[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what gets used in your area? a breathalyzer or a field sobriety test
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: imgres.jpg (6 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
6 KB, 274x184
what gets used in your area?
a breathalyzer or a field sobriety test
>>
i dont even know. in 14 years of driving i've never had to do either. i've only been pulled over twice, both times for a brake light/headlight being out
>>
Most cops do not carry breathalyzers. They use the field sobriety test and then will usually have an officer that does carry a breathalyzer come over if they are suspected of driving under the influence of alcohol.
>>
>>29675259
A breathalyzer.

Why the fuck would they ever have people do some tests which are time consuming and have a chance of being passed by an intoxicated person rather than getting them to blow for 20 seconds into an apparatus?
>>
>>29675314
don't they use the field test to determine if someone is just unfit to drive even if they aren't over the limit?
>>
>>29675314
thats what i thought, how can they reliably tell the difference between a drunk person and a clumsy/tired/retarded one

>>29675285
not even for a random stop, or im guessing they dont have that in your area
>>
>>29675360
>not even for a random stop, or im guessing they dont have that in your area

i've never been randomly stopped, i've never seen a drunk stop either where they cone off a rode. i guess they might do that near bars but i never go to bars so yea
>>
>>29675377
Closest I've seen is they have these road stops where they just walk up to the car and ask if you have been drinking. I said no. And drove on.

My guess is that if I'd have slurred my words, looked fucked up, or smelled like alcohol, they'd have checked me out more.
>>
>>29675377
hmm, around here random stops are very common, especially on public holidays or trouble areas, or if the cops just a cunt-nugget

its a simple test, pull over, blow, keep going or go to jail
>>
File: 1436977796251.jpg (26 KB, 508x524) Image search: [Google]
1436977796251.jpg
26 KB, 508x524
>>29675423
Don't they need probable cause for stopping you?
>>
>>29675423
cops are more relaxed up here i guess, i'm in the north east. i've sped past speed traps plenty of times and have never been stopped, like doing 45-50 in a 40 zone, they generally don't care about that. i wouldn't do that on a holiday or this weekend though, they get ticket happy around holidays. but in general they don't seem to really care as long as you aren't being a belligerent dip shit doing like 55+ in a 40 zone. pretty much no one does the speed limit here.
>>
>>29675445
not for RBTs(random breath tests)
but generally if you arnt swerving or acting moronic, and its not a high risk area/day. then they leave you alone
random drug tests are becoming a thing too

my country is becoming a police state
>>
>>29675546
I don't even drink but it would piss me off getting pulled over when I haven't done anything wrong.

I mean I wouldn't be a martyr but it would still tick me off
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.