[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/oldtimes/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
File: vhs.jpg (1 MB, 4559x2529) Image search: [Google]
vhs.jpg
1 MB, 4559x2529
>tfw late 90's/early-mid 2000's

Literally the final years of all that was good in society. If you're not at least in your early-mid 20's by now, I'm sorry you never knew this feel.
>>
File: uppitynigga.jpg (249 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
uppitynigga.jpg
249 KB, 2000x1000
>>29677170
Nostalgia is for faggots.

I didn't get to live through the 90's as a teenager so you faggots aren't allowed to reminisce about it.
>>
>>29677170
Those years were the best here in Ireland too. It was the perfect balance of technology and political climate. We weren't overly religious like the '60s but we weren't secular and voting for degeneracy such as gay marriage like nowadays. Plus it was the start of an economic boom so we had wealth but not multiculturalism because we weren't long established as 1st world. Plus it just seemed sunnier then but that could be selective memory.

In a more international sense, the culture just seemed better too. Computer games and browsing the internet were more enjoyable because there was less stuff to do so the opportunity cost wasn't as great for any activity. Not to mention, the internet wasn't sterile then with the focus on social media and smartphones but realistically that was the case until 2010.
>>
>>29677433
I feel quite smug that I get to feel this and kids just a few years young don't.

>>29677481
How old are you? From what you're saying you must be an oldfag.

>that big, fresh new boom of innovative vidya, music and movies
>>
> optimal age for that sweet sweet nostalgia
> from Soviet Bloc

Whenever I get a hint of turn-of-the-millenium America I have to imagine what being a white teenager in suburbia was like at the time...

> you'll never do it all for the nookie again

I hate the iPhone and what it represents, that's like the birth of Jesus in terms of severing the cultural history in two.
>>
File: c62.jpg (136 KB, 546x700) Image search: [Google]
c62.jpg
136 KB, 546x700
>>29677481
>degeneracy
back to pol you go
>>
>>29677170
>mid 20s
what the fuck does that even mean nigga? occasionally i will forget my birthday but in a few months i will be 24
i have no degree, no gf, and no ambitions

suck my dick
>>
File: 1464941381039.jpg (23 KB, 419x483) Image search: [Google]
1464941381039.jpg
23 KB, 419x483
>>29677170
Here's my fav early Internet nostalgia video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPHLSC635CM&t=33

>>29678832
And this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs0a3e_SBI0
>>
>>29677170
>the final years of all that was good in society
never existed
society always shifted from one kind of fucked up to another
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.