[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do normies...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: nmr.gif (3 KB, 518x342) Image search: [Google]
nmr.gif
3 KB, 518x342
consider wine to be more sophisticated than beer?
>>
Because it was harder to make in the olden days.
Grapes were more valuable than peasant grain, and the flavor changes more distinctly with age.
>>
It goes better with more foods. I you drink while eating you're just being fancy and not an alcoholic. That's what I do now.
>>
>>29673482
>Because it was harder to make in the olden days.
Wrong. Wine is much easier to make.
Wine:
Harvesting, juicing, fermenting
Beer:
Harvesting, threshing, malting, drying, grinding, mashing (as in enzyme conversion, not like mashed potato), boiling, fermenting

The real reason is probably because beer has more calories per unit alcohol, which makes it more popular with poor people who are in real danger of starving. The boiling step helps poor people too, because they're less likely to have clean water. Anything associated with poor people is considered inferior regardless of quality.
>>
>>29673434
wine = Rome = civilization
beer = Germanic hordes = barbarism
add ~1900 years and the attitude persists, though most don't remember why
>>
>>29674310
I'm not referring to the actual process of winemaking.

Grapes only grew in certain temperate climates with the right soil conditions, they were a delicacy. Grain grows fuggin everywhere.
>>
wine just gives me headaches. i can't drink that shit. i like the taste, but i'm not dealing with wine headaches.
>>
>>29673434
Because they're retarded.

Saged.
>>
>>29674425
Bumped. Just to spite you.

>>29674423
Histamine or sulphur headaches? For the latter you can get organic wine.
>>
Speaking of beer, why does anyone like it anyway?
It tastes gross and isn't easy to get drunk with
>>
>>29674679
It tastes only gross and not strong enough when you are an underage kid and drink vodka to show how edgy you are.
>>
>>29674722
I drink vodka so I can get blackout drunk and not think about my life
What good is beer for that famiglia
>>
>>29674777
That's sad, nice trips, though.
>>
>>29674777
getting drunk as a way to not think about your life is a shit way to use alcohol

that's what dissociatives are for anon
>>
File: cargocult1[1].jpg (91 KB, 500x256) Image search: [Google]
cargocult1[1].jpg
91 KB, 500x256
Because they're fucking ignorant. It's the same kind of logic behind thinking reading makes you smarter (regardless of what you're actually reading). Same logic behind the parents who made their kids listen to classical music thinking it'd make them more intelligent. Same logic behind people who think video games are a 'lesser' form of entertainment and it's somehow more acceptable to spend two hours watching some braindead Marvel capeshit than spending two hours playing an FPS.

People like this don't actually understand anything. They experience the world in a wholly superficial way. I mean, take a look at the whole fake nerd trend, it's a pretty good example. These people want to reap all of the benefits of being a 'nerd' while discarding the many, many downsides. So you see these tools with their fake glasses and their Mario t-shirts and it's as if they believe the act of wearing the 'nerdy' glasses actually makes them smarter, it's as if they believe the act of wearing a t-shirt makes you a fan of something or gives you some kind of knowledge on it. It's magical thinking. It's like cargo cults, they see all our advanced technology like say, a radio, and they think they can make a radio themselves by making something that just LOOKS like a radio, but doesn't have any of the actually technology.

In short, they're just really fucking shallow.
>>
>>29674872
I have one friend who also does the same thing, so when we both drink we can just talk about bullshit and watch Jojo. Preddy gud
>>
>>29674408
> He doesn't know
> Egyptians drinking beer
>>
One thing is that so many of the beers you encounter in ordinary life taste so similar. All the shit beers of course taste the same. Then there are way too many super-hoppy micro brews out there. If you seek out interesting beers and not just "Local Cool-Sounding Microbrew Triple IPA" you'll end up having some really cool, really interesting beers.

Wine on the other hand, once the bottle is >= $8 or $9 will usually each taste different and interesting. Aside from mass-produced wine like Yellowtail, each one will be a bit different and there is a lot to appreciate. I think from this perspective, it's a lot easier and more to find "interesting" wine than "interesting" beer. I understand that you can be super into finding weird and interesting beers but for most people it's just not a thing they want to spend so much time on. It's much easier with wines.

Vodka, at least any vodka you normally encounter in America, is shit shit shit. It's just supposed to be flavorless alcohol so newbie drinkers can get drunk without having to taste anything. Vodka is below the bottom rung of alcohol in America, even "fancy" Vodka like Grey Goose just exists to be flavorless and get inexperienced drinkers drunk.
>>
>>29674722
Why would you drink only to feel slightly sleepy? Drinking to get drunk at least makes sense logically
>>
>>29674872
I can walk five minutes from my apartment and buy alcohol legally. I can't buy illegal drugs without being internet-savvy, knowing people IRL or having some basic street sense.
>>
>>29673434
Wine is literally meme-juice
>>
>>29673434
Wine is an overall better drink than beer, that's why.

Also it comes in so many distinguishable varities it's almost funny.
>>
seems mostly a new worlder thing
wine is still a peasant drink in Latin Europe, nothing sophisticated about it
>>
>>29675624
>so many distinguishable varities
You can literally trick professional wine tasters into thinking white wine is red by coloring it with food dye.

Beer has far more variety:
Different grains (barley, wheat, rye, oats, weird stuff)
Different hops (American, British and continental European varieties all have very different flavors)
Different roasts
Different microbes (ale yeasts, lager yeasts, brettanomyces, wild yeasts, lactic acid bacteria)
Different fermentation conditions (temperature makes a huge difference)
And that's not even including flavored beers, some of which are traditional and not just hipster gimmick beers.

Winemaking uses much less variety of ingredients, ingredient processing, microbes, and fermentation techniques.
>>
>>29675795
>trick professional
>profession
nice meme

White whine has a completely different flavour, also fake wine is easily distinguishable by actual professionals, and in general people that eat and drink good food.
>>
>>29676262
It wasn't professionals, but oenology students:
http://www.daysyn.com/Morrot.pdf

But that is still a big failure for people who should have good knowledge of wine.
>>
lol that graph says pp
>>
>>29676504
It says ppm (relative difference of resonance frequency compared to TMS)
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.