[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Before i discovered /r9k/ i thought i was unique i felt like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
Before i discovered /r9k/ i thought i was unique
i felt like i couldnt relate to anything, i found this place a month ago
>felt like a outside since i was 16-25
>find this place
>what the hell
These people share the same feelings & experiences with me
i had no idea what 4chan even was, i started looking online, i was a archives wikipeadia fag since i was 19,
start browing /pol/ then found /r9k/

wow how did you guys manage to find this place?
>>
File: a0126590_2222268.jpg (42 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
a0126590_2222268.jpg
42 KB, 640x480
>>29668618
Well I don't have any friends, so browsed the internet, reddit/digg/gizmodo then predominantly 4chan. I don't know what to do with my time now after the appeal of /r9k/ wears off
>>
Never really been part of any other internet community. I imagine many others found this place like I did, from old flash websites like flash player and shit, I guess new grounds too.
>>
>>29668618
Heard about it from other people, it really is a blessing having a community of suicidal NEETs that share our feels
>>
I feel like I always knew "of" it. But I didn't start coming here till 2007 (noob, I know!!).
>>
my wife's son showed it to me one day and I've been here ever cents
>>
>>29668618
Edgy kid from boyscouts showed me /b/ when I was like 15. Browsed b for like a year then switched over other boards like /fit/ /mu/ and /r9k/. Been browsing 4chan for 5 years.
>>
I saw someone type REEEEEEEEEEEE in a YouTube comment around sometime last summer and decided to google where it came from. Found this place and never left.
>>
Was in '08. Found twoplustwo poker forums by going to the website on the back of a book I bought.

I found a thread on there that duplicated /sp/'s famous "solid 7" thread. Showed it to my college roommate, who told me he knew the thread was originally 4chan. I checked out every forum at the top of the page, been coming by around once a week ever since -- if only toremind myself I'm not the lowest form of human life there is.
>>
>>29668999
Noice get

These high-school seniors were browsing 4chan In the computer room and told me about it 4 months later I browse v then like 1 or 2 years ago I visited r9k for the first time and now I can't stop.
>>
File: 1409736802496.png (59 KB, 182x221) Image search: [Google]
1409736802496.png
59 KB, 182x221
>>29668618
>find this place
>immediately start on /pol/

so standard.
>>
>>29668618
"Friends" mentioned it years ago and so I came to check it out. They moved on but I never did.
>>
>>29668618

I've been on the internet for like 10 years but never went to 4chan.
I was on some forums that overtime lost more and more members and now the forums are dead. I have no friends so I was really desperate and my main interest is reading so I started out on /lit/.

Then I branched out learning the memes and found /r9k/ and it was great. Everyone says this place is cancer but it's kind of comforting yet scary to know that there's so many people out there like me.

One thing I don't like about r9k is that most of the posters seem to be around 19-21.
The reason the average age is so low is because these people are all becoming normies and then stop coming here. Basically there's a huge amount of people here who will become normies in a few years and they're just bullshitting about how bad they have it.
>>
Few weeks ago, I got bored from /pol/ and /v/. Started reading some stories and realized I would have fit in perfectly if I was younger (all of school - 22). I'm married with a kid now but I've been sharing a lot of stories from my younger days and I offer a lot of advice for finding decent women.
>>
Browsed /int/ for 2 years, a few weeks ago I got bored and came over. Looks like I'm in for the long run.
>>
>>29668618
I was browsing hiddenlol, you can find there a lot of stuff from 4chan
>>
i started off with /v/ just because my friend showed me. then i decided to look at another random board because i was tired of /v/ and now i frequent here and //
>>
>>29669498
and /mu/
>>
I girl I met on the internet told me about R9K
>>
>>29668618
I started coming here in 2009 and can't remember how I found it.
>>
>>29668618
I don't know. In 2004 word was getting around at college about /b/ but I hated it because CP is horrible and no catalog view so browsing was impossible. Dunno how they could stand it, the oldfags. FF a billion years and I one day discovered catalog. 4chan became suddenly a pleasure to read. learned of oregano filter, I got bullied to the point of permanent personality defects as a youth so I can relate even tho not virgin just betasperg
>>
File: 876979864657.jpg (23 KB, 404x341) Image search: [Google]
876979864657.jpg
23 KB, 404x341
>was doing freelance trolling back in 2012
>found a group of edgelords on FB doing similar stuff
>joined their group
>one day someone posted a link to an /x/ thread
>thought /x/ was retarded and starting clicking around
For a long while i was just lurking /out/ and /k/, then /tv/. But then I started posting, got more invested around here, and eventually branched out and found /r9k/.
>>
File: donaldwishingforhissweetrelease.jpg (585 KB, 1259x947) Image search: [Google]
donaldwishingforhissweetrelease.jpg
585 KB, 1259x947
>be senior in college back in 2010
>really lonely bc I had only made acquaintances and no close friends during college
>had discovered 4chan a year earlier but only browsed browsed /b/ and /o/ for the dank memes
>discovered /r9k/ and it's unique culture of accepting our total beta/omega nature but while providing support and a safe place to share feels
>be 26 now and still come here to both relate to other people who always had difficulty fitting in >but also be thankful I'm not a 30 something wizard who poops in jugs
>>
I got introduced to 4chan by one of my friends. I was a bit reluctant for a while because he and another of my friends always browse /b/ for the lulz, but then I gave in. Still, I stay the fuck away from /b/, only browsed /v/, /x/ and /k/, then I found this place, I entered because of its name. Didn't know what was awaiting me. No regrets. It's not that I find solace in knowing that there are guys out there in worse emotional situation than mine as I'm well aware that most shit that has happened in my life was my fault.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.