[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ugliness Everywhere
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7
I know everyone looks at the past with rose-tinted glasses, but it really seems like people, women in particular, are becoming uglier. By extension, other facets of life, such as art, music, and architecture are becoming uglier as well.

Hypothesis: The cause has something to do with the ongoing revolt against traditional beauty standards, the prevalence of highly-processed junk food, the trendiness of gender-bending, and our lowest-common-denominator participation trophy culture.

I work my ass off at 2 jobs, save up money, try and find time in between that to exercise and stay in shape, to try and meet new people, take girls out on dates, but what for? why bother?

Amorphous blobs of indeterminate sex expect me to love the features I find repellent. Those who manage some semblance of attractiveness still manage to be ugly through their combative, insecure personalities.
The pinnacle of female beauty is a turkish cosplayer.
My masculine desire for youthful feminine beauty is sick and creepy while drunken ratchetbitch promiscuity is something celebrated.

It's hard to not drink every day. Drinking, and daydreaming about the world being engulfed in a cleansing fire.
>>
File: re070323004.jpg (86 KB, 447x655) Image search: [Google]
re070323004.jpg
86 KB, 447x655
Well-written, and interesting view. I support this.
>My masculine desire for youthful feminine beauty is sick and creepy while drunken ratchetbitch promiscuity is something celebrated.
This one hit the hardest.
>>
File: spooky trumpet skellington.gif (173 KB, 250x227) Image search: [Google]
spooky trumpet skellington.gif
173 KB, 250x227
>it really seems like people, women in particular, are becoming uglier. By extension, other facets of life, such as art, music, and architecture are becoming uglier as well.

could you expand further on this? how does women's continuing degradation of true beauty in your mind affect those various aspects of art specifically? can you not separate the great things humans have created from your affliction with women? or have the two always been connected for you?

>Those who manage some semblance of attractiveness still manage to be ugly through their combative, insecure personalities.

What was the worst date as far that description goes? What exactly would you consider your ideal girl?
>>
File: 1467240669199.jpg (122 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1467240669199.jpg
122 KB, 640x640
Are you saying literally every girl you've ever had romantic interest in wasn't up to your standards?
>>
>>29675396
>could you expand further on this? how does women's continuing degradation of true beauty in your mind affect those various aspects of art specifically?

He already explained in the line following that:
>Hypothesis: The cause has something to do with the ongoing revolt against traditional beauty standards, the prevalence of highly-processed junk food, the trendiness of gender-bending, and our lowest-common-denominator participation trophy culture.
>>
>>29675490

thanks anon, how do i reading comprehension?
>>
>>29675542
You can't be blamed for it, if you've been browsing 4chan for too long your brain begins to errode, and your attention span and reading comprehension go with it.

Source: myself. Books are one of the only things that make me happy, and I can't make myself read books anymore because I lose focus and get tired almost immediately.
>>
>>29675173
It's just a symptom of bad times. Something similar happened in the 70s. Everything got depressingly brown and tacky. These things run in cycles.

At some point people get tired of the tackiness and want some beauty back in their lives.
>>
>>29675173
Murica is a lost cause. It literally has no future.

If you want beauty, you're going to have to seek it elsewhere, preferrably somewhere that hasn't got corrupted by Murican culture.
>>
File: 1462743573027.jpg (25 KB, 458x360) Image search: [Google]
1462743573027.jpg
25 KB, 458x360
>>29675396
There was a meme which showed when men dressed women and when women dressed themselves. Of course women dressing themselves was feminist fashion.

The female ugliness is tied with the decadente of art, you see, men used women as their ideal, you always see these ancient romance books who have a guy who has to gain the love of the lady and will improve himself in hopes that the lady will noticed him. Women are a thing in which we can focus to better ourselves. At least they were, nowadays, do you really want to improve, to be on the elite, just to have a girl make you a cuck, steal your money and go fuck a Chad? I don't think so.

The art decayed because of this, men don't find inspiration in women anymore, there isn't a lady to rescue and if you try to rescue a lady she is going to shout how she can do things herself.

Also, it doesn't matter OP tastes. For what he said I already have an Idea of his tastes in women, it's tricky because you can't say that you want a stay at home submissive wife without being accused of being a jerk.
>>
>>29675693
Writing from the phone. Sorry.
>>
>>29675173
Sorry to be off topic OP, but is there a style of photos like this? I've seen a few, would it just be glitch art?
>>
>>29675396
Well, I'm revealing my powerlevel here, but I dabble in art and music myself, but the present day creative 'scene' has a certain vibe to it that doesn't appeal to me- Lots of 'twee', overly sentimental poetry, inspirational quotes about loving yourself, the pretension of being 'nerdy outsiders'. It's all so very safe, fake, comfortable, conformist.

The work of eccentric internet lolcows like classic Chris-Chan, despite being low-effort shit, I find far more fascinating and authentic. This weird autistic dude building his own little fantasy world, obsessing over his sweetheart.

I also like the whole vaporwave/synthwave aesthetic for this reason. In it, I see a sort of throwback to classical beauty, when there was a sort of polar tension between masculine and feminine.

With that polarity between male and female disappearing, things seem less exciting, less worth expending effort over.

Worst date was some semi-attractive punk rock girl who stood me up twice in a row and then posted bitchy passive-aggressive facebook posts. Or the girl who hid the fact that she was a stripper until I picked her up for the date, then spent most of the time talking to her friends at the bar.

Ideal girl? I'm not really so traditionalist that I want a 1950s housewife. Just someone who is primarily feminine, but has enough of a masculine side to enjoy going on adventures and doing edgy boy stuff with me.
I think the ideal, according to Mencken, was that great men and women had just a smidgen of the opposite gender in them- That's different than full-blown transsexualism.
>>
File: That one part of that movie.jpg (52 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
That one part of that movie.jpg
52 KB, 500x750
"Manly" means "Kevin-Smith-looking beardo who buys a lot of useless North Face crap" now. Chicks and upmarket fags want to fuck their dads, I guess.

Everyone's being hit by the wave of whatever-the-fuck-this-is, not just women.

I'm a fantasist airhead, so I've started to wonder if this isn't some AI secretly prepping us for instrumentality or something, but that way probably lies schizophrenia.
>>
This post was refreshing. Today, OP was not a faggot. I'm drinking a big cup of coffee mixed with baileys before work because work without at least two drugs in my system is unbearable. Wish I had some cannabis too, but I'm outta weed. Godspeed, OP.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.