[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is becoming a priest an easy way to sustain a living without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: priest-01.jpg (98 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
priest-01.jpg
98 KB, 1600x1600
Is becoming a priest an easy way to sustain a living without actually working or relying on parents/autismbux?
>>
Given that it's like a 6 year education and you have to work every day no.
>>
>>29673752
>6 year education

What the fuck? Really?
>>
>>29673774
In Germany yes. I figure it's close everywhere else in the civiliced world. You could become a prot priest though. They don't even follow the bible so just say what people want to her and gather a following
>>
>>29673700
Lol dude do you even know how a seminary works?
Ypu'll have to study hard for years, and will have to work hard too. When, IF you finally become a priest, you'll be sent to a shit town in the end of the world to take care of a small failed church where you will be stuck for the next 5 years IF you manage to revive that shit. Then you go climbing step by step in the hierarchy untill you become a bishop or a paroch of a bigger nicer church in a decent town.
It's a hard life my friend. In no way it's a "escape route" for an easier life.
It might be easier for other religions though. But in the end you'll have to be good at public speaking and giving sermons and speeches.
>>
>>29673700

absolute worst job for someone with poor social skills.
>>
>>29673856
It is in aus too, to be a proper priest you need an education in the field. It's at least a few years full time, and yeah, they work every day really. They get everything provided for them for free, and get a basic amount of money for other stuff, but they pretty much have to always be doing something, or just waiting around in the church for people.

Wouldn't be an easy life unless you're incredibly pious and just love doing that work.
>>
>>29673700
Hell no. You definitely need at least a 4 year theology degree and you get paid literally by nothing, like the donations to the church I think. Also most of them aren't on social security so they can't retire

Only plus is you can probably get a 7/10 christian gf easy and cum in her pussy with no condom eventually to procreate
>>
>>29674201
Filth Protestant scum. True Catholic priests have no girlfriends. The celibacy and castity are oaths sworn, never to be broken.
>>
>>29674277
Huh, really? I know a guy who went to a prestigious bible college and I think is becoming a priest. He just got hitched to an 8/10 no problem. Pretty sure he's roman catholic but could be wrong I guess
>>
>>29674277
>The celibacy and castity are oaths sworn, never to be broken.
>Catholic priests
>Celibate

So is there some fine print in the bible somewhere that says 9-year-olds don't count?
>>
So, what about some sort of monk instead? Priest, I can see, will need to really work to provide for their congregation's needs. But a life of silent contemplation, tending a garden, and making some beer or brandy or something seems ok.

In an Indian ashram I've been told, you just show up and meditate. You're housed, fed, etc.
>>
>>29673700
Once you get a parish after like ten years of school plus junior work, it gets a lot more comfy if you're in a small town where the last couple priests weren't pedophiles and there's no lawsuit going on.

But even then you have to at least do Mass and confession every day, plus any community outreach stuff, plus the church expects you to be doing some sort of academic research and writing in your spare time. You also get paid like shit unless you're a bishop, probably in the range of neatbux, although you do get room, board, and usually a decent second hand car.

Monks are barely a thing any more and their work is generally manual labour. This really only goes on in like Eastern Europe now.

Source: mother used to work as a secretary at a parish.
>>
Eastern Orthodox Christianity is the best of both worlds. As godly/conservative as Catholics but the priests can get married and fuggg.
>>
>>29674858

I visited a monastery once. They finance their life of NEETdom by selling whiskey and souvenirs at jacked-up prices, soliciting donations and making you feel bad if you don't buy a 10-dollar coffee mug or something. Monks are the real jews.
>>
File: 1467127978497.png (666 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1467127978497.png
666 KB, 600x800
>>29673700

why not army? you can fulfill your desire for violence and they feed you.
>>
>>29675064
Doesn't sound that bad, meng.
>>
>>29673700
I once joined an Amish commune for a few months, comfy but boring.
>>
>>29673700
i am greek christian orthodox and i envy the fuck out of my priest.

no education at all, didnt go to army, free house, good money all considering, works ONCE A FUCKING WEEK and always says hes so tired...

its the best man, all ppl respect him and give him their money.

its a very good way to make a living
>>
>>29675098
What is the appeal of Mia?
>Fake tits
>Not even cute
>No ass
>>
>>29674085
This. Your entire job is interacting with people in difficult social situations.
>>
>>29675224
Here's your (you). Now greentext it.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.