[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>watch zankyou no terror >main character smokes, is a badass
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: Shibazaki.Kenjirou.full.1772816.jpg (227 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Shibazaki.Kenjirou.full.1772816.jpg
227 KB, 800x800
>watch zankyou no terror
>main character smokes, is a badass who doesnt give a heck about anything
>decide i want to start smoking because it might help me relax in public and look cooler
>dont know how to buy cigarettes

do i just print out a picture of what cigs he smokes and show it to the gas station clerk or what? i dont know how to do it and i cant ask my parents. my parents cant catch me because theyll freak out (im 24 before you ask)
>>
Just get a pack of camels or something to start off bro they're not gonna pick out cigarettes for you from a picture of an anime character.
>>
>>29664631
Just don't. Don't be a cuck to big tobacco.

It doesn't make you relax (it just sates your addiction so it kinda feels like it), and it doesn't make you cooler.
>>
Don't start smoking dude. It's bad for you.

It doesn't make you look cool; it's out of fashion.

If you want to try nicotine I would recommend lozenges instead. Cheaper and less dangerous.
>>
>>29664692

>It doesn't make you relax

Actually it can. The "all relaxing effects of nicotine are just the addiction being sated" thing is a myth.

Nicotine has proven anxiolytic and calming effects on the brain, even in non-smokers.

http://www.livescience.com/7726-nicotine-takes-edge-anger.html

>Smoking to relieve stress is nothing new, but now a brain imaging study shows just how nicotine can blunt our anger response.

>People who received half a nicotine patch dose proved less likely to rise to provocation, compared to when they took a placebo. This may support the idea that angry or stressed-out individuals can more easily become addicted to cigarettes, researchers say.

http://www.biospace.com/News/nicotine-takes-edge-off-anger/136537
>>
>>29664665

so i just say "can i get a pack of camels" then? what if they ask what flavor?

>>29664695

its not out of fashion you should try watching an anime sometime or even any regular TV show
>>
>>29664631
do smoke OP, don't listen to these normie fags, who gives a shit how long you live. It will make you more approachable, only chads and stacys who would ignore you anyways will judge you cause you smoke.

On to brands, start with the baseline Marlboro Reds, it will give you a good sense if you like a harsher taste, if you don't like it get yourself some menthols, cant go wrong.

Bonus tips, if you find yourself in Japan at some point do pick up a pack of Mevius 8, best cigarettes on the planet.

good luck OP, and remember dont listen to these normies who have invaded our board. robots and cyborgs unite!
>>
File: 1428465704283.jpg (111 KB, 1024x723) Image search: [Google]
1428465704283.jpg
111 KB, 1024x723
>>29664631
I actually just jumped right on to spirits when I first started smoking because of the "100%" tobacco labelling. Fuck that all cigs are 100% tobacco, the only fucked up part is how they treat the plant after it's grown (chems and pesticides etc)

I honestly hate my life but the only reason I push on is because interesting adrenaline related hobbies such as skateboarding are my true escape. Cigarettes are there because it gives me a reason to run from the wolves every once in a while and be on my own and calm for a moment. I can focus on the task at hand better when I've got a cig burning.
>>
>>29664809

>its not out of fashion you should try watching an anime sometime or even any regular TV show

On TV shows most characters don't smoke and smoking rates are going down in Japan too.

http://blogs.wsj.com/japanrealtime/2014/07/31/smoking-rate-drops-below-20-in-japan/

Cigarettes are a dirty, obsolete ROA for nicotine.
>>
If you want something standard, get a pack of Marlboro reds. Menthol, I say go for Newports and be the niggest. High quality but pricey, American Spirits. If you want to roll, I'd recommend American spirit pouches, or maybe Top if you want something cheap. (I payed $8 for enough tobacco for a lot of cigarettes and spliffs)
>>
Who /nigger & mild/ here?

I like to smoke those the most
>>
>>29664631
>my parents cant catch me because theyll freak out (im 24 before you ask)

That's even more pathetic than smoking simply because you saw a cartoon character do it.
>>
>>29664809
With Camels you would probably need a more specific name. I don't know types of Camels at all, but you could find them online. Do some research, these companies all have sites, and you could probably just look up anything you wanted to find out.

If you want to easiest transaction, just ask for Marlboro Red's.
>>
>>29664891
negroid here. I tried those Marlboro Midnights recently on a whim, stupid name for a cigarette but they are really good actually. And since no one buys them you can get em pretty cheap at convenience stores.
>>
>>29664631
>watch boko no prefect gentlemen
>main character wears fedora, is a badass who doesnt give a heck about anything
>decide i want to start wearing fedora because it might help me relax in public and look cooler
>dont know how to buy fedora
>>
>>29664932
I like the packaging because it looks edgy but I hate menthol
>>
>>29664631
i know this feel. i started watching mad men a few weeks ago and holy shit, they're all so fucking cool compared to me
>>
>>29664917

most personality traits are emulated from observation and i want to emulate shibazaki

>>29664917

i bet youre real cool staying home on a friday night too anon
>>
>>29664990
This thread made me put Mad Men on. I wish I could smoke without feeling like a total ass.
>>
>>29664631
smoking is the worst thing that has happened to me... if you want to be a cool chill motherfucker whos calm in public just walk around with a book,
>>
>it might help me relax in public and look cooler
you should have been jaded out of thinking such troubling things could be resolved so simply about a decade ago
>>
I smoke Marlboro Blacks, they are much better than Reds in my opinion. you might like American Spirit Yellows or the regular Blues.

For your first pack, try Camel Menthols. They have a bubble in the filter you can pop if you want it to be menthol, otherwise it's just regular. good for seeing which you prefer
>>
Anyone ever try Lucky Strikes?

I'm thinking of trying those because I want to fuck up my vocal chords. I sound like a pussy at 24. I need a raspy voice.
>>
>>29664631

This post is really embarassing, jfc
>>
File: lol.gif (928 KB, 500x246) Image search: [Google]
lol.gif
928 KB, 500x246
>>29664809
>its not out of fashion you should try watching an anime sometime
Never change /r9k/.
>>
>>29665388

menthol is a mint taste isnt it? i dont think id like that
>>
>>29665477

any reason why? youre not contributing to the discussion at all if you want to post meaningless things please go back to readit, ty
>>
>big tobacco shilling on this weak willed cesspool
That's pretty low
>>
>>29664631
You need to ask for a specific brand or else the gas station attendent will think you're some kind of retard. I smoke Marlboro 27's, they're pretty much middle of the line shitty cigs. If I were you I'd probably get some American Spirit yellows. They're relatively light and it sounds like you're a bit of bitch and just want to smoke for the appearance anyway.

If you don't want your parents to smoke or if you'd like to retain some semblance of health I'd say you just shouldn't smoke though. It's not like girls think smoking cigs is cool or anything.
>>
>>29666304
If you don't want your parents to find out you smoke*

Sorry kinda tossed
>>
Smoking is just if you want to look cool i dont get it, you dont feel anything from smoking or nicotin better go get some real stuff
>>
>>29665463
I've smoked a few packs of unfiltered Luckies. They're pretty nice.
>>
>>29665771
Actually it turns out that people just like tobacco.
>>
>download zankyou no terror
>watch first minute
>turn it off
trash
>>
>>2966492

I smoke camel 99s, but go back to Marlboro reds when I'm in a shifty mood
>>
File: image.jpg (390 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
390 KB, 1280x1024
>tfw no smoking gf
>>
>>29664695
>Woah that guy is so cool
>You see how he pops those lozenges?
>Fucking awesome I'm so wet

I don't even smoke and thought this was stupid
>>
File: DeusExBanner.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DeusExBanner.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>29664631
Wait 'till augmented lungs come out and be like this guy.
>>
>>29666857

suit yourself dork
>>
File: 1467417764008.jpg (63 KB, 674x673) Image search: [Google]
1467417764008.jpg
63 KB, 674x673
>>29664631
>I WANNA SMOKE CIGARETTES BECUZ THEY MAKE ME LOOK COOL XD
>I DON'T KNOW HOW TO BUY CIGARETTES
found the underage b&
>>
Smoking is disgusting

That being said, I still smoke because it feels pleasant and it's a gateway to social interaction. Who cares how long you live, I'm a fucking robot for fuck's sake you think I want to prolong this?

It'd be nice if I could smoke without my hands completely reeking afterwards though.
>>
I bought my first pack of cigarettes in Japan OP you autistic fuck.

That said don't start smoking, why the fuck should you? You have nothing to gain and a lifetime of constantly wanting one. Also my lungs are shit now, I cough up phlegm all the time.
>>
>>29664631
go for some american spirits
>>
>>29664809
i would start with turkish royals desu

>smoking for like half a year
>have smoked shitty cigs and good cigs
>best cigs so far are turkish royals
they smell like chocolate when theyre in the box and they are so smooth
>>
Rolling your own gains maximum cool points. You will be making one of the worst decisions of your life though.
>>
>>29664631
Does anybody here /vape/? I tried it once and it was actually really pleasant with the really smooth juices. I just want to get a Venom Snake phantom cigar pen but it looks like nobody makes anything like that and you have to build it yourself.
>>
>>29664737
I've tried nicotine every which way and no matter what it makes me tense, never relaxed. Tense all day the next day or two as well.
>>
>>29664631
God I would LOVE to be behind you in line for this interaction. OP please do exactly what you've described
>>
>>29667430

this.

>>29667440

and this.

get a can of american spirit tobacco and one of those little plastic roller thingies.

doing anything else makes you actually retarded.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.