[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are philosophers so fucking useless? I mean it's the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 1441097353836.jpg (38 KB, 312x446) Image search: [Google]
1441097353836.jpg
38 KB, 312x446
Why are philosophers so fucking useless?

I mean it's the current year and they still haven't found a solution to my existential crisis.
>>
Maybe they have but you haven't found their answer yet.
>>
>>29675679
why does your existential crisis matter
>>
File: 1461392478979.jpg (99 KB, 703x516) Image search: [Google]
1461392478979.jpg
99 KB, 703x516
Why be unhappy when you could just be happy?
>>
yes they have

read the myth of sisyphus
>>
>>29675679
Just be yourself and learn to code bro
>>
Why are computer scientists so fucking useless?

I mean it's the current year and they still haven't found a solution to the P vs. NP problem.
>>
>>29675679
Why are robots so fucking useless?

I mean it's the current year and they still haven't found a solution to >no gf.
>>
Why are biomedical scientists so fucking useless?

I mean it's the current year and they still haven't found a solution to curing cancer.
>>
>>29675823
>>29675834
>>29675867
all of those things are legitimately useless tho

>inb4 compsci majors start swarming in
>>
Schopenhauer eternally ended the argument. Life is shit and if you can't see it, you're blind or already dead. To have children and force someone to live is to commit the highest of crimes to humanity.
>>
>>29675888
>you can do anything bad or good to somebody who doesn't exist
anti-natalists are retarded
>>
>>29675799
Not OP but I tried reading this the other day and after a few pages I found myself both thoroughly confused and thoroughly bored at what I was reading. I think I'd maybe enjoy some of his fiction though.
>>
"Just be yourself"

t. Nietzsche.
>>
>>29676628
>it's "anon makes an underrated post" episode
>>
>>29676444
>non consensually dragging you into a world full of pain and suffering or at least endless toil until the day you die
>not the work of evil
>>
>>29676628
I thought philosophy equivalent of bee urshelf is
'Imagine Sisyphus happy.'
>>
>>29676444
>slapping random labels on people who are just expressing compassion
if being compassionate is anti-natalism then so be it.
>>
>>29675679
>I mean it's the current year and they still haven't found a solution to my existential crisis.
There's absolutely no evidence backing the concept of non-existence if it makes you feel better. It's as hypothetical as -5i.
>>
>>29675679
>Why are philosophers so fucking useless?

Have you considered that if they never found the solution, it may mean that there's none? Or that humans aren't wired to find it.

The sisyphus meme is just a grandiose way to say we need to accept this shit because there's nothing else anyway.

I would argue that, all things equals and admitting that nothing matters, joy seems a better choice for the individual. People will argue that it's just chemicals in your brain, but so are all the other options.

> Existential crisis

What if I told you that you could fix it temporarily by watching faces of strangers in the street, and by having physical contacts with humans?
It's anecdotal but that's my personnal experience with it.
>>
>>29675823
We already basically know the answer. We just don't have proof that it is what it fucking obviously is.
P!=NP, otherwise shit would be too easy
>>
>>29676667
>talking about things not being the work of evil
>misses hell quads by one digit
>>
File: 1447223216736.jpg (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1447223216736.jpg
18 KB, 300x300
>>29677208
comment serial number 438957
>>
>>29675679
Philosophers are nothing but mental masturbators.
>>
>Hasn't read Kierkegaard or Nietszhe
Fuck off
>>
>>29677585
oh look its one of these dumbasses
>>
>he thinks about the meaning of life
>he doesn't know there is no meaning and he should probably start doing heroine immediately

stop being an autist
>>
>>29675679
>I mean it's the current year and they still haven't found a solution to my existential crisis.

There is no inherent meaning to anything, but so what? Either accept that and do whatever you want, or make up your own meaning.
>>
>>29677613

I have a problem with Nietzche, he explains the problems and flaws of others very clearly but when it comes to solving them he suddenly goes "oh look, just throw the golden ball, how joyful were the pre-socratic greeks, be wary of females and bring a whip with you" then he orbited his one itis Lou Salome.

Also his biography is suspect. He's the only dude on Earth who got syphilis from playing the piano in a brothel.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.