[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Xbox 360 Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 19
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 184x275) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 184x275
Xbox 360 thread. Reminisce and post about good games.

>ywn play halo 3 with your friends again
>ywn forge another infection map
>tfw all gaming communities are dead.

It's alright though. We still have the ruins to explore.

>what is your fondest memory on Xbox?
>do you still play?
>why can PCgames never compare?

If you still play, post your GT. Mine is HomedogJesus and I'm on right now.
>>
Nostalgia music/thread theme:
https://youtu.be/uXcWxw7UHME

Bump
>>
i enjoyed the early days of 360 a lot. battlefield modern combat online, splinter cell double agent spies vs spies, RS vegas online (i know it got casualized but it was still felt like a RS game) gears of war 1 multiplayer 19 round matches with everyone talking on the mic. battlefield badcompany 1 and then later 1943. halo 3 and call of duty 2 and 3
>>
File: 145851131599.jpg (20 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
145851131599.jpg
20 KB, 720x405
>ywn play halo 3 with your friends again
Oh fug this one hits hard, I was too poor so I only did this for about a year but god damm those were good times.

I still keep my 2006 360, been playing Horizon 1 and GoW3 cause I didnt care enough when they came out.
>>
I'm on Mw3. In a party, playing with some people.

One is a normie, two are literal children, the last is the Normie's 'gamer girl' gf.

I want off this ride. Can I play normalfag games with less normal people? Someone add me, I have a lot of games and would love to play.
>>
>>29667071
>battlefield modern combat online

That was such a good online game. I played it on ps2. The servers were still up as of 2015, and they still might be for all I know.
>>
Getting Xbox Live was pretty cool for me. My parents wouldn't let me get it until I was like 15. I remember getting it and going home and playing Halo 3 online. It was almost magical being able to jump into a game and just start talking to people. I had a couple online friends and we would just play vidya all day. It was cool because they didn't know who I was or looked like and we just played vidya and talked about games.
>>
>>29666836
I always wanted to have some of the Japanexclusive shmups but I could never find them.

At least a few are on PC now.
>>
I miss the Jewish kid I used to play with.
>>
>ywn create another base vs base map in forge you'll never use
>>29667071
>Splinter cell double agent
So much fun. Not even one of the best of the series but the only one I played since the original Xbox because I knew one of the voice actors. Never played online though
>>29667276
GT? I played mw3 more than any other game
>>
>>29667768
Gamertag is homedogjesus. Come play, I'm on right now.
>>
>>29666836
>I bought Halo 1 over 10 years ago
>i played Halo 2 when I was 10,, now almost doube that
>Call of duty 4 came out almost 10 years ago
>tfw played halo 3 with my 13 year old brother
>mfw he is now 20
>tfw played Custom Games Fat Kid with his friends and shit on them all
>mfw they are now 20

Just fuck up my life
>>
File: House01.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
House01.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
fable 2 is best game

also, i still play the 360 all the time, it's the only console i have
>>
>>29667843
Fable 3 ruined that great series. They went for normalfag appeal, just like all games are doing.

See: Fallout 4
>>
File: 20705387.jpg (18 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
20705387.jpg
18 KB, 320x287
My favorite series on XB
>Forza Motorsport (1-3, have played neither 4-6 nor Horizon 1-3)
1 is legendary, 2 less so and 3 will forever be the true successor to 1.
>Soulcalibur 4 (never played 5)
Legendary since the Dreamcast and 4 was no exception, 5 disgracefully cut iconic characters en masse.
>Gears Of War (1-2, played none after nor the prequel)
1 is fantastic and 2 even better in every way other than the loss of a few great maps.
>Halo (1-3 & Reach, have played none beyond those)
Most kids in the 00's played Halo at least once, I think. 1 was phenomenal and it only ever improved as far as I played.
Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 4 & Black Ops 2 (played many previous installments on other platforms, but this thread is an Xbox one)
I liked BO2's gameplay and physics engine better, but liked MW4's graphics engine much better.
I spent an innumerable amount of time on each of these playing offline alone/with somebody, online alone/with somebody.
>Tfw I realize that I will never again in my entire life experience the rush, novelty, competition and bonding I did with those people or anybody else while playing these games
>Tfw I haven't bought any current consoles other than a Wii U because my original Wii became unusable and I really wanted to play Super Smash Bros 4 & Mario Kart 8
>Tfw SSB4 was great but I only play it alone because my ISP is terrible and MK8 was horrible
>Tfw cannot decide whether to get an XB1S or PS4N if ever I can afford either
>Tfw I wonder if it was financially preferable to have waited so long to purchase a current generation console because the newer, improved versions are arriving soon, but even so, lament all the time I missed out on
>Tfw I'm unsure if saving and buying anything video game-related is worth it because it'll soon be succeeded by something else
>Tfw DLC, Day 1 DLC, season passes and the like are rarely done worthily, with dignity and are a cancer to modern gaming
>>
Fug man, why can't we go back when there were no responsibilities and everything was okay.
>>
File: IMG_20160701_220540.jpg (4 KB, 127x106) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160701_220540.jpg
4 KB, 127x106
>>29668102
>Tfw you fuck up the text
>>
File: 1230494-chromehounds.jpg (174 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1230494-chromehounds.jpg
174 KB, 1600x1200

Playing GTAIV the first day it came out. I remember pretty much every detail as if it were yesterday. Games like Crackdown, Forza, Chromehounds and Hexic were the shit.

>do you still play?

I occasionally mess around in GTAV's singleplayer and sometimes revist older games like NieR and Vanquish that I missed back in the day.

>tfw pic is 10 years old as of two days ago

I legitimately feel nostalgic over the early years of the 360. I feel left behind since I haven't played any next gen consoles/games. Good memories.
>>
Gears 1 and 2. I have spent so many hours playing the multiplayer. Especially 2 playing guardian. Halo 3 custom games too. Thousands of hours well spent desu.
>>
>>29666836
I was arguably the best in the world at fight night champion

Played the shit out of trials hd

Smoked heaps of tyres in forza Motorsport in my rx7
>>
>just recently acquired xbox live for the first time
>every single game except Black Ops II and III are fucking dead

Well, besides BL2 and PreSeq who have like a handful of people on them.

Anyone wanna play a dead game with me? I have Mercs2, Blitz: The League 2, BL2/PS of course, BO2/3, and a couple others I can't remember off the top of my head.

Give me your tag and i'll add you when I drag the modem downstairs
>>
i miss my playstation 2

it shat all over the 360.....
>>
If anyone is looking for a Halo comrade, my gamertag is McChesney

>tfw you had the skill to go rp
>tfw you never went through with it because you didn't want to appear even more dorky at the time

Honestly, what the fuck was I thinking
>>
File: 1448831852883.png (248 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1448831852883.png
248 KB, 640x480
>>29668257
>ps2
>2004-2005
>all those solid fucking releases
>>
File: ROTS.jpg (322 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ROTS.jpg
322 KB, 1280x720
>>29666836

Halo 3/Reach customs and making autistic Machinimas with my bros. Vid and pic very related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfVXrIRN1Ig

>do you still play?

On Xbox One. I play Halo every now and then, but not with any of my old friends. I mainly just use Xbox as a way for me and a friend that moved away to hang out.

The community. Even the friendliest PC communities don't compare to shitting in a 16 player custom game lobby on Halo 3.

>TFW Halo 1 was released 15 years ago
>>
>>29668279

timesplitters, 5 gta games, gran turismo (i miss that the most since there isnt an equivelent on pc), dynasty warriors for mindless fun, final fantasy.

goddamnit nostalgia makes my computer suck.
>>
oh man, I spent hours and hours playing Gears of War 2.
I remember playing Horde with my best friends online after school everyday, on that wintery map. It was so fucking comfy

and then when Gears of War 3 came out we were soooo hype holy shit.

But after Gears of War 3 we all went to different colleges and we never talked again ;_;
>>
>>29666836
I played Battlefield 3 on the 360. +500 hours.

>tdm on Seine Crossing, 500 tickets

So much fun, i earned the MVP medal more than once in those kind of servers.

Conquest and rush were not that enjoyable to me since i played solo most of the time.

I loved getting high as fuck and play on Caspian Border on my own without a squad, playing like a silent operator.
Good times.
>>
>>29668403
seine crossing and grand bazaar were top tier. That being said I liked bad co 2 a hell of a lot better than 3 desu
>>
mw2 quickscoping and fucking around was fun with friends
>>
Halo 5 is free for this week.
>>
I still play on it, there's just too many good games still and a lot of the graphics still hold up.
>>
its too early to be nostalgic about xbox
I just swapped to ps4 like 2 years ago
>>
>>29669356
Op is 18 yo halo 3 babby.
>>
I still play Gears 3 to this day, still a very active community despite being five years old. We'll see how it holds up when Gears 4 comes out.

I have so many good memories of playing Horde until 4 in the morning with other people I had met while playing Gears
>>
>Xbox 360
>Playing Black ops 2 all fucking night till morning. Almost 7 hours straight
>Played only one game mode, Gun game
>Literally did not lose a single game all night. I fucking beasted on everyone.

Good times.
>>
File: wojak mask.jpg (23 KB, 320x252) Image search: [Google]
wojak mask.jpg
23 KB, 320x252
>still kinda miss MW2
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 256x325) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 256x325
It's been nearly 9 years. I went on my old profile's friends list earlier and there are only a few people still active out of 100. Everyone else was last seen years ago and the only ones left I don't even remember who they are.
>>
>tfw I had a real friend back in highschool
>we used to play gears 1 everyday after school and just talk all night about games on xbox live
>graduate hs back in 08
>we both move to different colleges
>we still play online every now and then
>I stop playing vidya because im too busy with school etc
>this was just at the dawn of social media and we never really cared about that anyway, we had xboxlive to talk to eachother
>kinda forget about him
>gold membership expires
>2014 I bought a ps4 because all my normie friends/coworkers did too
>xbox gets unplugged from the tv
>jan this year
>feel kinda nostalgic so I start up my old 360 again just to play bioshock 1
>scroll through my old friendlist, from the 70+ friends only 2 are online and both are watching netflix
>search for my old buddy
>offline since 2009

I miss you Walter
>>
File: images (4).jpg (14 KB, 209x241) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
14 KB, 209x241
>>29666836
Too many too count,
I remember before minecraft and total miner playing fortresscraft getting home from school and sweating it out until 3 in the morning and that being all i did in year 7 and 8

I also liked fucking around on on naruto storm 2 before they fucked up the subs
>>
>>29667930

I remember the first time I got Fable 3, I was excited as hell. But that changed when I got cheesy voice acting and storyline. Wife was all like, "wow, anon. I like this game better than those other Fable games you've played.'

I died inside.
>>
>>29669572
This made me emotional

Similar story: used to have this Jewish friend in 5th grade. We played shit loads of Halo every night, had a blast. My best friend at the time.
>move away
>have to sell Xbox so parents can buy drugs
>buy a new one but no internet bc poor
>it breaks

It was 8th grade before I got back online, I never did find his name. Somehow it came to me in my last year of HS, I typed it in, added him. He was online. I invited him to a party

>Mitchel, man I've missed you dawg
>who is this?
>it's your old buddy anon, I found ya
>oh

He didn't really care. I figure he had better things to do
>>
>>29666836

I used to play Saints Row and drink cheap malt liquor like a fish. Not Saints Row 2, not Saints Row the Third, or Saint's Row the Third 1.5: Electric Boogaloo, but motherfuckin Saint's Row on my original, Xbox 360 Elite listening to goth rock and ebm. This was back before hipsters started to try and gentrify my neighborhood, so it was a ghetto with a depressing air of hopelessness and the 360 and malt liquor was a nice escape.
>>
man I still remember my first run of fallout new vegas. I had no prior expirence with fallout but i did play a shit ton of skyrim so i decided to give it a try. holy shit was that game fun still remember all the twists and turns my first like how on one quest im told about repcon next thing i know im helping religious space zombies then im in a spooky tunnel getting nailed hard by ghosts. and the funiest thing in my opion was the fact i didn't know intill probably 40 hours in there was companions the whole time i had either just missed their area or didn't know if i did their shit they would join me
>>
>>29666836
>>what is your fondest memory on Xbox?
Partying up with middle school friend and playing halo/cod well into the morning
>>do you still play?
I have an xbone now, but all of my friends haven't been online in years. They're all of being normies with gf's and jobs.
>>why can PCgames never compare?
None
>>
>>29669316
But Halo 5 is trash
>>
File: 1466905767656.png (42 KB, 548x399) Image search: [Google]
1466905767656.png
42 KB, 548x399
>tfw mw2 started the dark era of gaming
>led to le noscope, underaged live rage, faze clan, etc
>still a fucking solid vidya
I'm conflicted
>>
>>29671493
who the fuck is FAZE anyway? i keep seeing this word thrown around
>>
>>29666836
Holy shit I get this feel every now and then too.

Best memories:
>playing CoD4 multiplayer for the first time
>playing BF:BC for the first time
>playing Skate it was literally the game I bought 360 for
>playing that shitty 1vs100 game with a friend
>going through the process of flashing the console and pirating games on it

It's never coming back, is it?
>>
>>29671531
FaZe is sort of an association, if you will. Their members play specific video games on videogaming consoles and personal computers, specifically from the "Call of Duty" series of videogames, in a competitive manner, competing as to who can get the most "points" in the videogame.
>>
File: 1370753848010.png (1017 KB, 665x663) Image search: [Google]
1370753848010.png
1017 KB, 665x663
>>29666836
not really an old memory but
>playing boarderlands 2 with roommate and his old high school friend
>fighting the warrior
>i'm playing siren and his friend is commando
>commando goes down because the rising lava got him and starts trying to crawl his away out
>i run over to heal him and as i approach the dude yells over the mic "I HATE YOUUU" like at the end of the shitty 3rd star wars prequel
>we all die laughing

i miss having friends.
>>
>>29671569
quite a lot of prize money 2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty_Championship_2015
>>
>>29671593
That's soft.
League of Leukemia players make millions
>>
Max Payne 3,
>The single player.
>The multiplayer.

>The feels of being a white man on fire
>The feels of rage grim satisfactions.

Good times to anyone who knows it.
>>
File: MEMEM.png (609 KB, 967x981) Image search: [Google]
MEMEM.png
609 KB, 967x981
i will never play firefight on Halo 3: ODST with my only ever friend again like we did for hours and hours.

he an hero'd last year

I still have the theater replays of our games saved. sometimes I watch them and cry.
>>
>ywn play custom games of halo 3 with a full lobby of your friends again

>ywn get to experience starting skyrim for the first time in your console again

>ywn play bo2 zombies with your friends again

Thinking about when I was always happy makes me even more depressed and empty on the inside.
>>
File: images-63.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images-63.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
>>29666836
Best days I can remember.
>2011
>after having an Xbox 360 since release I get XBL due to getting good internet
>meet three guys in Halo Reach
>dudes are fucking bros
>play Halo all the fucking time with them
>learn about Minecraft clones because real minecraft wouldn't come out till 2012
>bros tell me to get Total Miner Forge and CastleMinerZ
>play the fuck out of them and have good times
>skip for a bit
>play Battlefield 3
>became engineer whore
>meet two other guys who are bro tier too
>play the fuck out of battlefield 3
>every dlc, game mode, and assignment we worked through
>good times will never end.webm
>battlefield bros leave me and go to PC
>go back to halo bros
>have even more bonding with them
>literally inseparable
>bros to this day
>buy Xbox One instead of a PC because I'd rather be with real bros instead of those who abandoned me
>never regret my decision
I still chill with my old halo friends on Xbox One. Those days on Halo Reach and ODST are still fond memories.
>>
>ywn lead a crawler around while your friend gets his dinner
>ywn play infected custom games all night
>ywn have a sore throat from screaming and laughing
>ywn spend hours trying to get a nuke
>ywn see/hear that 360 notification pop up as you get invited to a party
>ywn race mongooses

give me one reason not to end my life
>>
File: q2aw3esdrf.jpg (196 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
q2aw3esdrf.jpg
196 KB, 900x600
>mfw getting a perfection for the first time with 15+ kills with the banshee.
>Annihilating tryhards with my Elite in SWAT
>playing customs games like Jenga, Fat kid, Mario Kart, and Saw
>>
File: 1350525192147.jpg (44 KB, 744x688) Image search: [Google]
1350525192147.jpg
44 KB, 744x688
>ground war
>domination
>sub base
>ACR with a silencer, blue tiger is my camo, akimbo rafficas secondaries
claymores and flashbangs
>stopping power pro, ninja pro, scavenger pro
>harriers, pavelow, ac130
>private chat with my only friend, he's a 13 year old boy from ireland who I have no idea what looks like, despite talking to him every day after he comes home from school for the last 2 years
>the age gap isn't noticeable, we get along very well and he is very skilled despite being so young
>we know each other very well, on a personal level as well at this point, but primarily in relation to video games
>our playing styles and strategies are synchronized and compliment each other perfectly, it has been honed for several hours every single day for 2 years, it is almost intimate
>just the two of us are able to totally control what direction this game of sixteen people is going
>we dominate A and B until we get to 130 points, at which point we allow the enemy to take it so that the game will last longer
>after the game we go game chat and listen to the people calling us tryhards
>we have a laugh, then go back in to private chat
>I try to redpill him about the jews and tell him how rap music is degenerate
>he complains to me about his mom or something
>think "this is probably the happiest I will ever be"
>I was right
our friendship went on for 2 or three more years, black ops 2 was the last new game we played together
the worst part is it that it was I who cut contact with him after I finally moved out of my mom's place, because I didn't have a TV so I couldn't play xbox
why did I do that
>>
File: screenshot12.jpg (76 KB, 490x276) Image search: [Google]
screenshot12.jpg
76 KB, 490x276
I used to have two Xbox 360's in my house. (one was mine the other was my older brother's) we would get the all of the neighbor kids to grab their TV and Xbox and come over. We would host a LAN party with four TV's and four Xbox's. and set up eight man teams in two separate rooms. We would switch between Black op's and Halo:reach with sort breaks in between. It got pretty heated at times, with some actual fights breaking out between both sides, but by the end of the day we all got along again. We put hours of thought into countering the other team's strategy. There never really was a defined winner by the end of the day. I would have to say I miss my old LAN party group. We had ace's in that group, kids that earned nicknames for how they played, we had, "Bad", Butterball and Crybaby as the most memorable people, Bad being the worst to encounter, he was the oldest of all of us and was the best in strategy and could ensnare his enemy in traps drawn out of sketchbook paper that would later be put into play he earned his nickname, he was bad news. Man those were the days, mountain dew and pizza everywhere people screaming across the house at each other calling each other names and sabotaging the other teams equipment mid-game, it was crazy at times but it was still fun and it's a fond memory. But for work reasons my family moved. I haven't encountered a group like that since then, I kinda wonder what they are up to nowadays.
>>
>>29667930

I played fallout 3 really liked it, something about fallout 4 doesn't sit right for me though, whats your reasoning behind fallout 4 and why you don't like it?
>>
>>29669663
Holy shit, exact same with me. Fortress craft in year 7 and 8 and then a ton of naruto storm
>>
tfw when constantly refreshing thread to feel something good again but no new posts and all you can feel is the void.jpg
>>
Just move on and make friends on current gen. Go on some lfg sites or something. Hell I've met about 12 people through ferzu over the last few days. Vidjya has become shit but if you have enough people it becomes much more tolerable.
>>
Halo 3 custom games were the highlight of my childhood, playing 'fat kid' and cops and robbers on custom maps with a load of people was so good.

Now I only keep my 360 to play Skate 3, wish they'd make a PC port for it :(
>>
I remember first getting one and playing nothing but halo 3 and forza 2. Never had live since I could never afford internet until I was in high school. Later I remember playing a lot of the orange box, mafia 2, and fallout 3 and that was in about 2011, didn't buy games very often since they're so expensive on release and it takes awhile before you can find them cheaply. A few months ago I got new vegas for very little and dumped 100+ hours into it. But lately I've just been playing forza 4, it's worlds better that its predecessors.
>>
my k/d on black ops was 3.64

i used to go like 70 and 0 getting chopper gunners on nuketown

i was complete shit at all of the call of dutys i played up until something clicked when i was playing world at war and i became a fucking beast, to this day i can pick up a controller and play any call of duty not even knowing the guns and maps and just rape
>>

I was gonna just scroll on by and let you have your fun, but now I have to point out that you are an idiot.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.