[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For the last 2 weeks I've been getting solicited by a tech
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
For the last 2 weeks I've been getting solicited by a tech start up in California to be a systems engineer for a retarded amount of money. I've talked to the CEO, some software engineers, the director of engineering, the CTO, etc etc and they've all been very pleased with me. I feel like I'm misleading them and don't deserve whatever interest or respect they might have for me.

I guess some context might help. I'm a 19 year old male and have previously been a systems administrator for an industrial pulp mill. I've got some pretty screwed up opinions of myself and bad self-esteem after being bullied for like 10 years.I'm sincerely having a hard time reconciling that smart people might actually be interested in me

I've got a job right now as a systems administrator for a smallish retail chain with 38 locations and I've been rolling some out pretty big infrastructure changes for them.
I get paid about half what this other job is offering but I'm concerned that given that it's a remote position in another country the lack of communication might make me seem as if I do nothing and then I've lost both the new job and my old one.

I'm feeling pretty bummed out about the whole situation.
>>
My only advice especially as former sys admin myself is with any job never count your eggs before they hatch. As in don't jump to anything until you have that offer in hand. Also you don't have tell me the rate exactly but how much is better?

Also where is it? I would move to a good job but it depends where I'm not going to the boonies in some bun hole out in the Midwest neither am I moving to a city that's cold and has high crime like Detroit.

The same goes for cost of living and if it's a livable place worth setting roots.
>>
It would be a remote position so I would never need to move. There was talk about sending me off to Long Island for a week or something with one of their senior software engineers to orientate though.

It's a 30k increase in pay before taxes and I'd receive similar benefits to what I currently have.

My cost of living is basically nothing. Even with my current job I'm putting away >$1500 a month like it's nothing.
>>
>>29675085
nice humble brag there bro
>>
>>29675085
>I get paid about half what this other job is offering
>>29675246
>It's a 30k increase in pay before taxes

Ok, so you're going from 30k to 60k? That's a decent bump. Just keep in mind tech start-ups are ephemeral. Most either flame-out, or they get bought out (and most of the staff laid off).
>>
>>29676199

About half, It's actually 42k to 70k
>>
>>29675085
So you got your BS at 19?
>>
>>29676221

I've got a diploma from a technical college. I graduated high school when I was 17.
>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>/adv/ fuck offf scum faggottttttttt
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.