[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
acne feels thread >tfw people look only at your zits when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 11
File: acne wojak.jpg (963 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
acne wojak.jpg
963 KB, 5000x5000
acne feels thread

>tfw people look only at your zits when they first see you
>tfw you keep the lights in your room off so you don't have to look at your face
>tfw everyone said your acne would go away after high school, but you graduated 7 years ago

end my life senpai
>>
>>29680721
Looks like you're genetically inferior bro
>>
>>29680721
How much do you weigh? Do you work out? What do you normally eat?
>>
>>29680791
i dont think any of that shit matters really
severe acne is all genetics
>>
>>29680791
I'm 190 lbs. slightly overweight. I eat mainly Ramen Noodles, toast, and microwavable burritos.
>>
>>29680832
I don't think so desu. It's probably your diet. When I had a stomach bug and couldn't eat anything for 3 days my acne got significantly better. Later found out that dairy products and really salty foods fuck me over. Also if you get regular exercise it'll also help, refrain from sitting at the pc for longer durations of time.
>>
Cystic acne is the worst!
>>
>>29680898
This. I can vouch.
>>
>>29680898
Im not the guy with acne though
All I eat is junk food and I sit on the computer all day and im still skinny as fuck and never had a pimple in my life

its mostly genes
>>
>never could do accutane
>15 years of severe acne
>derm finally found the right drug
>clouds retreat
>cherries blossum
>no more running
>war is over
>ugly af but a bit handsome ina way (pic related)
they will never know such sweet relief
>>
File: 1453499226706.jpg (22 KB, 600x630) Image search: [Google]
1453499226706.jpg
22 KB, 600x630
>>29680721
>23
>acne starts slowly fading
>scars looks even worse
feelsbad
>>
>>29680935
My parents never had acne yet I do, though I'm not going to deny that being more prone to it is probably part of genetics.
>>29680879
You should also try to avoid eating microwaved/TV dinners. Those tend to not be nutritious and contain a lot of sodium. Ingest too much salty shit and you'll be more prone to acne. As boring as it sounds, eat more plain foods. You don't need extra seasoning on your food when you eat, it's most probably already tasty enough. If you need to douse your food in a spice/herb/seasoning/condiment before you can eat it then you're better off not eating the food at all.
>>
Drinking water definitely helps, Anon.
As hard as it is, cutting down on the ramen and extra sodium should help clear it up, if not looking for some cheap medicated cream
>>
>>29681043
which drug and how long were you on it for?
>>
>>29681087
>genetics
>My parents never had acne yet I do

thats not how it works
>>
I don't have zits/true acne but I do have rosacea and seborrhoeic dermatitis (basically dandruff on my face and body). Both are getting progressively worse.

>tfw skin was perfect in high school when the rest of you was peak ugly
>tfw people asking if you're unwell/cold/hot/embarrassed because of your bright red cheeks/nose
>tfw unable to manage one skin problem without the other getting worse
>tfw brushing skin flakes off your clothes

I gotta say that whilst acne and other skin conditions are primarily genetics and shit luck, your lifestyle will have a massive impact on how severe it is. If I don't look after myself by drinking enough water, or I stay up all night or eat shittily for a few days I really notice that my skin is even more fucked up.
>>
I about tretinoin off eBay 2 months back for my acne. So far no improvements but I'm expecting it to start clearing up when I'm 4 months in
>>
I'm fairly certain that acne is entirely hormonal. Our bodies contain many, many chemicals and it's entirely plausible that some of these cause acne.

I JUST turned 18 last week (yes I used to be underage), and only in the last week my acne has pretty much vanished and my skin is quite close to being clear, albeit a bit of scarring on my cheeks. Three weeks ago I was quite spotty. My face has been consistently spotty and often the acne was even cystic. It diminished my confidence greatly.

I had moderate and chronic acne since around 13 years old. My face used to be very oily, but at 16 it became normal. *If you still have excessively oily skin as an adult then you definitely need to just get on accutane.*

My skin clearing coincided with an attitudinal, mental change. I matured when I turned 18, literally OVERNIGHT. Sounds bizarre and unbelievable, but it's true. I stopped masturbating, listening to rap music, objectifying women and obsessing with sex, going on social media, playing video games, caring about fashion trends and watching conspiracy theory videos. Just as I turned into an adult.

I'm convinced that there was a chemical cascade in my brain which matured me and made my skin clear. I stand by this theory that lifestyle exacerbates acne.
>>
>>29681165
Make sure not to overdo it, good luck though pal.
>>
>>29681104
> what is a recessive gene
>>
>>29681103
>which drug
cephalexin, which doesn't seem to do so good with people

>>29681103
>how long were you on it for?
probably about 6 weeks before it really started clearing. i'll be on it for the rest of my life, i guess.

derm says not to worry about any unforeseen side effects. (i've had none of the common side effects, maybe because my gut biome has already been through a bit or maybe because it's very well developed from years of perfect diet and always performs well.)
>>
>>29681235
I thought about taking accutane but then read all about how it absolutely destroys the bowels of some, some are on it literally forever otherwise it comes back. You should watch out taking drugs for acne in the long term, though I guess you should be thankful something actually works for you.
>>
>>29681187
>I'm fairly certain that acne is entirely hormonal.
if you say so. everything in the body is hormone regulated in a way. i guess. right? sure. you're the expert.

>sebum
>how your skin cells get replaced/what happens to the dead ones
>bacteria
>what sort of hair follicles you have
>sebum
>sebum
>sebum
>sebum
>sebum
>>
>>29681235
How long have you been on the cephalexin at this point? Even low dosage antibiotics for rosacea they try and taper you off them after two months because it's just not a good long term solution. From what I understand acne dosages are higher and you're really not supposed to be on them too long because of the risk of resistance and dependence.
>>
>>29681399

>sebum
I had normal oil production
>how your skin cells get replaced
no clue
>bacteria
how do you propose the bacteria changed?
>what sort of hair follicles you have
these are presumably genetic and don't change with age
>>
>>29681399
Don't forget irritation, in high school so many people would get a pimple or two, panic, buy some heinous cheap acne scrub wash shit and end up with dry pimply skin for a few months.
>>
I really envy the robots that never had any acne growing up. Girls might think you're ugly and never take a second glance at you, you might think you're ugly, physically deformed, and hopeless, but it beats having a crippling ailment that turns everyone away from you the moment they see you.
>>
>>29681469
long term antibiotic treatment is a thing for growing cattle and some acne cases
it can have side effects but none of the remotely likely ones are very serious and simple monitoring and general good health keep them at bay
the risk profile is much lower than that of continuing to have acne
basically my only option at this point for my particular case is long term antibiotic treatment
>>
>>29681502
You're on summer vacation right? I wouldn't be surprised if your skin has cleared up because you're at home and not at school. Stress, resting your hand on your chin or touching your face at school where everything is disgusting could easily introduce different bacteria to your face.
Also I wanna make fun of you for thinking you've magically become an adult a week ago but it's actually sort of cute.
>>
File: 1438049213711.jpg (12 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1438049213711.jpg
12 KB, 258x245
>mfw people cry about their acne on /r9k/ rather than call a dermatologist who will eventually cure it for them because they're too beta to pick up a phone and make an appointment
>>
>>29681618
>mfw I have seen several dermatologist and have been on many medication and topical treatment
>26 and still have redmarks, acne and blackheads

>j-j-j-just see a dermatologist bro!
>>
>>29681618

Most of the people in this thread seem to have actually resolved their acne or are seeing a derm but still suffering from it.
>>
>>29681616
One thing I'd say to watch out when you're at home is dust. Fucking dust. That might make it flare up.

>>29681618
Derma gave me one choice and that was accutane. I said no and he had no alternatives. It cleared up for the most part afterwards so he can go fuck himself.
>>
File: 1436401348499.jpg (21 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1436401348499.jpg
21 KB, 396x385
>have terrible acne
>try accutane
>acne almost completely vanishes after 6 months
>no bad side effects, only dry skin (which isn't even that bad)
>>
Just slice 'em all open, drain those puss-filled sacs. You'll feel SO much better.
>>
>>29680791
>>29680898
>>29681087
>>29681095
>>29681187
Broscience and anecdotal evidence. The only advice that can be given by someone that will guaranteed clear up your skin is to see a dermatologist. I asked my dermatologist about the broscience and anecdotal evidence you see posted on 4chan and the internet and if it would help and he laughed in my face. The only thing that is true is that touching your face makes your skin worse.
>>
>>29680879
Microwavable food is total shit.
Normally I don't have any acne but at the moment I start eating microwave food, frozen prepared food etc I start getting any types of shit on my skin or inside my mouth.
Cut all sweet drinks, soda and other shit.
Water and tea.
Cook your food.
Rice or other grain plus chicken breast or eggs plus some vegies. It should clean your body.
Feasting(aka not eating or limiting eating one day in a week) help too.
Don't snack unless its carrots/apples/bananas other fruits.
>>
>>29681686
Then you're beyond help senpai. You're like the fat person who truly is fat because of their genetics and consistent and well-done dieting/exercise literally doesn't help them lose weight. Nothing will help your skin then, you should just kill yourself.
>>
>>29681691
I had same experience. After 6 months of accutane, acne gone. Also had dry lips but nothing bad
>>
>>29681686
>poor compliance
the real reason why acne and depression are "so hard to treat"
>>
>>29681757
>these people complaining about their acne
>just see a dermatologist!
>what that does not work?
>your beyond help

you dont even try
>>
>>29681616
I've actually been very stressed out the past week, probably the most stressed I've been in my life so far. Maths has just swallowed me and spat me back out, and I'm biting my nails over whether I've got a B or an A; if I don't get an A then I'll have disappointed my teachers, tutors and parents. So that's my life for the next month until I get the results. I also have a University entrance exam in two weeks, which if I don't pass then I'm royally fucked.

I think the stress took me through the motions of maturity.
I've eliminated all the other causes. I didn't have excessive sebum. Bacteria doesn't sound plausible since I wash my face well and I don't use a dirty loofah or anything like that, nor do I exfoliate too much. I would use medical anti-bacterial face swabs on affected areas which should have killed bacteria. And I moisturised. My acne didn't get much better.

In many acne sufferers it just miraculously disappears one day.
>>
>>29681775
I have followed through with every treatment suggestion by my dermatologist religiously
>>
>>29681788
You are, if you have been prescribed a bunch of different medications by a dermatologist and you actually applied them as prescribed to no avail then you're beyond help and nothing will cure your acne. I'm assuming you've tried accutane, if you haven't try that, if you have then you're fucked.
>>
>acne all my life
>tried everything except accutane
>finally decide to give up and stop caring
>don't wash my face at all
>after 2 weeks of not putting anything on my face skin is clear and smooth
>no new pimples just oily
>>
File: 1444423855197.png (258 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1444423855197.png
258 KB, 800x800
>>29681808
>this guy thinks stress is kickstarting his acne going away
>>
File: 1467111321522.jpg (134 KB, 1080x1349) Image search: [Google]
1467111321522.jpg
134 KB, 1080x1349
>>29680879

fucking wewissimus laddus, get fit man and don't eat that crap
>>
>>29681618
>NEETS
>affording a dermatologist
>>
One of the only good decisions I've made in my life was getting on Accutane at the end of high school. Starting Uni with clear skin was amazing, even though I dropped out and went NEET.
>>
File: 1390278580617.jpg (51 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1390278580617.jpg
51 KB, 251x242
>accutane shills
every time just like the finasteride shills in balding threads
>>
>>29681709
I agree with your overall point but diet and exercise play a major part in your health so even if it makes no difference to your skin you should be doing that shit anyway. Hormones are usually more of a factor for women.
>>
You know what really triggers me? Girls having the gall to call guys with acne or other blemishes ugly or judging them for it when they can cover their shit up with make up.
>>
>>29681912
Accutane is the best thing to take when you've exhausted every other option.
>>
>>29681709
My doctor did the same, except he failed to address the fact cutting dairy from my diet immediately had favorable effects to my skin. Last pimple was gone after a week, the redness was gone in a month.

Same doctor also wanted to treat my mental issues with a therapy of walking barefoot in a forest. While I'm sure some doctors are great, it's not impossible yours is also a mong. Just try cutting dairy for a while, see what it does. And stop touching your face. Let it heal.
>>
>>29681912
I will shill Accutane until the day I die because of how well it worked for me. I don't want anyone else with acne to suffer
>>
File: shilling bots.jpg (827 KB, 2520x2430) Image search: [Google]
shilling bots.jpg
827 KB, 2520x2430
>>29681912
/r9k/ is a very susceptible board for shilling
>>
who /backne/ here?

My face barely has any zits anymore but my back is COVERED.

How do I get fix this, senpai? I don't eat bad food and I'm only maybe like 1-2 pounds overweight.
>>
>>29681815
>I have followed through with every treatment suggestion by my dermatologist religiously
you also need to go through treatments consistently and systematically. i think a lot of people fail on that part.

one or twice a year their treatment is interrupted. maybe they don't care at all because the particular rx wasn't working. but then the treatment isn't continued promptly or systematically.
>>
>>29681912
you'd be surprised how well accutane actually works. But if you'd rather be a pizza face then go ahead, dismiss all the actual advice.
>>
>>29681988
boil a pot of water and pour it down your back
>>
>>29681988
My acne was also mostly on back but after accutane my back is completely clean. Though I occasionally get few small zits on face
>>
>>29680721
im a grown ass man at 25 still getting pimples, my robotic autism will follow me until the end of days, cursing my face with blemishes and scars.
>>
>>29682066
actually might work. i had a large portion of skin on my back burnt off by boiling oil because my ex was fucking crazy and now that area of skin never gets bacne. took forever to heal up though
>>
>>29681988

Wash your sheets you filthy scumlord
>>
Thank you for making this thread op. I agree with all of your feels completely
I have a dermatologist apt in two weeks and if they don't prescribe accutane I'll have to go to a different one
>feel like an ugly autistic with all this acne
>know that clearing it up will take months if not years
>most people even other robots have know idea about these feelings
>the dream of having clear skin keeps me going even though I know I'm placing way too much importance on it
I feel better after writing that thanks bros
Where there's life there's hope I suppose
>>
>20 years of age
>went to a dermatologist over a year ago
>prescribed two different topicals, one for day and one for night
>religiously showering twice a day, using facewash, and then the correct topical
>washing sheets and pillow cases every two days (religiously), at most going four days until i wash them
>drinking the correct amount of water each day
and I still have fucking acne problems

there's like no hope, I refuse to do accutane because of the possible side affects. it's so frustrating how good my hygiene is but people will look at the acne and discard me.
>>
>>29681957
If dairy affects your skin, it means you have an allergy.
>>
Accutane worked for me. Had severe acne till 18.
>>
I might need to use accutane, robots. Can anyone tell me what side effects I might encounter? The thing is, I get acne in places out of nowhere and such, I get clear skin one day, and the next I get random pimples. ;-;
>>
>>29681955
well, strictly speaking you could wear make-up too

you might look like a poofter but the choice is yours
>>
>>29680721
Stop drinking milk
Stop touching your face
Get a haircut
Wash your sheets and pillowcases
>>
>>29684827
See I do all of that and it only helps so much

Granted it might be way worse than it is, but there's no fail proof way to get rid of it if you have bad genetics
>>
>>29684708
Yep, got on accutane when I was 16, acne was gone. Only get random white heads niw.
>>
>>29684708
>>29684892
There's a good chance your GI tract is fucked. Hope it was worth it.
>>
>>29684799
>I might need to use accutane, robots. Can anyone tell me what side effects I might encounter?
all
>>
>>29684827
cook and eat semen like scramgbled eggs
wear a hat in the shower
eat lying down
use a ski mask
>>
>>29680721
Try kelp supplements, wash your skin with tea tree oil and hot water every day, clean your pillow cases often and maybe try putting a bit of hemp oil on your face before you sleep every night. You filthy animal.
>>
>fragile bones is one of the side effects of accutane
FUCK THAT SHIT
>>
I'm 26 and get usually get mistaken for an 18/19 year old because of my horrible scarring. Accutane finally cleared up my skin, but I'm left with 9 years of scarring. My complexion looks pretty gross to be honest. I'm thinking of trying those roller things since my dermatologist quoted lazer skin surgery at $1400 for my level of damage.
>>
>tfw black heads
atleast I look fine from a distance
>>
>>29685166
>. I'm thinking of trying those roller things since my dermatologist quoted lazer skin surgery at $1400 for my level of damage.

that's cheap as fuck for any type of surgery
i have severe scars too, not too worried about surgery in the near term but i figured 5-10 times that
>>
What is it about accutane that makes people so actively butthurt?
Most would rather live with side effects instead of acne so you're not scaring anyone
>>
just in case you don't already do this

>gentle cleanser every day
>sunscreen every single day
>moisturizer every day
>ONLY chemical exfoliation (glycolic/lactic acid, salicylic acid)
>cut out dairy
>>
File: S1939KHHnAt1.png (115 KB, 247x238) Image search: [Google]
S1939KHHnAt1.png
115 KB, 247x238
>>29680721
>tfw never had any problems with acne before in my life
>all my other siblings had the most horrible acne problems and I didn't even feel it
>>
>>29680721
>Wash your face several times throughout the day with just water
>change pillow cases
That should help
>>
>>29680721
best is to get a good doctor, ideally someone that does functional medicine or naturopathy. acne is caused mostly by hormone imbalance and bad diet, but also by gut dysbiosis and an overwhelmed detox system (like your liver, especially).

look into eating low glycemic/low carb and "real food", plus avoiding oils high in omega-6 fatty acids (they're pro inflammatory).

some nutritional supplements that tend to be helpful without making things worse: N-Acetyl-Cysteine, Alpha Liphoic Acid, Selenium, Zinc, milk thistle extract
>>
>>29686099
>>cut out dairy
also this helps a lot of people
>>
>follow meme advice to eat better and acne gradually disappear for me
>thought ride would be over
>acne scars everywhere, have bunch of tiny red dots on my face
>dermabrasion helps a little bit but not enough to totally solve the problem
>wear minimal makeup like a girl to give appearance of acne-free skin

It never completely disappears. You will never have the perfect skin someone with no acne possesses.
>>
File: 1456290819080.png (59 KB, 175x161) Image search: [Google]
1456290819080.png
59 KB, 175x161
>no acne since high school
>drop out of college after a year, spend two years as a NEET
>start up college again intending to turn my life around
>literally the week before I go back to college my acne comes back
>six months later its full blown cystic acne and my entire fucking face is full of itchy scars and pockmarks
trolled hard lmao
>>
>>29686586
Whats the name of the makeup you wear bro I'm considering that
>>
>>29686633
I'm in a pretty similar bind bro
I give you my understanding and support
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.