[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
manga
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: cover.jpg (24 KB, 200x314) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
24 KB, 200x314
Let's talk about manga.
Recommend, what are you reading currently, old favorites, whatever.
Just started pic.
>>
>>29673240
currently reading ''uzumaki''
I own volumes 1 and 2, third one should be coming in this weekend.

meh, it's not bad I guess, not a lot of substance to it but I love the art style and it can genuinely be creepy at times.

I wanted to get in to Sword of the Immortal but this shit was cheaper so I bought it instead, presumably a big mistake since everyone's telling me SoI is very good.

Not saying Uzumaki is bad, just not something you want to think about to much because the more you think the more everything doesn't make any fucking sense, and I look for the opposite when I buy manga

Oh, and I just got the first issue of Berzerk the other day, the anime was great but holy shit is it ever better in manga form, I'm loving the fuck out of it can't wait to get my hands on ep. 2
>>
>>29673418
Uzumaki is overrated, good body horror still I think but Junji Ito's other works are much better in my opinion, the short stories especially. Have you read Hellstar Remina?
>>
>>29673477
Never heard of it desu, but I just looked it up and the first images I saw from the search results seem interesting to say the least.

It's shitty that I live in a place where manga is virtually impossible to find (good manga), and I'm so tempted to read it online or something but I feel it would take away from the experience greatly, and ordering online isn't very practical (or cheap) for me so I guess I'm stuck to a cuck life of reading fucking naruto or one piece

fuck
>>
>>29673571
*shipping turns out to be x3 the price of the actual product*

the sad life of a slav weeb
>>
File: jigoku-no-alice-2053617.png (1 MB, 2530x1800) Image search: [Google]
jigoku-no-alice-2053617.png
1 MB, 2530x1800
I recommend Blame! and Desert Punk
Jigoku no Alice is also good as well but the updates are slow
>>
Finished reading second omnibus volume of Franken Fran.
It's a really odd feeling when you actually own physically a weird comedy/horror manga you've read on 4chan years ago.
Going to catch up on english releases of Vinland Saga now.
>>
Reading "I am a hero", "Alice in Borderland". Both are not outstandingly good.
As >>29673613 said, i too, recommend Blame! since it is an old favorite of mine. Also Claymore, it has a nice fantasy setting.
>>
>>29673477
Junji Ito is very overrated. The body horror in Uzumaki was pretty sickening but everything else is retarded. Hellstar Remina was one of the dumbest professional works I've read, a total waste of time.
>>
>>29673240
My long list in no particular order (I might misspell these since they're from memory);
Kokou no Hito (finished, very emotional. i was deeply moved by it)
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (finished, I liked the anime more)
Boys on the Run
Hinamatsuri
Berserk (My most highly rated but due to slow release it's not my "current" fave)
Vinland Saga (I don't like this one as much as others)
I am a Hero (current fave)
Gin to Kin
Jin
Monster (Highly overrated drama)
It's Not my Fault I'm Not Popular (Watamote)
Eden: It's an Endless World (finished)
Blame!
Nobunaga No Chef (Jin is similar and far superior)
Oyasumi PunPun (finished)
One Punch Man
Mob Psycho 100
Planetes (anime is good too)

That's all I can remember. I usually read these online first and if I really like them I buy the trade paperback. I don't think there's a big difference in enjoyment.
>>
Entry level shit, but be sure to read JoJo. I don't really like manga and anime and I absolutely love it.
>>
File: Dorohedoro.png (500 KB, 609x856) Image search: [Google]
Dorohedoro.png
500 KB, 609x856
I like Dorohedoro a lot.
>>
Homunculus is p. good.
>>
>>29673907
I'd like I am a hero more if the mc wasn't such a tard.
>>
I'm >>29673907 this guy and I can't believe I forgot Dorohedoro, highly recommend it as well.
>>29673928
Patrician desu
>>29673962
That's the point. He's a neckbeard with a shotgun.
>>
File: RokuBlues3.jpg (243 KB, 869x1272) Image search: [Google]
RokuBlues3.jpg
243 KB, 869x1272
Currently reading:
A-bout!
Bakuon Rettou
Bartender
Be-Bop High School
Berserk
Clover
Drifters
Osu!! Karate Bu
JoJoLion
Rokudenashi Blues
Shounan Junai Gumi
Super Ninja Dan
The Skull Man

I've been reading a lot of delinquent/yankii/bosozoku manga in the last few years, my top 5 of them are:
Rokudenashi Blues
Crows
Be-Bebop High School
Bakuon Rettou
Kyou Kara Ore Wa

It's a shame though because a lot of those series never get any scanlations.

My favourite of all time will forever be Fist of the North Star but the best manga ever written is either Ashita no Joe or Devilman. Possibly also Touch.
>>
>>29673240
Definitely Onani Master Kurosawa and Molester man

Both protagonist are kind of like robots
>>
>>29674253
Sometimes I get motivation to learn nip enough to read muh manga but I never will.
>>
>>29674253
>Devilman
I don't understand why this gets so much praise. It was a very generic manga. The high point for me was the monster design but the writing was pretty bad. People say Berserk is a ripoff of Devilman but if that's true Berserk has definitely surpassed the manga it was inspired by.
>>
>>29673240
Dragon Head is one of my favorite mangas and I would absolutely recommend it to anybody.
>>
File: image.jpg (146 KB, 1200x850) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146 KB, 1200x850
20th Century Boys is probably my favourite manga of all time. It switches between being really fucking comfy and really tense, and the overarching mystery of the plot is really interesting.

If you like Monster, read it. It's the same writer, and it's very similar but a lot more lighthearted (at least at some parts)
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.