[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there was a random coincidence where you met the love of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: zzzzz77777722.jpg (60 KB, 446x362) Image search: [Google]
zzzzz77777722.jpg
60 KB, 446x362
>there was a random coincidence where you met the love of your life by chance but you missed it
>>
>>29680427
Robots had no chance to begin with
>>
There's no free will (whether the universe is deterministic or indeterministic) so if something didn't happen it wasn't "meant" to happen.

Thoughts just come to you. You can't choose to think something without thinking it, and you can't consciously choose not to think about something (it's like when someone tells you you'll go to hell if you imagine your mom naked)
>>
File: 1436190589430.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1436190589430.gif
1 MB, 320x180
Should I buy a Royal or Big Mac next time fAm?

I fucking love having a job and being able to spend on whatever I want
>>
Also, I will never have the love of my life because of my small dick. Women will only love you or more precisely be tamed by you if your dick is big enough. sub 5.5"? no go
>>
>>29681930

It's really not true. You're just psyching yourself out.

There are women who have no vagina (disease, birth defects, whatever). Why would they care about a small penis

and those are just extreme examples
>>
>>29681878

>You can't choose to think something without thinking it, and you can't consciously choose not to think about something

Never heard of CBT?

>if something didn't happen it wasn't "meant" to happen.

Prove it f a m
>>
File: 1421832096398.jpg (8 KB, 250x243) Image search: [Google]
1421832096398.jpg
8 KB, 250x243
>>29681878

One of my biggest fears, is that "time" is circular. Like, I'm just living this one and only life over and over again, every cycle of the universe. When I die, I'll be born once more to do it all over again without the memories. That's a tough thought for me.
>>
>>29681981

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_return

how is this link not original
>>
File: dat boi.jpg (50 KB, 863x853) Image search: [Google]
dat boi.jpg
50 KB, 863x853
>>29681980

>Never heard of CBT?

Oh, I have.

But how can CBT teach you to not think of something? By the time you've thought of something, you've already thought of it. So you can't choose to not think of it--it's too late.

I don't doubt CBT can be a conditioning factor that can alter your thought patterns, but that just means you're reconditioned, not that you're consciously choosing not to think those things. By the time the idea not to think of something enters your consciousness, you've already thought of that thing.

Don't think of corn.

How can you do that? By the time you've decided not to think of corn, you've already thought about corn.

>Prove it f a m

If everything is caused, then everything that happens was predetermined because each thing was the effect of a cause, and that cause was the effect of a previous cause, and so on.

If some things happen without causes (like supposedly acausal quantum events), that still means then they were "meant" to happen in the sense that that's what actually did happen and you couldn't have just "chosen" to make those quantum events have happened differently because if you could've, then those events wouldn't have been acausal (rather they would have been caused by you).
>>
>>29682049
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_return

>opposing argument

I feel slightly better.
>>
>>29680427
I met someone who probably would have dated me, but they don't fit my "ideal soulmate" template.

Even if they counted as a soulmate nothing would cause me to pursue.
>>
>>29682147

Soulmates are a myth dude.
>>
>>29681981

That would kind of suck for me because my life has been pretty shitty
>>
>>29682178
I know that. That's why I will be forever alone. The romantic ideal is better than nothing is better than reality. There is a small chance I can be knocked to reality by someone I think is soulmate level. But I'd have to find them, start dating them, then break up.
>>
>>29682084

Lol you are profoundly retarded

CBT teaches you not to think of things - in the future. Not in the present.
>>
>>29681981
>die
>lose all memory of past life
>born again

How would you ever know you were ever previously born? you could be reborn as someone completely different
>>
>>29682251

>Lol you are profoundly retarded

This adds nothing to the conversation senpai.

>CBT teaches you not to think of things - in the future. Not in the present.

Give an example for how that would work.
>>
>>29682331

Why don't you consult wikipedia - I'm not a therapist
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.