[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3rd world living
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: photo-21.jpg (954 KB, 2048x1229) Image search: [Google]
photo-21.jpg
954 KB, 2048x1229
robots, Im searching for the cheapest place to rent/live from my savings. Im talking CHEAP here, lowest i can get.
Requirements:
>dont get killed
I dont give a crap about anything else. A country with easy access to otc drugs would be preffered.
>>
>>29665627
Eastern Yurop
remove some kebab while you're at it
>>
>>29665627
Panama is pretty safe.

I go for jogs at 4 in the morning, yesterday I met a hobo who gave me his belt after I offered him my umbrella.
>>
>>29665941
Is Panama really cheap? I thought they were booming.
>>
>>29665941
My dad wants to take my mom and retire in Panama. Is it a good idea?
>>
>>29665941

>yesterday I met a hobo who gave me his belt after I offered him my umbrella.

It's like playing a Zelda game IRL...
>>
>>2966588
A kebab kek. Lel
>>
you don't care about internet and other infrastructure things?

there are plenty extremely safe and hospitable european immigrant small towns in the cono sur of south america (south brazil, uruguay, argentina)
>>
>>29665627
Does anyone know - how do you even "move into" a place like that? I looks like you just build your shit next to someone elses. Probably free to live there (though maybe some type of extortion so the big bad wolf doesn't blow your house down)
>>
>>29665941
I think that's just called trading.
>>
>>29665941
>starting the hobo exchange sidequest
good catch, you can really use the final item in later boss fight.
>>
>>29666044
Would like to know too.
Original request.
>>
>>29665953
It's not really cheap, foreign investment has made the country more modern, but it's also made it more expensive, I'd recommend venezuela if you're looking to feel like a king on a budget of ten dollars. Prices in panama are pretty close to the United States actually.

I'm a foreigner myself, and for most foreigners this place is great because you're already head and shoulders above the rest of the uneducated proles, knowing english, being white (or just foreign), and having a college degree means you get to pick and feel superior.

The city is divided into two parts, the foreign dominated center and the shitty native outskirts. A mall called the multiplaza basically marks the center of modern investment and foreigner concentration. I live about a kilometer away in a part of the city called san francisco where there's a lot trendy vegan shit and sushi shops.

Panamanians don't have any kindness or latin american hospitality either, but for the most part they're not thieves and you can easily tell them apart from other south americans because they're uglier by far than any other group.

there are also very nice rural areas away from the capital. Near the costa-rican border there's an area called boquete where the rich designer coffee seed farmers and stereotypical old americans settle down. Nothing but rolling mountains and wide stretching plains as far as the eye can see, and a lot cheaper than the capital area.

>>29665968
You could do a lot worse than panama. But you should advise them to come and travel for a week before making that decision. What they'll gain in geographic beauty and economic stability might be lost in the simple fact that the culture is way different than the united states.

The days of living like a king on a budget of ten dollars are long gone, prices are going up and the economy is beginning to slacken. It's not all good.
>>
>>29665627
Buy/build a tiny house in a rural town in the middle of nowhere here in Colombia. NOT in the south though, that's the jungle part where you get killed.
Food is very cheap there, the people are alright and there's few of them, rent and taxes are gringo memes basically.
Just don't be an asshole and you can grow old there no problem.
>>
>>29666231
>What they'll gain in geographic beauty and economic stability might be lost in the simple fact that the culture is way different than the united states.

Could you elaborate a bit more?
>>
Most of you were raised upper middle class in the US and still can't survive, how the fuck are you going to survive in a 3rd world country? You don't have the heart kid.
>>
>>29666286
See, normie, we had such a nice talk about the topic.
Stop derailing threads.
>>
>>29666243
Any specific areas or anything else you can recommend ?
>>
>>29666286
this

I bet 99% of the people in this thread have never been to a third world country

Just pls dont go to eastern europe, you will get killed there for being a little bitch
>>
>>29665627
Get used to less sanitation, go for some mud baths to make yourself less irritable to most infections, don't expect that there will be a cab in every street in the district.

Expect that you have a high chance of getting robbed
>>
>>29666450
There's plenty to choose from, but if I were you I would go somewhere in Boyaca, since it is very safe, the weather is chilly and food is plentiful
somewhere in Antioquia could work too, assuming you are not a jew (long story)
>>
>>29666269
Let me be frank with you.

Panamanians are kinda shit. They're an eyesore of the highest quality and I'd like nothing more than to go to the past and convince balboa that the natives need to be exterminated and not converted to christianity.

The traffic is the worst. Everyday the people of panama come together and face the challenge as to how they're going to amaze me with their absolutely shitacular driving skills. You don't know what it's like to watch three ambulances carrying the critically injured survivors of a car accident, locked in traffic because half a mile away there's been another car accident and now the entire system is locked into a grid.

There's also nearly 300,000 ethnic chinese who basically dominate an entire part of the city. A lot of these are immigrants with the culture and manners of mainland chinese folk. Most will speak chinese to your face and between themselves and they dominate a manner of microsupermarket popular throughout the city called "chinitos" making them common even deep into the city.

Also, it's fucking boring. You've got one mall that's kinda okay and about 1 square kilometer of good, well designed modern cityscape followed by the rest of the nation alternating between shitty buildings and dense forest. You can only go to the beach so many times before realizing it'd be nice if there were anything else of value here.

If I had to give my honest assessment, Panama is like dubai with no oil to start with. As soon as foreign investors pull out (and they will) it will go to shit faster than the planes can take off the runway. The government has basically placed zero value on educating the natives and actually building something of value that can take the place of tourism. I give this country 30-50 years tops before it comes down on itself like a sandcastle.

However, it is very safe for latinamerica, and panamanians for all their faults are mostly honest people.
>>
>>29666583
I'd get killed in Antioquia. You can't expect me to live that close to Medellin and not try go in the city for some pussy.
>>
>>29666604
Boyaca should work just fine then, just dont expect great internet
>>
>>29666243
How chill is columbia ?
Lets just assume i find a nice remote place that shows no sign of usage/being owned, and i would just build a shack and go from there, will i be fine ?
>>
>>29666906
You should be fine doing that but you wont find such places near towns, etc, so food could be an issue
I recommend you just buy a house in a small town
>>
Hue here, ask anything
>>
>>29667366
Whats a hue ? Brazilian ?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.