wage after they take their 25 percent cut. Yes that's right they take 25 percent of all the money you earn and that's before taxes. If you lease a car through them you are the biggest sucker of all paying nearly double the value of the car which ends up being worthless after just 2 years from all the miles you put on it. Uber drivers are some of the most retarded people of all time.
>>
Seems like a pretty easy job though maybe that's why they agree to get fucked over
>>
>>29684185
That's the difference between capitalism and communism.

The people who really want to be slaves just get to volunteer.
>>
>>29684198
Probably depends where you live.

I live in the dc area, we're usually rated for the worst traffic and some of the most dangerous drivers.

There's no way I would consider being an occupational driver around here.
>>
but muh gig economy
muh freelancing
>>
>>29684257
Chicago uber drivers are driving their cars for 90 cents a fucking mile
>>
Lmao I saw some cuck on here saying he makes 18 bucks an hour and he leases a prius through uber. Fucking retards I swear
>>
>>29684359
That's about 2x what a experienced trucker makes.
>>
>>29684612
www.fool.com/investing/2016/06/05/uber-is-now-actively-preying-on-the-poor.aspx

Brb paying 800 dollars a month to lease a chevy cruze
Brb paying a total of almost 40 grand for a car that costs 17grand

Even the lowest truck drivers are pulling almost 40k a year and they get benefits. Uber is essentially just preying on poor people with no options.
>>
well all you taxi drivers are out of a job permanently when self-driving cars start showing up anyway. Probably less than a decade.
>>
want to know about even more cucked workers? Look up Door Dash, fuckers actually signing up to be delivery boys to bring you food, they get paid like 6 bucks a delivery plus shit tips. Have to pay for their own gas, insurance, repairs.
>>
>>29684612
>highway driving
>city driving
uber pr pls
>>
>>29684916
Is that part of uber?
>>
Seems like Uber makes sense if you are a limo driver trying to fill some empty time slots. Especially since most of their customers now use Uber anyways.
>>
Where are all the uber cucks? Are they out driving for that huge 30 dollar payday lmao
>>
Uber is for fucking yuppies. Just drive drunk.
>>
>>29684185
What's really funny is that Uber is actively trying to replace their whole work force with self-driving cars. Why would anyone have any loyalty to them when they cuck them so badly.
>>
>>29685680
>work force
Sorry I meant "consultants" or whatever they are called.
>>
>>29685680
That'll be a while and the people that drive Ubers are broke as shit and will take any cash they can get
>>
>>29685726
Ya but if you criticize Uber they get super butthurt and defend them. I understand the the technology won't be here soon but when you company says "We'd love to replace all our human drivers" it blows my mind that anyone would have their back.
>>
>>29685836
Because they don't want to admit that they're slaves that work for next to nothing. They always brag about being able to take a break whenever they want yet they need to work nearly 100 work weeks to make any decent cash.
>>
Pretty soon Uber drivers will be asking for tips. Stay tuned. Maybe it already happens?
>>
>>29684185
>>29684225
>>29684270
>>29684562
>>29685961

How is it even humanly possible to be this retarded?

I drive for both Uber and Lyft, fucking love it. I usually average at around $15-19 hourly after the service takes its cut out. I've made more working holidays; last Halloween I made like $400 in one night. Gas and taxes cuts it down a bit, but it's still substantially better than wageslavery.

It's probably not sustainable as a career long term and you won't get rich doing it, but as far as short-term or part-time income goes I have yet to find something I like better. I go to school and get about $700 per month to live on from my student loan stipend, usually try to make around $1200-1300 a month on my own to maintain a comfortable lifestyle. With Uber/Lyft this means I basically just have to pull in around $300 a week, which is like maybe 2-3 nights of work. Finally put in my notice at my shitty part-time retail job that I've been wanting to quit forever, because after a few months of experimenting I've realized I don't need it anymore. Feels good, man.
>>
>>29686231
t. uber cuck
>>
>>29686231
You are very delusional
>>
>>29686312

How am I delusional? It's literally my job and that is literally my experience with it. This board really is full of retarded NEETS, fuck.
>>
>>29686403
Just when I thought someone couldn't be more delusional LOL at you life uber boy
>>
>>29686231
Lmao no you don't cuck. You're ruining your car and after gas and they take their cut you're left with scraps.
>>
>>29686403
Post screenshots of your last day of ubering so we can see how much you made on each ride and how long you drove cuck
>>
>>29686403
Also you don't seem to factor wear on your car lmao uber cuck BTFO
>>
>>29686231
Better hope you never get into an accident neither uber nor your insurance provider will cover ANY of the costs. Uber has literally ruined peoples lives.
>>
File: IMG_0472.jpg (92 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0472.jpg
92 KB, 750x1334
>>29686540

Here you go. This particular week I only went out about 4 hours a night for 2 nights. Even factoring out the extra ~$40 promo money I got for driving during particular hours I still grossed around $15/hr. Little over $20 with the promo. This is pretty typical, and I'm pretty lazy and unmotivated. I've mostly been doing this a few hours a week for extra pocket money since as I mentioned I had a part time retail job and I've mostly thought of that + student loan stipends as my primary income. However since I'm quitting that job I'll probably be aiming for about 16-18 hours a week doing this from here on out. I've heard some people who do this full time clear a thousand a week.

>>29686627

You have a point here actually, but I used to deliver pizzas and the wear and tear on your car is comparable to that. If you have a good car it's not that big a deal, particularly since I will probably swap out my car for a newer one in a couple of years anyway.
>>
>>29686231
And after deducting fuel and maintenance, that pencils out to?
>>
>>29686896
No cuck post the website screenshot where it shows the distance and time of each ride and the amount earned. Jewber keeps you fags coming back with those promotions that come around every once in awhile. Meanwhile after you factor in gas, wear and tear, and taxes you've made like 50 bucks without the promotion. Don't forgot about your car value lowering every mile you drive cuck
>>
Lol at the ubercuck ITT. After travis cums in your mouth do you swallow it in the hopes of getting another ridesharing promo?

Fucking cuck
>>
>>29687125
Haha cuck cuck cuck learn some new vocabulary you tendie munching mommas boy basement bitch. Stay mad this kid is making some spending money while you continue to leech off society like the useless disappointment you actually are.
>>
File: 1461986991447.png (175 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
1461986991447.png
175 KB, 400x386
>>29688284
Someone actually defending Uber, even after Uber is Fucking them in the ass. I'm lmaoing at your life right now, also good luck actually moving up the job chain. Sucker
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.